I am spending $150 on a new Bong/Smoking Device Reply What You Would Buy

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Desensitizer, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Show me a $150 option for:
    Good glass bowl of medium size
    Diffusing stem...holes rather than slits
    A single chamber bong thats not a beaker type (personal preference)
    Activated Carbon filter
    Disk diffuser.
    I don't know a good way to chose those parts because if I did I would have done it that's why I asked

It's possible although it depends how early in the week it is. PM me when it arrives I would really appreciate it

2. Yes PM me for more info...

3. Syn 45x5mm beaker, $110
    B. Wilson - Clear Disc Screen Slide - 14 mm $30

I'm 99% sure this will be my first bong purchase. Not sure if I need the slide, if I do it'll be that one. I can't really justify it right now cause I just bought a MFLB...which is sweet btw.

4. Oh...that was just assuming you could get all those parts and pieces from different places for under a total of 150$

5. #45 Desensitizer, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2010
    Thanks! That's another good SYN option
    Yeah I know what I am saying is find me that setup at that price lol. The point of the Topic was 'if you have a setup that you know of for $150 let me know'. I was just politely commenting that your posted list would be sick but it doesn't really do anything if it is purely 'wouldn't it be nice to get that setup for that price'

6. #46 kingkongGbong, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2010

the glass on beaker tubes typically gets thinner at the beaker, whereas with a straight tube it remains consistent throughout. when my last beaker broke, it shattered at the beaker and the tube survived.

from my understanding, showerhead diffusers are better because it offers better dispersed diffusion. with the hole diffusers, i've noticed the bubbles typically only come out of the top couple of holes, and the rest don't really do a whole lot, but with a showerhead, all the slits are on the same level, so the smoke has 6 (or however many slits it has) or so equal ways to exit rather than the 2 or 3 it would with a hole diffuser. i don't know how big of a difference this makes, and i may be completely wrong about this. it just seems like based on my observations of how holed diffusers function, a showerhead would probably do a better job.

i don't think theres anything wrong with the tube you posted in your OP, in fact i think if you really like it then you should go for it. i think no one has really commented on it and are recommending other tubes because no one can really (or has not yet) attest to the quality from that particular blower. while on the other hand plenty of people here have purchased syn tubes and can comment on the quality. in short, i have heard nothing but great things about syn, but this is my first time hearing about simple glass tubes.

7. So if the beaker is dropped on it's bottom it will break more easily than if the straight non-beaker is dropped on it's circular disk bottom? Thanks for the continued explanations!

8. I am going to order a SYN Beaker/Straight tube for $110 but I need to know what you guys think is less likely to break if dropped, the beaker or the straight?

9. Save your other 50 bucks and stick with the MFLB for now while in school. Perfect stealth.

10. this whole set up cost me 150
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. I've decided Bong.

What did you get/where?

And as previously stated, what is better for dropping, beaker or straight?
    I am getting a $110 SYN tube from ALT and a diffused SYN Showerhead Downstem most likely.

People who have a similar SYN tube and smoked with/without the SYN Showerhead Downstem and are willing to give details/information would be awesome.

12. I have a 45x5 syn, the one that cost $110. It's a beaker. nice if you want something small that hits very well.

13. #53 Desensitizer, Oct 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2010
    Do you think that the Straight would hit worse?

Given the price range and the fact that design and glass quality was more important than thicknesses or size at my given price range of $150, I decided to go with a $110 45x5mm SYN

I am still deciding on Beaker or Straight but I am not sure. Help/thoughts on this would be appreciated.
    Things to consider:
    Supposedly straights have stronger bottoms is this true?
    Being level on a table isn't relevant
    Lower water requirements for a straight is a pro.
    Speed I clear the bong doesn't matter.
    Will a straight have a good enough volume of smoke given the tube size?

Apparently the SYN Showerhead diffusers are only 6.5 and 7 inches which is too long for this bong. What alternative showerhead diffusers should I consider? I was looking at the 'Alex K 14/18mm - Showerhead Downstem - 3 3/4'

Would a Ben Wilson Clear Disc Screen Slide make it easier or harder to pack light bowls?

Should I get the Clear Disc Screen Slide or the diffuser?

14. #54 Desensitizer, Oct 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2010
    Edited, repeat

15. I got the Left Coast straight tube and Left Coast ash catcher at a head shop in Connecticut.

16. Do they have an online store?

Honestly at this point I have decided on a SYN Straight Tube 12 inch 45x5mm for $110

Is it easier or harder to smoke small amounts of weed when using a Ben Wilson Disc Diffuser?

17. I got a china glass double perc'd straight tube, with diffused stem. Bought it with an ashcatcher and different bowl for 160. You can get some cheaply made perc'd bongs for cheap if it has a "made in china" sticker on it

18. unfortunately not :\

19. So does anyone know if Ben Wilson Disc Diffuser Slides make it easier or harder to smoke small amounts of weed?

20. How can you even suggest china glass when he has 150 to spend on a new piece.

OP I would honestly recommend saving a bit more cash before getting a new piece. I would say atleast 2-250 it would make shopping alot easier. But if you must only spend 150 get a zob 14 inch OG straight tube. They cost 115, and you can get a zob ashcatcher for ~50 bucks. But, instead of the zob ash catcher I recommend or 65 the 6 arm downstem by leisure.