Baseball Official Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Philly, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Damn. Lester struggled that inning. I wonder who we got on the mound next.

2. Lookin like it's gonna be a good one.

S'co AL

'Too blessed to be stressed'

3. Couple of perfect innings there for those LA boys. 

4. Scherzer, Cabrera killed it. Go Tigs.

5. #17885 PAToke775, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2014
    Not a big fan of the All-Star game determining the home team for the World Series....especially since Wainwright admittedly threw Jeter an easy pitch to hit during his 1st AB (kind of like what they did with Ripken back in the day)......sure he went on to deny it, but I think he was just covering his ass at that point.

6. Wish the Phils would clean house.

Ruben's an idiot, as we all have realized by now, but it takes a true dummy to wait until most of one's trade chips have all-time-low values before considering trades. Cliff Lee has a strained pitching elbow and is getting up there in age. Domonic Brown is having a horrible season. Papelbon has made it so clear he wants out that most Phils fans are on board with him getting the fuck out of town for good. Carlos Ruiz has been hurt. There is no moving Ryan Howard. Rollins is going to want to pick where he goes.

So your primary trade chip is Cole Hamels...and then you state you have no interest in trading him. SMFH

Worst GM in baseball for a reason.

7. Speaking of bad GMs, what is Brian Cashman doing?? He wants to acquire starting pitching at the deadline?

Dude, it's over. 4/5ths of your rotation is down with major injuries, the lineup is old and brittle, 2/3rds of the new guys you brought in to assist the lineup have helped decrease productivity...

8. Because its the Yankees they always assume they'll somehow make the World Series. And the braves have finally released Dan uggla. It's about damn time

9. Goin to an As Astros game, gonna have to get super high for that slaughtering

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

10. Tigers stunk it up.

11. Good lord, the Twins pitching rotation is so terrible, It is almost hard to watch at times. 

12. How about them O's tho!

Uggla was historically bad for a player his age. Makes some sense though, if you think about his Marlins career. Came up late, was never a good hitter for average even in his prime, had vision issues...

Still though... he's hit .174 in his last 578 ABs...and now he's the Giants new 2B.

14. Did I mention I was a Twins fan earlier? Whoops, that shit is embarrassing! 

15. Can't wait for us to trade Papelbon and RyHow.

Howard is seriously going to complain about being in a platoon with Darin Ruf at 1st base now? Much love for 2005-2010, but come on dude. Your game is on the decline hard.

Howard's averages this season:

.209 vs LHP
    .229 vs RHP
    .188 at home
    .216 with runners in scoring position

He's unhappy with his situation, the Phillies are unhappy with his contract, and they're apparently shopping him as hard as they can leading up to the deadline.

Kind of sad watching the Yankees try to cobble an entirely new rotation around Hiroki Kuroda. So far, they've acquired Brandon McCarthy, David Huff, Jeff Francis, and now Chris Capuano (from the Rockies). They're reportedly looking into reacquiring Ian Kennedy, as well.

A's DFA'd Jim Johnson.

Mariners re-acquired Kendrys Morales from Minnesota in exchange for reliever Stephen Pryor. Guess people will do anything to not have to have a Corey Hart/Justin Smoak platoon at first base.

Neftali Feliz back to being the Rangers closer now that Joakim Soria has been traded to The D.

16. Howard sucks. Meanwhile, the Tigs finally went in LA. Nathan strikes out the side for a save. Scherzer fans 11.

And LOL Raburn

[​IMG]

17. Why do I remember something similar to this happening when he was in Detroit?

18. It's really weird how bad they've been since the 2010 playoffs against my giants. When you look at the roster, it isn't terrible. Guys just aren't living up to their potentials. I also thought the pence trade in 2012 was a panic move, but I won't complain 😀

Sent from my LG-D800 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. That was a nice grab by the fan in this LA/SF game.

'Too blessed to be stressed'

20. I really enjoy watching when they have two exciting teams on ESPN. Don't see baseball this energetic in Minnesota. At least in recent years anyways. That being said... Posey just went yard and cut the deficit to 1.