Favorite Basketball Player Of All Time

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BONGandDUTCHES, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Whos your favorite basketball player of all time and why

personally allen iversons mine. He was dirty, stole the ball so much, insane crossovers, fast as all hell.

2. jordan....

3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Hand's down.

I was born in 1971 and my father WORSHIPPED the UCLA Bruins. He also loved Kareem and that rubbed off on me.

Yes, I know he's aloof. He's still my favorite player even after I met him and he wasn't even that nice to me. He's the only celebrity I've ever been star-struck with, and believe me I've met TONS of celebrities, I live in Los Angeles and I've worked in Hollyweird (sort of).

Kareem changed the game.

19 All Star Games
    ROY
    2 time Playoff MVP
    6 time NBA MVP
    6x NBA CHAMPION

2x AP NCAA POY
    3x NCAA FINAL-FOUR MOP
    Naismith POY

Yeah, better than Jordan ever was.

4. how could he have not...if im not mistaken, those years for ucla was like dream time era....:smoke:

5. This doesn't need to turn into a who is greater than who debate, Kareem and Jordan are probably the two greatest players of all-time, and both deserve the spot light.

For me it was MJ. I'm from Chicago, and he has been my role model ever since I was a kid. He had an unquenchable competitive drive that drove him to new heights, he was always greater than the hype surrounding him, pushed his teammates to new heights (scottie would not have been the player he was without MJ), and he was so charismatic and likeable. In a time when the NBA was played by men, MJ showed that he would rise above the rest no matter what opponents he faced, be it the 'Bad Boys' Pistons in the early 90's, to the brusing Knicks in the latter years of MJ's career.

6. naah, i dont think its turning into a who is greatest but i know this...most people who are interested in bball have among the greats.

bird
    johnson
    abduljabbar
    jordan
    bryant (god i hate it he wears 24...like im the one after jordan...23+1 sort of thing)
    chamberlain
    some others...

7. [​IMG]

Only because his name is mad funny and doesn't fit his race at all. :D

Chauncey Billups...

8. Gotta rep the home team and go with Kobe.

Also:

Vince Carter
    Dirk
    Nash
    Ginobli

9. Ray Allen.

10. Chris Webber pre-knee injuries
    Peja
    Baron Davis
    Spud Webb

And of course Micheal, the GOAT, Jordan. And @WildWill, to say KAJ changed the game is an overstatement, the guy was 7'2, didn't have as good of a ppg avg. as Jordan, and never won an Olympic Gold medal :D. PS, i'm a kings fan so i can't allow a laker to be called the greatest haha.

11. This is kinda weird considering I'm a huge Lakers fan, but Chris Webber. That dude is the reason I picked up a basketball in the first place. The total skill set that he had was just ridiculous. Unfortunately a lot of people remember him for always coming up short, I like to remember him as the most exciting, overall skilled big man I've ever had the pleasure to watch.

Kobe is as close as second as anyone will ever come.

12. John Stockton

13. #13 LegitBaller, Oct 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2010
    - part 1 -
    shaq diesel
    c-webb
    vincanity
    penny hardaway
    kobe
    gary payton
    udonis haslem
    d wade
    'melo

14. #14 chreeschan, Oct 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2010
    Pete Maravich and Bob Cousy. Greatest point guards ever to play the game. Jordan would be third on my list.

Edit: Ricky Rubio is the future.

15. Either Baron Davis or Vince Carter. Obviously Jordan too.

16. Ervin "Magic" Johnson SHOWTIME!!!

17. #17 LegitBaller, Oct 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2010
    - part 2 -
    glenn big dogg robinson, cedric ceballos, shawn the rainman kemp!
    james worthy, (most underated playa of all time)
    glen rice, derek fisher, chris bosh, robert big shot bob horry len bias(RIP), amare stoudemire, jordan, ray allen, iverson
    latrell sprewell, isiah rider :smoke:

18. I was just at a store similar to a Good Will and I got a Carter jersey for $12 in really good condition :D:D Gonna go back sometime soon they also had Philly Iverson jerseys and Orlando McGrady jerseys

[​IMG]

19. #19 HT, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2010
    [​IMG]

AI's the best basketball player I ever watched play for the Sixers. Kobes the best basketball player I ever watched, period.

AI is my favorite player of all-time.

20. [​IMG]

true champion..no1 played as hard as jordan did