How To Grow The Best Auto Plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Boint, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Hi I'm two weeks into my first grow with a 60 day lemon and a super critical auto, I have them in 7 litre pots under cfls, they seem to be doing pretty well although the lemon is far more advanced than the super critical.
    Thing is that I planted them in some compost I had in my shed and only know now from reading on the forums that this could be a very bad thing due to the slow release nutes,
    can anyone tell me if I am better of leaving them in the soil or should I move them to a new grow medium? They both look pretty healthy but the lemon has a little yellow on the tips of the larger leaves and is a very pale green compared to a very dark green on the super critical.

2. what compost is it? soil is a collective term given to generalise things, compost is one of them. I use "west+" compost myself, it's very good but it's worth mixing some peat or coco fibre and perlite in to it

3. it's a general multi-purpose one from my local gardening store, the bag doesn't say much more than that. I had my girls under just 25 watts each for the first two weeks, I upped that to 50 each last week and got some major growth, going to double it again this week and hopefully get similar results. having a flick through some of your threads man they are great, I have a few old pcs around I may have to harvest the fans from and get some air flowing in there, its getting pretty warm.

4. what cfls u use- cool whit or worm? how u desind them? how meny u use?

5. Amazing thread!.. I'm about to start a pair of autos.. what I have to choose from,
    Sweet Seeds: Dark Devil
    Auto Seeds: Candy Kush
    Ministry of Cannabis: Silver Bullet
    Id like to do two different autos.. any recommendation.. I'm 99% sure I want to start a Dark Devil.. which of the other two should I do with it... if any experance, so they finish at the same time~ish
    I have a question that i dont see answers too here or in a few other places I'm reading/searching...Btw running cfls..
    After week 4/5 should I add 2700k cfls to the mix or stay with 6500k, will be running 3 6500k 32w per plant could add one more per plant totalling 4..
    I'm using three gallon pots.. with FF ocean... thanks again...

6. 'How to Grow the Best Auto Plants'

Start with Subaru seed, don't use GM...

Water regularly, add nutrient with your Ford-igater.

Do not sow in rustbelt, plantation country is better suited.

Rule by Fiat, and Datsun you'll Hummer a sweet tune!

7. Hi, thanks a lot for the information!
    I'm using Light mix in dirt and bio bizz liquids (bio grow, bio heaven, top max and bio bloom).

You said that automatic seed should take 65 to 75 days, like 9 to 10 weeks, but bio buzz calendar last 12 weeks?
    how do you do that...
    thanks!! :)

8. #109 GoldGrower, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2014
    For bio bizz nutes 
    Week 0-2 no nutes
    Week 2-4 bio grow 2ml per litre
    Week 4-6 bio grow 3ml per litre
    Week 6-8 bio bloom 2ml per litre
    Week 8-10 no nutes

It doesn't have to be exact but you won't have problems with these dosages

9. #110 seal1990, Jun 15, 2014
    Hi, you say you can't go wrong with that dosage so if I told you I feed:
    Week 0-2 no nutes
    Week 2-3 1ml grow per litre
    Week 3-4 2ml grow + 1ml bloom + 1ml tmax per lt
    Week 4-5 1ml grow + 2ml bloom + 2ml tmax
    Week 5-6 1ml grow + 3ml bloom + 2ml tmax
    Week 6-7 1ml grow + 3ml bloom + 3ml tmax
    Week 7-8 1ml grow + 4ml bloom + 4ml tmax
    Week 8 until the end, just water

These are biobizz products in biobizz all mix soil and I'm currently in day 50 and my 2x.sweet tooth auto and 2x northern lights x big bug auto are all quite yellow and I would say the buds are small for the stage their at. I also grow in 2gal smart pots (7l) and water 2l every 3-4 days when pots are dry. Any help is appreciated

10. #111 GoldGrower, Jun 15, 2014
    Yeah that's probably fine  but there's no need to step up the dosage on weeks 7-8 as the plants will start to take up more water and less nutes at that point

Also, I probably wouldn't use bio-grow after week 6 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ok I only use grow all the way because most peoples schedule that I sore and then made my own but clearly it needs tweaking so I appreciate your advice and will try it.

So why are my plants already quite yellow all the way to the top and why are they not reaching full potential?

I have no idea, can you put a photo up 

13. Ye i have mate on the other topuc the help for auto one that you commented on befor. Sorry was trying to get help but ill stick to that one forum now

14. very useful :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. hello, new to this forum and to autos. Ive grown quite a bit of photos indoor and outdoor with great success.  Im looking to set up a prepetual grow without lighting up another room.  Obviously autos are the only option.  I have a fairly large room bout 10x20ft w, 7ft celing with 2000 available watts, mh and hps so I could easily keep 40+ going.  Ive grown one auto successfully a sweet mango, that i got for free with my attitude order, i got 35g dry using recycled ocean forest and coco coir in a #3 (2gal) pot. Quite a few questions.  First soil, alot of people recommend bio-bizz or fox farm ocean forest.  I have always used fox farm happy frog with added perlite for my photos, would that work well for autos? second, strains, I see alot of ryders reccomended but ive got quite a bit of room as I stated before, been hearing amazing things about auto pounder.    What can you guys reccommend as far as strains for a large room to just go nuts with.  As far as pot size what is too big? I have alot of #5(3.5gal) and #7(6.5gal) is that too much?  I think I am on to something with the autos and a large room.  Any feedback is much appreciated 
    \nThanx, Adam 

16. This thread needs bumped as it has tons of great information in it!

17. Never posted on here am totally new to growing but I got some bag seeds a while bag soaked in water then paper towel an into jiffy pellets but fail rate is very high very few seeds cracked open an one's that did all came to nothing after but I have one on the go now its suppose to be an auto. ( was told they were auto ak47 an blue cheese) anyway 8 weeks in still pretty small Imo not very bushy in large 10ltr pot with vermi compost from wormery so its good stuff just added some gravelly soil to mix and let excess moisture dry out before potting but back to what im getting at 8weeks in plant still a bit runty an no sign of flowering. Its in mammoth grow room with 400w cfl ( electric bill in mind) the other half insisted or it was a no go any help? Please

18. Pics? How far away from the plant is the light?