600w hps how many plants?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by shaps1985, Oct 4, 2010.

1. i would not put any more than 4 under a 600w HPS

tbh if you grow the plant well and do a wee bit of bending then you will get the same yield from 4 as you would from 6.

2. EDIT: * in a 1.2m grow tent. you would maybeget off with more plants if you had a bigger grow area.

3. well im gonna scrog

4. Four large plants could easily fill the tent, or 6 with a short veg time. I'm in the same boat planning my next grow and can't decide between four and six. I guess it really depends on strain as well, but topped plants can get very wide.

5. I currently have 30 seeds germinating and I'm going to grow them all under one 600 watt HPS lamp in a 2m x 2m (6ft x 6 6ft) tent. SOG-style. So is one 600w HPS enough to get decent results or should I install extra lamps for optimal results?

6. hi there, any updates?? very curious :)

7. ive got three flowering, 8 one gal bags and 3 two gal pots under my xtrasun 6ac 600w hps. check my grow in myy sig

8. i'm new here...what is a sig? n how do I get there? lol.

9. [quote name='"shaps1985"']evening fellow growers just wondering, in your opinion how many plants a 600w hps light will grow[/quote]

36 plants easily in a SOG

10. I have 6 in a 4x4 under a 600w and it is crammed!
    If i do 6 again it'll def. be a shorter veg time.

I used to have a 3x3 and yielded over 6 oz with 4 plants lst'd under my 600.

Check my sig for my current grow.

Cheers!!

11. I have 13 in a 2x4 flow table under a 600

12. a sig is the space under your post, it usually has links or pictures. click under this post on the blue/highlighted words, thats a link which will direct you to my grow journal.

13. I yanked 12 males so I ended up with 18 females. Currently drying the ladies. All seemed fit under the 600 w and grow okay.

14. Questions like these seem impossible to answer. There are so many varibles, lights, air, ferts, strain, etc.
    I suppose guidelines give us a starting point, 100wt hps per sq foot sounds about right, but you can still go a million different directions with pot size, etc.
    I have gained so much insight from other growers on this site.
    You do get better though, in the early stages of my thrid grow and am getting excited as I have made 1000 mistakes and I hope to not repeat any of them. The best thing about growing for me is to experiment and see what works best for me. I have six plants going into flower and one of them I am super cropping extensivly. I never try something new on all my plants at once. Also, its so much fun to grow shit I went to jail for in California 3 times when weed was a felony. I am amazed at how slow the legal aspects have been but at least you won't go to state prison anymore in California.
    Now Texas might be a different story, you might end up pickin cotton for 5 years or maybe thats changed.

15. 9 plants will not yield a great deal. It's better to concentrate that 600 watt on 6 plants spaced evenly away from each other as they grow. I completely agree with the comment of 100 watts per plant. I use 600 watt Ushio Opti red full spectrum HPS bulbs from start to finish and grow rate is 1-2" a day. With thick stalk and very large fan leafs. I'm prepping four ladies for scrogg. This should give them plent of room to produce well over a pound of medicine. I also have some seeded plants these are babies at 8" tall if they're 15" by the time I'm ready to go to flower they'll stay inside. My larger plants are 20-22" right now. The only reason I get away with 7 plants is because of size. If your really was to try 9 plants you'll need a parabolic hood with a bulb defuser that sreads the light out furthur over the canopy. This will give you 9 healthy 3.5 oz plants. for the purpose of variety not weight. I'll still out out grow that with six in scrogg.

16. Just because you can get away with it doesn't mean it was the right combination. Most young growers myself included are excited. We like to add more nutes get a ton of seeds grow them all at once but in reality if you focus on just a few great variety in a grow with a dimmable digital 600w ballast using a balast that can dim down to 400w during veg if you watch your nutes and use a great organic line like Biobizz or semi organic like NFTG these tend not to build up salt and lock you out. In conjunction with a grow medium like Happy frog 2 parts and 1 part Promix HP you'll be getting dolimite mycoreaza perlite this will buffer your ph but you still need meters to check. Your grow will be much higher yield if you back of the mfg schedule of nutes and ease into the line up as you watch your 6 plants under 600watt hps or led cob being the best led DIY lighting.

17. 2 in scrogg hydro can get very large with little taste for your efforts.4 in scrogg soiless mix can yeild 32 oz if you chill on the nutes and use co2 generation DIY or high quality mushroom bags are great in grow tents and circulate air. I also go 18-6 in flower and 24 lights on in veg. I use NFTG and do a herculean flush during veg. Also Biobizz suplimenting no plant wants to eat the same food everday for 5 months Yep I said it 5 months I run my veg until my plants are 3month old thats natural in nature. Puts them at 34"+ inches. The payout is astraunomical. You'll find blogs to the contrary but if you give those beneficial bacteria time to grow the plant will be so strong and healthy my cola's are arm length baseball dia. I needed wires to hold them up. You should never need 1000watt light in a 8" ceiling house It's impractical and grows are not being smart when they buy this junk. If you have a garage insulated that's a different story.

18. Show me one video of 8 plants under a single scrogg that are grown to 25" average height of plant for scrogg under 1 600watt. Those plant must be very lame.

20. See this makes sense I'm not going much further with four in scrogg to give you guys an idea of what's really been tested and tried. I know what my spectrum can handle This guy might have hydro set up I'm in soil. Plants grow bigger in hydro but loose flavor (they say) alot of people say it too. Nothing like Gods dirtay.