Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Glycerin based tincture okay to use on wound?

• Please log in to reply

Peter Griffin

Peter Griffin

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,426 posts
*UPDATED*

My girlfriend's mother has diabetes. She got a small scrape on her knee last week and the scrape is not healing, it's getting worse. I know that cannabis applied to the wound would greatly speed up the healing process, but all I have is a glycerin based tincture. Would it be okay to put on the wound?

Edited by Peter Griffin, 20 October 2010 - 05:48 AM.

• WildWill likes this

tharedhead

tharedhead

Southern Gothic

• Bronze Member
  • 8,881 posts

• Peter Griffin and m.e710 like this

Peter Griffin

Peter Griffin

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,426 posts
Thanks man. Do you think this will help?

tharedhead

tharedhead

Southern Gothic

• Bronze Member
  • 8,881 posts

Peter Griffin

Peter Griffin

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,426 posts
Sweet! Now her grandma won't be able to lecture me about marijuana :hello:
  • m.e710 likes this

WildWill

WildWill

Just Wild and Crazy

• Old School
  • 19,955 posts
You know I had never thought of this, but I'm going to try it out myself with my own tincture, not as a wound thing, but as a topical analgesic. Wow, what a great question. Thanks!

Limewillis

Limewillis

MMM cheese :)

• Registered Upgraded
  • 405 posts

You know I had never thought of this, but I'm going to try it out myself with my own tincture, not as a wound thing, but as a topical analgesic. Wow, what a great question. Thanks!

I was under the impression that cannabis based topical tinctures and creams were becoming a norm for wound control and healing process.

Oh, while I'm thinking about it I once had maggot therapy.
Felt amazing, believe it or not.
I know I know, the whole idea of having 50 or so living things in your body eating tissue, knowing that for your whole life they've done nothing but eat rotting corpses.
But the little guys felt good almost, kinda like when you rube the outside of a bad cut to stimulate blood flow, but actually in the wound.

Plus I was told they secrete antibiotic saliva an such while eating diseased and dead tissues.

Totally off topic but somewhat relevant to OP's relatives non healing wound. :smoke:

clinton

clinton

OMMP patient & grower

• Registered Upgraded
  • 763 posts
Before cannabis was made illegal it was used as topic skin treatments, & as an antibiotic. I use oils instead of tincture as I can make them very strong. It works wonders on sores.

clinton

Peter Griffin

Peter Griffin

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,426 posts
which method do you use? also what solvent? :D

clinton

clinton

OMMP patient & grower

• Registered Upgraded
  • 763 posts

which method do you use? also what solvent? :D

Similar to Rick Simpson's oil - I use various solvents to different results. See thread Ingesting Rick Simpson Hemp Oil - now a current topic - I posted a lot there.

I use virgin coconut oil to make my oils as the base. Also various essential oils.

clinton
  • CAPT.CHRONIC420 likes this

BadKittySmiles

BadKittySmiles

Compassion Support BadKatsCannaPharm.com

• Bronze Member
  • 6,586 posts

Peter Griffin

Peter Griffin

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,426 posts
She's been putting it on the cuts for a couple days now and they are healing :hello:
  • Russy likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users