Baseball Official Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Philly, Oct 17, 2010.

1. It's meh. I just don't like Detroit haha

'Too blessed to be stressed'

2. Royals got fucking whooped. Classic JV on the rubber...sorta. but 10-0 on the road...yikes. Detroit is winning the central.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Kershaw just saved himself 2 runs after he balked .. In the 3rd inning Tim Hudson hit ball up the middle and Clayton turns around and back hands the ball and looks off the runner and gets em out at first .. what a play

4. Puig in the 7th inning just gunned out a giants runner at 3rd base . It was a bloop broken bat single into right center Puig got to it . Stop ed and did a opposite turnaround and gunned it At the Same time to no hop get the runner at 3rd without a doubt

5. L.A. Dodgers NL west champs in your face!!! Maybe it will be a freeway world series this year? Angels and Dodgers? I will shit if that comes to fruition

6. Nah it's gonna be a Beltway World Series this year.

7. Tigers in the playoffs again! Royal lost as well so the magic number is 2. I'm going to the game tonight vs the Twinkies ...Scherzer on the hill

Tigers will beat the O's

8. playoffs babyyy lets get this shit started already

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Shootouts to the royals on clinching a birth.. First playoffs since 1985

10. TIGERS bout to win the AL Central 

[​IMG]

11. I know there's a few hockey fans in here whose attention hasn't quite shifted away from baseball yet so I'm just going to let you all know we're trying to put together a GC fantasy hockey league. We plan on drafting next week if we can fill the league in time. 8 would be the bare minimum we can roll with but we can take as many as 12. We've only gotten three so far (basically the entire population of the NHL thread at this point) so let me know with a PM if you're interested or have any questions about the league.

12. Lost the GC League title game by two hits and two strikeouts. Also didn't set my lineup for two different days...damn you sixty-plus-hour work week. Cheers to the winner and everyone who stayed active this year. It was a little too easy for me most of the way, but I always have fun with y'all and I hope it's more competitive and equally as fun in 2015.

Also just wanted to point out a funny thing: iirc, last season the Marlins ended their year by having Henderson Alvarez pitch a no-hitter. This season, the Marlins' year ended with them being no-hit by Jordan Zimmerman and the Nats...with Henderson Alvarez on the mound for the Marlins. Two seasons, two final games, two sides of the same coin. Interesting dichotomy.

Hats off to Jeter...got into a big argument on the line with my co-worker tonight, who is a big Yankees fan, about Jeets after he called him "the best player of our generation". I forgot I work with a bunch of very dumb older people (older being 35 and up) who act as though awards are the be-all end-all merits. I pointed out that Jeter was a very poor defensive shortstop and that his "great" plays like the classic "Jeter hop-throw" are a result of him having to compensate his poor positioning and sense of fielding with his athleticism. They used the Gold Gloves argument, and I pointed out that GGs aside, his numbers as a defensive shortstop are just not very good. He is who he is and was because of his offensive talents as a shortstop. Sixth-most hits all-time and a career average of .310 plus being a fan favorite will allow you to keep your post at the most demanding defensive position on the diamond long past your expiration date. Unrelated, but the same two jackasses later defended Ray Lewis being involved in a stabbing. smh.

Glad Jeets got to go out in style in Boston, even though I strongly contend his final hit in Yankee Stadium was staged.

Hats off to Paul Konerko and Bobby Abreu as well. Outstanding careers, worthy of the Hall of Very Good.

I saw Konerko many times every year. Class act.

14. #17974 Ryan Donnelly, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2014
    so what are the predictions for each series of this postseason?

15. Dodgers FTW!

bleedblue.jpg

16. Holy Shit! Twins just fired Gardy! Never thought I would live to see this day! 

17. Royals > A's
    Angels > Royals
    Tigers > O's
    Tigers > Angels

Giants > Pirates
    Nats > Giants
    Dodgers > Cardinals
    Nats > Cardinals

Tigers > Nats in 7

18. whos watchin the game tonight

19. royals are gonna win this game

20. F***in Ned Yost pulling James Shields in the 6th. Wtf is he thinking.

-(Tim)-
    Upsidedown Mountains