I am spending $150 on a new Bong/Smoking Device Reply What You Would Buy

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Desensitizer, Oct 13, 2010.

1. yeah its the gray scale button on the top right corner of each post, and is there a possibility of u saving up money or are u just workin with 150

2. I really don't think saving is realistic given my college status nor do I want to spend more than $150 given my limited experience with both vaporizers/bongs. I love them to death but I want to experience them and re-sell them to someone if I intend on upgrade not wait a long time to get a more expensive bong although waiting for custom bongs is not as much of a problem.

Sorry about not properly clarifying the college situation, I changed the OP to more accurately reflect my needs

3. this is what I got for 160 in venice..
    [​IMG]

4. That's sick! I don't live in Venice though
    I would prefer a clear bong due to the milk factor and they feel better built to me (I know that doesn't make sense) although the look is obviously not the main factor.

5. look on ALT syn has some nice pieces for around ur price.

6. i love my syn :)

7. Yeah I feel like if I am getting a bong the $100 range is gonna be a SYN. What do you guys think of the original thing I posted that is an Etsy? It is like 7mm think and has GonG which appealed to me. Also, what I still haven't gotten feedback on is what upgraded bowl/other accessories should I be buying with the roughly $40-50 dollars I have left because I know from researching on this forum people rarely just buy the bong.

I am also very interested in the custom options discussed by DiamondRasta
    Edit: Sorry, double post

8. id say get a syn then look into an ashcatcher they have syn and manifest a/cs on ALT at around 50-70 bills

9. #30 Desensitizer, Oct 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2010
    Are beakers are better for the bottoms when dropped but not as convenient on tables or when held?

Outside of gimmicky/acryllic bongs and when talking about the ones people seem to like (SYN, RooR, HVY), the bongs start out small and thin and without GonG then progress to bigger and thicker and GonG then start having perc's as prices rise?

Do ashcatchers with water cool the smoke more?

Do diffuser patterns matter a lot?

I am gonna +rep all you guys who keep coming back to help I appreciate it.

Alright thanks.

With 4 posts I have to ask why this.

10. Its perfectly accepted to use the terms sweet stinky 'Marijuana' 'Bud' 'Ganja' or any other reefer reference here on the City. Don't have to hide it :) just saying, im not sure if you knew or not.

11. Zob Wubbler :smoke:

12. Sweet Stinky Weed

I can get those online?

13. On ALT you can get the 45 x 5mm syn straight tube or beaker for $110. Then add in the syn showerhead downstem for $35 and you come in at $145 for a nice set-up.

14. #36 Desensitizer, Oct 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2010
    That's beautiful and as it has been already suggested I am almost certain that will be my $150 bong option. Got questions though.

I get this feeling that if I drop the straight bong on it's bottom it will shatter like bad and it makes me uneasy. Are the straights going to do much worse when dropped than the beakers?

I already have a diffused downstem included, why is the showerhead one so superior given the fact it's a $35 upgrade to the prexisiting diffused downstem? I appreciate finally getting a suggested add-on that falls within budget and I am going to get it given my budget but I would like to know why I am throwing down $35 more bones.

Why is this Syn glass with the same Glass on Glass feature but thinner/shorter/higher priced better than my proposed tube in OP? I believe it is better but I'd like to know why.

Along this same line, can the same 45x5mm thicknesses on different tubes be radically different in terms of strength when dropped due to glass blowing technique/design/material? I have read information regarding Weed Star designs failure tendencies that make me think that strength variation can occur.

I've seen these, a new brand of bong on grasscity but it looks gimicky and although a bit taller is still more expensive. So why this? Also, are there good Glass on Glass ashcatchers at $25?

15. My perfect 150$ piece would consist of:
    Good glass bowl of medium size
    Diffusing stem...holes rather than slits
    A single chamber bong thats not a beaker type (personal preference)
    Activated Carbon filter
    Disk diffuser.

Thats assuming you can get said items for under or equal to 150$...Sounds pretty sweet to me:cool:

16. My friend that sounds wonderful but if I knew how to make that I would do it myself and list it here so you should do that and give me another option.

17. #39 ShastaCola, Oct 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2010
    I just ordered a SYN bong with ashcatcher which should be arriving next week. If you're still looking by then, I'll tell you how it is. Came out to $175.

18. List another 150$ piece?