Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Picture of your Lungs After Smoking Weed

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by smokey85, Aug 19, 2005.

1. i remember reading somewhere that smoking tabacco doesnt neccesarily cause lung cancer...its the radiation from what they use in the pestasides n shit to grow the tabacco that gives you lung cancer...fucking radioactive material in ciggs fuck that shit

2. wooooo wooo wait a second....are you telling me that you would have a lesser chance of getting lung cancer from ciggarettes if you smoke weed too?

3. The reason they don't have picture's of us pot people's lungs is because none of us has died yet.

And the ones who have died probaly did tobacco and a bunch of other drug's so it's not accurate.

4. Thanks for all the responses everybody.

5. thc itself poses no harm to our bodies, but just the fact that you are inhaling and exhaling smoke is bad for your body period.
    i believe that if i continue to smoke daily, at some point there is going to be a problem with either my throat or my lungs and i would like to get into other methods of enjoying mary jane without smoking [as much].
    i love weed, but i hate the fact that i smoke and i don't want to be a long term smoker.
    from my understanding of vaporizers, the cost is indicative of the quality. i'm just not sure i can justify spending close to a G to ensure great vaporizing, so i think i'm going to take up cooking / baking with weed.

6. No need to shell out a Grand on a vaporizer man, the city sells some for under 500 dollars, most of which are of good quality.

http://shop.grasscity.com/shop/grasscity/misp224.html

^^^ive heard great things about that one, under 200 bucks, check it out.

7. I need to find the info but I remember posting somewhere else about how the tar dispostion is based on the level of THC. The higher the THC, the less tar that will end up in your lungs.

8. isnt that obvious tho? the more potent (better/stronger) the weed is, the less you need to smoke. The less you smoke, the less smoke in your lungs. Less smoke is less damage to your lungs. Less damage to the lungs means less tar. Why did i just type that all out.

9. i know someone who has a similar looking vaporizer and he advised me not to buy the same kind...

10. I'd say weed is probably about as safe as ciggs, but since you smoke so much less it becomes safer to use weed.

And quite frankly, ciggs don't have a whole lot in them. Those white lies people try to lie and say there are 400 poisons and other shit like that... ok well if you actually read the ingredients of a box of ciggs (some cartons have it on them, I used to work at a gas station) it's basically tobacco, sugar, carmel, and any other flavor additive. No ammonia, no 400 chemicals, none of that shit. But they aren't healthy because people smoke 20-60 per day, and it adds up. If any pot smoker smokes that many fully packed joints every day then maybe he'll have problems, but I've never met someone who smoked that much. Just my $0.02.

11. The list of 599 additives approved by the US Government for use in the manufacture of cigarettes is something every smoker should see. Submitted by the five major American cigarette companies to the Dept. of Health and Human Services in April of 1994, this list of ingredients had long been kept a secret.

Tobacco companies reporting this information were:

American Tobacco Company
    Brown and Williamson
    Liggett Group, Inc.
    Philip Morris Inc.
    R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company

While these ingredients are approved as additives for foods, they were not tested by burning them, and it is the burning of many of these substances which changes their properties, often for the worse. Over 4000 chemical compounds are created by burning a cigarette, many of which are toxic and/or carcinogenic.
    Carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides, hydrogen cyanide and ammonia are all present in cigarette smoke. Forty-three known carcinogens are in mainstream smoke, sidestream smoke, or both.

the list of ingredients is really long, to see it and read the rest of the article, go here: http://quitsmoking.about.com/cs/nicotineinhaler/a/cigingredients.htm

12. soo what your saying is the better the bud is the healthier it is?

13. awesome!!

i think they're silly.

14. Vaporizers are the safest way and for those of you saying they suck ass you were probably using them wrong. It takes a while to get to know the vape and how to get the best out of it. I am a pro now and i can get higher than a mother on my volcano.. PLUS... Did you know your volcano creates pure GOO ive taken out over a gram in just like a month of using my system. that was icing on the cake. The system is expensive though I admit that, the cheapest ive seen it is 539.99 but i emailed the folks at www.volcanovaporizer.biz and they sold it to me for 449 they say they will beat any price on the system.

15. i don't remember if it was this months issue of hightimes or last months, but there was an ad for a vaporizer and had a little graph of how much tar goes into ur lungs from cigs, then smoking pot out of a bong, then pot out of a vape. of course cigs had the highest percentage, then it was the bong, then the vape. the vape was lower than the bong by a huge margin.

16. ha, whenever i hear a vape being mentioned i know ars is gonna have something to say about that.

he should make his own vape and market it
    call it...the vape-ARS

17. Smoking anything will cause your lungs to become inflammed. Smoking anything, whether it be tobacco or weed, will cause bad effects to your lungs. If you smoke weed your lungs probably look like the inside of your bowl.

18. vapes are not a waste of money, i made a home made one and it works terrific.... they are also the safest way to smoke/save your bud. As all the others say.

19. lol, of course better bud = less tar in your lungs! you don't need to smoke as much to get high! lol, but i think that the other dude who said this meant it in a scientific way... like something that was diff. about better bud haha.

20. you cant experiment on drug users, its unmoral, closiest you'll get is a quasi experiment but only problem is you cant regulate intake of drugs so you dont know how much has that effect, close is better than none

take it sleazy