Baseball Official Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Philly, Oct 17, 2010.

1. oh, also Yu Darvish has a UCL sprain in his pitching elbow and may very well need Tommy John surgery.

Royals signed Chris Young, 1yr/$675k with $5,325,000 in incentives.

2. yeah I would need a late night draft too

3. I'd be down for some fantasy baseball if you guys are doing a league. 

4. so if that other guy who ran the league isn't around anymore I could start one on yahoo or espn if you guys are down.

I like yahoo better for fantasy though, their menus are faster.  but if you guys prefer espn or whatever that's cool too.

5. I only roll w/ Yahoo.

Arm injuries beginning to mount again...first Yu Darvish, now Zack Wheeler has torn an elbow ligament and is likely to have TJ surgery. Dillon Gee will replace Wheeler in the rotation, presumably until a starter gets traded or Noah Syndergaard/Rafael Montero is/are called up.

Cliff Lee's career is pretty much over, I guess. His elbow injury isn't improving; Phils put him on the 60-day DL and are going to attempt rest and rehab to avoid surgery that would certainly end Lee's career. And what a crazy ride his career trajectory has been. Take a look at his BR page...his career trajectory is for a starting pitcher what Jose Bautista's is for a hitter.

Hope this isn't the end, but it looks like the Baseball Gods will treat Cliff Lee the same as they did Doc Halladay.

Gavin Floyd, who signed a 1yr/$4mil deal with Cleveland over the winter, has to undergo elbow surgery (he broke his elbow after his comeback last season) and may miss the entire season.

Pirates prospect/reliever Brandon Cumpton underwent TJ surgery recently as well.

6. So how many people are actually down for the league?  I'll go ahead and make it once I know who all wants in.

7. Kyle Kendrick named the Opening Day starter for the Colorado Rockies.

That is, former Phillie Kyle Kendrick is the Opening Day starter for the Colorado Rockies.

Just wanted to let that sink in for a moment, savor it a bit.

Reds went with Jason Marquis over Tony Cingrani in their rotation. Now, I know Cingrani throws maybe two pitches and uses his fastball eighty to ninety percent of the time, so obviously being a reliever is in his best interest in the long run, but you can't tell me that Jason Marquis is a better answer. He's just not. He's got a career ERA over 4.50 and he's gotten crushed at every stop he's been at that isn't a major pitcher's park (like SD) the past few years. He put up an ERA of 8.47 in Minnesota, 9.53 in Arizona, an aggregate ERA over 5.00 in Washington...

8. I sure hope the cubs don't screw up with Chris Bryant. I would think if he is that good it wouldn't take six years to decide on a contract extension. I would let it get that far. After this maybe he'll want to see what free agency money is like.

9. signed up

coming back for my title from 2 years ago

10. Count the rings.
    http://youtu.be/4M9yocXVyW4

11. Any thoughts on Melky Cabrera this season? I'm hoping he gets into his groove, but who knows. Would love some input.

12. #18294 TimothyTheFirst, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2015
    i have him on my fantasy team so i hope he does.

13. i also did. my friends left him in until the 8th round, so I pretty much had to.

14. #18296 TimothyTheFirst, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2015
    yeah I think I got him relatively late too.

my league has 16 teams and all of them are tigers fans so i think some al central players fell a little bit lol, and they kept reaching for tigers players.

16 teams made it kind of interesting though cause pretty much everybody either ended up with a couple prospect players who are/might be starting off in AAA this season and they're unproven, or a couple really old guys on the tail end of their careers.

I ended up getting Javier Baez and Steven Souza.  I got souza super late so I figured the risk was pretty low, but I took Baez at a decent time so I'm really hoping he pans out.  Especially since I'm pretty thin on the left side of the infield.

15. I'm in a ten man league, so I have some pretty good players. But I failed to get a dominant 3rd baseman. Any prospects you could recommend me?

16. If everybody in your league was dumb enough not to take Kris Bryant, I'd jump on that.

17. he's taken, but how is chase headley doing? I don't really keep up on the Yankees. He's up for grabs right now.

18. (I was about to say kris bryant and then I got ninja'd lol).

I think chase headly might be a decent pickup.  Nick castellanos from the tigers if he's not already taken might be pretty good since defense doesn't really matter in fantasy.  He'll probably be good for around .270 and 15-20 hrs this season.

Miguel Sano from the twins is another top prospect but he's starting off in AA.  he'll probably force his way onto a major league roster at some point this season.

Someone just dropped David Freese in my league, so I'd assume if he's getting dropped in a 16 team league he's still available in a 10 team league. not a prospect but he's decent.