Extended Night period before harvest

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Pastivity, Oct 4, 2010.

1. #21 Pastivity, Oct 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2010
    I guess I might as well throw in this question to the successful individuals who have tried and harvested after the extended night period,

For those who have seen a difference whether small or major improvement
    What stains of MJ did you grow?

Cyric99 noticed a small improvement
    Was the strain a Sativa, Indica, Ruderalis, an Afghanica, or even a hybrid/F1

As it is known to be fact that some stains require higher doses of nutrients than others
    Would there be such a thing as a stain(s) that react more positively to the darkness before harvest method than others would?

Anyone have any names or a list of some kind?
    Has this been done before?
    Thanks to all who read the thread :wave:

The pic below is my bottom bitch Eve and she is almost ready for harvest
    Still trying to determine if I should leave her in the dark for a day and a half or not

Attached Files:

2. I am debating how long I want to wait, as I did notice some spider mites on the tops of my plants. Think I am going to wait the 36 hours and chop them down.

3. Yeah 36 hour wait for me is a good starting point to see where this method goes

4. i would still recommend it VERY VERY highly being that it can bud no matter what light wouldnt affect flower size after they harden and the fact light AND heat degrades thc you would Definitely make it more potent hope this helps with that

5. #25 Pastivity, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2010
    Thanks all who answered
    I have decided to give her two days, maybe more, of total darkness starting tonight
    Took a load of pics of the before :D

Attached Files:

6. How are the trichs on her?

7. Edit from the earlier post
    I will give her the dark period starting Sunday or Monday for about 3 to 4 days and see where that takes me

I added better pics on my link below

8. I usualy do 48 hour dark before cutting but am moving up to at least 50 now, I wouldnt "swear" by it but I do feel that the trichs come out with more bling. On what would be the 8 week date (usualy) I lock the girls down in a seperate drying tent and seal it up. I also starve them for the entire last week, no food no water.

So basically it puts the lotion on ;-)

Seriously though it does seem the meaner I am the last week the more they reach out to please me.

Ill try and get some pics one of these weeks, I've been way to lazy about it.

9. cool thanks

Attached Files:

10. I have no pictures but, after harvesting my first plant of the season I think I have noticed a difference with 48 hours of darkness. The buds didn't seem to get any denser but the resin content seemed to have increased noticeably.

11. Exactly what happened to me.

12. Bout to put my plants in 33 hour darkness:):):)

from a sample stock I already harvested I gotta say, they are already loaded with trichomes so I am excited to see results!

13. Yea I'm getting there too

Attached Files:

• 67.jpg
      67.jpg
      File size:
      231.5 KB
      Views:

14. So what happened?

15. I began the dark period at 9:00pm last night
    I am going to be taking her out Tuesday evening
    I will post some pics :cool:

16. nice let us know if the night period is a good idea or not. :smoke:

17. Bump...Did you do it or not?

18. I am harvesting my first grow tomorrow after about a 56 hr. dark period. I have checked it and the buds are heavier. The stalks have a harder time keeping straight. This could also be because I stripped all the fan leaves and have been pinching the stems for the last couple weeks. I read that the more you beat it up, the more desperate it gets to get pollinated. I also pierced the main stem at the base with a knife and shoved a piece of wood in the cut.
    The buds are mad sticky. I check on it quickly with regular light (very dim). It won't have time to have any negative effect I don't think.

19. I'm doing this to one of my females....when I pull it out tomorrow, it will be exactly 72hr in compete darkness....we will see.

I will post back

20. Everyone keeps sayin they're gonna do it but never any before and after pics lol... Its aight though because I'm for sure going to do this extended night period when my harvest comes since I dont see it having any negative effects.