Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

- - Show your Hash/Oil! - -

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by DiAmOnD RaStA, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Looks a1 bro! I'd love to dab some of that, I plan on pressing some nugs when I get a rig. What kind of bud is ideal for pressing? I can get dense nugs like this
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448219668.366029.jpg
    Or more fluffy sativa like
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448219689.925486.jpg
    I'd imagine the fluffier buds will retain less of the oil vs a more dense nug. Thank you love seeing people make top shelf oil with something they can steal from any wife :D

2. #11162 pqppqpqq, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2015
    Actually, when you have enough pressure it seems that the denser the bud, the better. I have a 1-ton rosin press setup, so I actually compress the nugs as tightly as I can with my fingers before I press them and it seems to increase the yield. It seems that way, the only way the rosin can flow is out of the bud rather than inwards toward all the empty space (the fluffiness.)
    I find that really stinky, sticky buds are the best. They make the kind of stuff I have posted as examples. Pressing lesser stuff doesn't work as well. As an interesting note, I have been pressing out some blue dream that has a few seeds and it doesn't seem to affect the yields. Pretty cool!

3. Thanks for the great info bro, I image that press gets all that sticky goodness out and leaves some dry chips! Good thing most of my dense buds I pick up have a really deep piney smell or straight skunk. The fluffier tend to have an earthy or citrus smell/taste.

Love learning new things about this lovely plant and how we can Medicate in so many ways, imagine how much healthier this is to smoke on your lungs. Fantastic thinking in the stoner community is honestly amazing. Hand a stoner a light er and a sack and he will find a way to smoke it, who would of thought all he needed was a hair straightener.

4. ha i tried the rosin pressing thing with flat iron on low all it did was flatten the nug and start smelling like it was cooking .

5. Did you wrap the bud in parchment paper and press really hard?

6. Lol ive had his success yes to the above trying steping on the fucker too could be strain dependent everytime I pressed I got nothing to very little and it was so clear couldnt see it to scrap it

That was with a ssh sativa

7. Here's my latest run using OG Kush trim...no buds just trim. It's been purging at 99.5 degrees for 15 hours at 29.5hg. That's the best my vac can do. This has been flipped once and I'm about to flip it again. Comments appreciated because I'm still a noob at this but getting better. BTW this is NOT winterized.

Attached Files:

8. Oh shit

Attached Files:

9. Some Reserva Privada strawberry banana rosin. Greasy fuckin nugs, look at the nug in the photo, it clearly still has a few presses to go. I got a crazy 25% yield off this.

Attached Files:

10. #11170 NikoGnarJars, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2015
    Some fuego nug run shatter
    [​IMG]

11. Og Kush earl

Attached Files:

12. Dude try more like a pot of water on the stove. Use wooden spoons to set you Pyrex upon so it does not touch the pot. Turn it to 1 maybe 2 on the dial, leave for half hour to heat up. Mean while the tane should be air purging. When tane is gone throw it in the pot for a bit. Scrape into center, spread thin leave it for a day or so.

~Ronin

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-grow-journals/1351737-fresh-ronins-paradise.html

13. #11176 awek420, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2015
    Shishkaberry Rosin.
    Half gram.

Attached Files:

14. im getting great oil now again ... I have an idea , so you got your nug in a jar and some more nug in a second jar, now you pour in the isoin jar 1 then wash as usual then drain iso into jar 2 with nug and wash and then filter will that work.... I mean it would make a much thicker liquid right or would it not work.... im gonna try it when i figure out how i wanna do it

15. hahahaha thanks im getting much better quality now that im oven purging on top of dring the plate wow it looks so much better

16. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1449003146.740497.jpg

Some blue dream oil... This is some of the best tasting/ smelling wax i have smoked.

17. 120u Sour D pressed at room temp.
    DSCN0054.JPG

DSCN0057.JPG