Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Blueberry juice.....??

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

mutiny90

mutiny90

• Registered Upgraded
  • 179 posts
i heard someone say add blueberry juice in the water makes the buds taste better.... i dont know if that is true but would adding it cause anything, besides i think lowering the ph level.....?

halitzor

halitzor

urban farmer

• Bronze Member
  • 1,056 posts

mutiny90

mutiny90

• Registered Upgraded
  • 179 posts
haha ok.... jus had to make sure

Tommatt

Tommatt

• Registered Upgraded
  • 850 posts

Whoever told you this, stop believing things they say.

Most people add molasses during the last few weeks of hydro right? That sounds just as unbelievable

Edited by Tommatt, 06 October 2010 - 09:00 AM.
hehe said ass instead of add

halitzor

halitzor

urban farmer

• Bronze Member
  • 1,056 posts

mutiny90

mutiny90

• Registered Upgraded
  • 179 posts
^^ nicely said... jus learned sumthin new today lol

Tommatt

Tommatt

• Registered Upgraded
  • 850 posts

Except molasses is all natural carbohydrates and sugars which is something marijuana uses to build bud tissue whereas blueberry juice is high fructose corn syrup which cannot be utilized by plants.

We all good now?

I didn't mean anything by it, I just was saying a lot of things that are used sound pretty unbelievable. I mean fish scales and bat shit? lol

blakeshouse

blakeshouse

long time toker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 855 posts
I added molasses to my last hydro grow in BBs, all I got was foam in the buckets and a nasty mess to clean. I do use it on my dirt grow with good results. they make carbo additives fro hydrosystems that do the same thing, just not as cheap as molasses.

eastman69er

eastman69er

• Registered Upgraded
  • 476 posts
hello all,

dont knock molasses guys!!!

when i was doing soil, i used to add molasses towards the end of the plants life, trust me, it fattens it all up nicely.

I would never add molasses to my hydro kit, its more suited to the dirt.

when i first started out in this game some people used to say the same sort of things to me:confused:

i did harvest one time and leave lemon cuttings in a bag with about 3.5 grams in a plastic bag for 4-5 days, the smell did come over in the bud, not strong, but definately a smell was there.

peace
eastman

LedFun

LedFun

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 279 posts
Put the Blueberry Juice into your belly. It'll do more for you than it would ever do for your plants.

Molasses stimulates the rapid microbial decay of resident organic matter in soil. The carbs that can be gained from it are minimal and can be amended to the soil with many more effective additives than using a sugary mess in your reservoir like molasses is.

Think Ants. Think Cockroaches. Nasty, nasty, nasty!

Using a food based substance in your reservoir is like calling all the bugs in the world and telling them dinner is served.

Plus, it just makes a mess.

I look at it this way; I grow about six thousand dollars worth of weed (If I had bought it on the street), in each crop I produce. Why am I going to mess around with some nickle and dime crap when there are so many quality choices to be had in terms of nutrients and additives?

It's time to get up off that wallet and buy what's best. Even if you grow a much smaller crop than I do, it still pays to buy some quality nutrients and additives.

Use the money you would have spent on the street for that weed. It'll pay you back in high yeilds and quality bud.

halitzor

halitzor

urban farmer

• Bronze Member
  • 1,056 posts

LedFun

LedFun

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 279 posts

Because uninformed people like you will spend money on the additives that do nothing.

Pretty insulting manner you have there fella.

After growing weed for 40 years, 25 in hydro, I think calling me "uninformed" is pretty silly.

I use no additives. I use nothing more than the GH 3-Part Flora Series and it works very well for me.

Learn some manners.

halitzor

halitzor

urban farmer

• Bronze Member
  • 1,056 posts

LedFun

LedFun

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 279 posts

Learn some facts.

You sound like another Internet Know-It-All.

You assume things you have no way of knowing.

Why don't you lighten up and quit being a jerk?

halitzor

halitzor

urban farmer

• Bronze Member
  • 1,056 posts

mutiny90

mutiny90

• Registered Upgraded
  • 179 posts
dude............ you typed a lot of stufff..... i am only able to read like a sentence in.....:smoking:

Tommatt

Tommatt

• Registered Upgraded
  • 850 posts
Why did this thread turn into a cokfight when LEDFUN is just spreading his personal growiing experience, form evidently 30+ years, to the people on this forums. I'll trust 10, 20+ years experience over any book, and anybody who's "heard" somthing and takes it as fact. Ad in, he never attacked anyone, yet hes being attacked here.

If you have education against him, post the facts. But don't be an asshole and attack. hijm for no reason.

Yoda

Yoda

Hydro NUT

• Super Moderator
  • 29,099 posts

Yoda

Yoda

Hydro NUT

• Super Moderator
  • 29,099 posts

halitzor

halitzor