400 MH/HPS 4X4 Tent SCROG Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by DigiornoDude, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Subbed, this is quite similar to the journey im about to embark on haha.

My decision on whether or not to top the plant rests on your work!

2. Glad to hear I could be of some assistance h2ogo, I am actually about to head over to the hydro store and pick up some more soil so I can transplant tonight before the lights come on. I will then give them a couple days to adjust and then be topping them.

checked them this morning and they already need water again! so, come tonight transplant, and pH flush to get everything going.

Peace :smoke:

3. Ill be keeping a close eye, keep us all updated and good luck man.

4. Day 34

**Transplant Day!**

So today the ladies are moving into their new 5 gallon bucket homes which im sure they will enjoy.:cool:

Drainage:
    I got lots of pics along the way and also of the new set up with the complete drainage system. I know some people were asking how it was going to work, I hope the pictures are good enough to show how it works. Basically gravity, I have the 4 outer plants raised higher than the one in the middle even though the plants are at the same heights. The four outer trays all drain into the bigger middle one and then into a catch pan. all the buckets have a wooden shim underneath then in order to direct the water down onto the next stage, so that it is not sitting stagnant which would cause problems.

Watered with pH 7.0 water

Also raised the lights a bit to get a more even cover amongst the ladies :cool:

Onto the pics...

Yes, they are a bit droopy but had just been watered and also the light had only been on for about 10 mins..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I was one tray short and had to improvise using the catering tray for the 5th one. oops :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and after the light was moved and pots moved closer together...
    [​IMG]

Does anyone know what could be causing this below? I have only seen it on a couple leaves but it doesn't seem to get any bigger. I have examined the tops and bottoms of the leavs and looked ontop of the soil but seen nothing. ideas??? (can see missing patches on the left fingers of the leaf show in the pic)
    [​IMG]

5. Day 35

Just wanted to show a few pics of how well they bounced back in the past 18 hours. seem to be happy so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DD :smoke:

6. Day 37

Ok so I decided to go ahead and top 4 of the 5 today. all of the outside ones which are raised up a couple inches higher than the middle one were done. the middle will be done in a couple days. Got some good pics too...

before topping.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:smoke::smoke::smoke:

7. Lookin great man, i think I am going to do a scrog on mine too. Hopefully my tent isnt too crowded.

8. Day 41

Hey guys wanted to do an update here to show how the topping has come along. Also I have some spots on a couple leaves that I'm not so sure about what it is. I also put in the screen only to realize that i didn't account totally for the connector pieces for the legs which did not screw into the other part all the way raising the screen a few inches higher than I want. I'll have to get in there and cut a couple inches off the bottoms of the legs.

Anyone know what could be doing this?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The topping seems to be working nicely...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Peace :smoke::smoke:

-DD

9. Looking good, You're going to fill that screen nicely very soon.

10. Love all the pics :cool:

11. #31 holynazi, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2010
    nice journal. and clean setup. I like your drainage system you rigged up. I might steal the idea cause I've been wanting to do a scrog, but no real idea of a system for it yet, unless i go rDWC.

that leaf looks like its been chewed. i have the same problem. a few leaves look like they have been nibbled on, but i can't find any pests. i'm under the impression there is a singular insect in my garden cause i have no idea.

subbed :smoke:

Edit: Damn! went back and saw all this DIY shit you got going on and i must say im impressed. turned a batwing into a air-cooled hood.

12. Looks good. You will need some kind of odor control with 5 of them though.

13. Looks good man...i really dont know what could be causing you problems. Cant wait to see them get topped another few times. Then they will be some bushes!

Bunga

14. Glad I could be of some help with the drainage if you decide to go with it! I was thinking the same thing that the bug may just be one single guy. I'll keep my eyes out for more though. and I must say that the DIY stuff worked a lot better than I thought it would and I surprised myself in doing it haha.

Getting my friends carbon scrubber he didnt use for his grow this week, connects to 4" which is what I got, and best yet he only wants a case of beer for it!

Thanks for stopping in! and yes I am excited to see them bush up, it's hard though when you get to see them everyday.

15. Dude-Obviously very healthy plants. great job there. I have never scrog'd, when do you plan on applying the screen?

16. Not sure if you saw the newest pictures yet but the screen is in right now. It's 16 inches from the soil of the higher plants and 18 from the middle one which sits a bit lower in the drainage tray. The holes are about 3 inches. hope that helps
    -DD :smoking:

17. hey man, looks good. think ill pull up a chair for this one. :smoke:

18. I did not see the pics. It helps very much, I appreciate that. I am trying to decide if I am going to scrog mine. Thanks for the info.

19. Day 43

So Today I topped the middle plant since its about the same height as the other four. Also some updated pics of all of them showing the topped parts coming back, as well as the new topped middle one. I can definitely tell they are bushing up and the smaller side branches are creeping up around the sides.

Watered with pH 7.0 water until a bit of runoff (drainage system is working great!)
    pH of the runoff was about 6.0. trying to raise a bit with the next watering

Temps: On 79
    OFF 71
    Humidity: 43%

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]