Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

How long do edibles take to set in?

• Please log in to reply

Lord Cohliani

Lord Cohliani

Old Gregg

• Registered Upgraded
  • 103 posts
I'm going to a haunted house with some friends. It's kinda a long drive there, and I probably wont have time to smoke right before I leave. Since I (obviously) can't smoke there I figured the best way to be high while I'm in the haunted house is to make some Firecrackers (or, possibly, peanut butter cookies).

Regardless, How long does it take for these to set in? I need to make sure it's timed right so that I'm high in the haunted house.

Thanks, in advance.

kingkongGbong

kingkongGbong

• Registered Upgraded
  • 775 posts
45 mins to an hour. Faster on an empty stomach

tjviperjr

tjviperjr

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,288 posts
usually takes about an hour for me to feel someting

smokin bones

smokin bones

Slow Motion Member

• Registered Upgraded
  • 176 posts
If this is your first time with edibles you might want wait. My first experience with brownies I was going to dinner with family 5 hours later, decided that I'd be fine by then if I ate half a brownie and I was TOTALLY out of it, I had vertigo, blank mind, nearly bugged out. Might not want to risk having a freak out in the middle of a haunted house

Daveey

Daveey

Joint Roller

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
I brewed some tea yesterday, and I didnt expect it to take 2 and a half hours to kick in.
I had swim practice, and I gotta tell you my dude it was trippy as fuck.

But edibles kick in when your body breaks down the thc, and thats depending on how fast/slow your metabolism is.

Lord Cohliani

Lord Cohliani

Old Gregg

• Registered Upgraded
  • 103 posts
Perhaps I should just try to roll a blunt to smoke in the corn maze next door before I get in line, or simply smoke right before I leave... Too bad.

DAVlD

DAVlD

9 to the universe

• Gold Member
  • 8,983 posts

kingkongGbong

kingkongGbong

• Registered Upgraded
  • 775 posts
I would definitely eat a firecracker or whatever edible you go with. You'll be guaranteed high the whole time. Just be careful not to overdo it.

Fumar Verde

Fumar Verde

Firecracker Grandmaster

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,176 posts
eat about an hour to an hour and a half before desired effects. Its better to kick in earlier than later, especially since it takes time to peak.

austyn12

austyn12

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,564 posts

45 mins to an hour. Faster on an empty stomach

Dont eat them on a empty stomach they give u a stomach ache . atlease every time i eat them without eating something i feel sick for like a hour while it kicks in.

Storm Crow

Storm Crow

Very Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 11,748 posts
For the best (strongest) results with edibles, you need to eat a fat-filled meal about 45 minutes to an hour before you eat your edible. The meal "tires out " your stomach, so the edible slips on through to the intestines almost untouched. The intestines dump the THC directly into the body.

These studies explain it- (they are just short abstracts- you can handle that much "Sci-Speak"! lol)

Science: Oral intake of a cannabinoid together with a meal improved bioavailability by avoiding first-pass metabolism (abst - 2009)
International Association for Cannabis as Medicine

Intestinal lymphatic transport enhances the post-prandial oral bioavailability of a novel cannabinoid receptor agonist via avoidance of first-pass metabolism. (abst - 2009)
Intestinal lymphatic transport enhances the post-p... [Pharm Res. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

Granny :hello:

RandomThoughts

RandomThoughts

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 3,127 posts
I've had edibles take 1.5 - 2 hours to kick in before.
I've also had them start to kick in, in as little as 25 minutes.

I usually know "it's on" when I get a slightly heavy/tingly/pressurised sensation around my eyes and forehead, it's actually a little euphoric.

MrBongToker420

MrBongToker420

Work Hard, Smoke Harder

• Registered Upgraded
  • 514 posts
Usally around 30 mins to an hour and half. One time i didnt feel it untill 2 hours and 15 min later, because i ate it on an empty stomache. It helps if you eat something 30 min before you have your edible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users