Baseball Official Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Philly, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Ha I know right sucks for me being a mets fan

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. EVERYONE: I HAVE JUST RECEIVED SOME BREAKING NEWS.

[​IMG]

3. Despite being a Red Sox, I've always like Napoli. And he got fucked up on that pitch. But his decision to remain in the game is badass imo

'Too blessed to be stressed'

4. S'co O 's still

5. Fuck you Baltimore you piece of shit team.

6. I was picturing Napoli going on the 15-day DL after that HPB, when he took his base I was amazed

Great ninth inning and a crazy finish to boot

7. When Farrel fucked up and put Mujica in before Delmon Young was announced as a pinch hitter, he left Lough in the game. Then Lough had the error to lose the game.

8. I'm liking this Ike Davis trade so far!

9. Of course once he is off the mets he will be an all star hall of famer

10. Its been a great year to be a Brewers fan so far. Best record in the league. Amazing offense. Surprisingly solid pitching. Been a great ride so far.

But I know its a looooong season. I never like to jump the gun with baseball. It's all about consistency. Keep grinding.

11. obviously they offered colon lifetime donuts for such a mighty swing

12. The more I think about that brawl the other day in the Pit/Mil game, the more I wonder why Cole would have been pissed about Carlos Gomez not running out of the box. Gomez can fly and may have had an opportunity for an inside-the-park home run. There was really no reason to say anything, he screwed himself out of a possible run.

Yeah I wondered that too. He almost definitely coulda had an inside the park homerun seeing as he didn't actually start running until he rounded 1st base.

He was more than likely shouting at him about the unwritten rule of admiring your home runs. Clearly Gomez thought he had hit a home run, and honestly it was less than a couple feet short of getting over the fence.

Which is interesting because it's usually the grizzled veterans that do this type of stuff, not a second-year player like Gerrit Cole, outstanding as he may be. Guys like Brian McCann, for example.

Also, it makes no sense to me that Cole was the one who initiated the issue by going over to Gomez at third base, which led to Gomez taking wild swings, which led to the benches clearing. If Cole doesn't go over there to give Carlos Gomez a piece of his mind on unwritten rules, there is likely not a bench-clearing "fight." So how did four players get three-game bans but Cole doesn't get a five-gamer (aka "one game for a pitcher that appears to be more when announced by MLB's justice system") for creating the problem?

No rule against talking shit is there? Gomez is the one who had to be restrained cause he couldn't control himself.

Obviously I'm biased here, but I can see why they didn't suspend Cole seeing as he didn't even take part in the brawl.

16. good to see yanks winning some games. tanaka is looking real good.

jeter has looked nice so far as well.

hopefully this continues on its way to being a very good first month of the season.

17. #17719 StickyIckyRicky, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014

He didn't take part in it, but his actions were the catalyst. No, Gomez should not have responded the way he did, but he was getting a suspension either way.

My point is that Cole's shit-talking is the point at which admiring a potential home run went from "hey, that's a dick move" to "we're all going to punch one another." If the purpose of the suspensions are to deter the behavior, then giving Cole a suspension would be right in line with MLB's desire to root out these incidents. Although personally, I feel that they should let this type of stuff play out until it gets to a level where some guy is pulling some bullshit tactics, like when Johnny Cueto kicked Jason LaRue in the head with his cleat and ended his career.

Or, when

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lXOWIJbzWA

18. Or the ray knight vs Eric Davis fight lol