Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Picture of your Lungs After Smoking Weed

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by smokey85, Aug 19, 2005.

1. I hope the title doesn't piss anyone off...cause I'm looking for a picture of your lungs from after smoking weed. I've seen a million of them from people who've smoked ciggs for their whole lives, but never one of a potsmoker (like myself). I'm just wondering about the negative health effects of smoking weed since I smoked a fat J the other day and my lungs started to hurt. It was the 1st time it'd had ever hurt...it kinda felt like there was a hole in my right lung.

Also, any RELIABLE health INFORMATION about weed would be good to (a link would be excellent). Google seems to only give me shoddy informaiton. I"m looking for info like, how many weed deaths/year, chance of getting lung cancer etc. Aiight, I'm prolly gonna get killed on this board for this stuff...but hey...I smoke but just wanna see/know what I've got myself into.

Peace

2. it's always importaint to know what you're putting in your body, i say good choice.

a cop once told me he could print out a huge list of people who died just from marijuana. what a joker, haha. i told him i did my research and i'd like to see his list. he was only bluffing. weed hasnt killed anyone, no true reports of lung cancer from just cannibus alone that i know of. it seems too unreliable to get a case of lung cancer from JUST marijuana alone, since it seems that if you smoke weed and are diagnoised with cancer you most likely smoked tobacco too.

3. Take it easy on the joints, They are semi-hard on your lungs, IMO. Bong Or Vape

4. ^ True that. Don't waste your money on a vape, though. A bong is good enough and more effective.

5. no one has ever died from pot dude

6. By activating just the THC in a considerably smaller sized piece of herb, a vaporizer can get you 10x more higher than a bong. And because it doesn't burn, you don't get any of the "harmful" "toxins" associated with smoking weed. But I feel your pain man, I love spliffs, blunts, ect. If you're gonna smoke, it's gonna hurt, especially with bongs!!! Anyway. Pot is beautiful, don't listen to any of the heresay. Judge for yourself.

7. Oh and, Vaporizers are in NO WAY a waste of money. They're worth every penny. Try one and you'll know.

8. Uh-Oh... Ars is gonna come in here and chew off your head for sayin some malarky like that... LMAO!

9. ive smoked out of a vape and i personaly think they suck ass.it was tat volcano one...but i know other people that swear by them..its all your personal preference...which i say FUCK THEM..LOL but thats me

10. I heard one time that as far as tar goes, one joint is the same as 3 cigs, but when you think of all the other shit that is in cigs pot is much better for you overall.

11. dude live your life while you can...its too short n e ways

12. there was a thread about how they proved bud doesnt cause lung cancer

13. You personally may think it sucks ass but it is the best smoking marijuana utensil for your lungs, body whatever, correct me if im wrong. But i could care less, i smoke cigs/weed, and i love the bong, joint, blunt etc etc.

14. Wow. I can't believe people are trippin on vapes. Maybe you used it wrong, or smoked nasty weed with it. I've smoked for a long time (10+ years on the daily), using many different methods, and the vape is my fave. It tastes like candy, makes my herb last a lot longer, and puts me on tilt.

Using a vape is deffinately a cleaner way to smoke. Look at a bong or pipe that has been ripped several times and you will see there is the dark (tar?) buildup all in the chamber. Look at the whip of a vape, and its relatively clean. No dark shit (unless your temp is too hot and your burning), just like clear residue.

15. Vape's hands down are the SAFEST way of enjoying the herb... As you're only inhaling the THC vapor.

Smoking weed doesn't cause cancer though. That doesn't mean it's not causing damage to your lungs, it just means you're not gonna end up in the cancer ward because of it. It differs from cigs because of this simple little thing: When you smoke a cig, it makes your bronchial tubes contract (kind of like asthma). It also hardens the tubes so they're more prone to staying that way. This traps all that nasty shit in your lungs. When you smoke weed, your bronchial tubes become enlarged. This allows your lungs to better dispose of the tars that end up down there... There ya have it... Plain and simple :)

16. You can make pot pills or cook pot food. It might not be the most effective, but wouldn't that be the healthiest?

17. Yeah... I forgot about cooking... It's actually more affective, as more THC is absorbed into your body (seeing as how it has to go through your whole GI tract and all)...

So cooking and vaping... But this thread was more lung oriented, so if you wanna inhale it, then vaping is the best option. Cooking is if you totally want to leave your lungs alone :D

18. Nice... Thanks Rummy... I learned a couple things from that article, so I guess it's good that I read it, huh? LOL... Good lookin out!

19. if your relaly worried about your lungs just stop smoking, i have asthma and get bronchiatis alot and it dosnt seem to effect me. just smoke smoke smoke and stop worrying, you only have to worry about the po po most of us might stop sooner or later who knows