How long will mixed nutes last?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by HomerSativa, Sep 25, 2010.

1. I'm wondering if I mix up some fox farm and make the ph where I want it how long can I use it. I keep it in a balloon jug with a lid. Also will the ph stay the same?

2. As long as you keep it in a cool dark area it should be fine then check the PH when your ready to use it but it shouldnt change if it dosnt evaporate or get affected by light:cool: SUP HOME SKILLET!

3. I would contact fox farms for a question like that. You dont wanna feed for nothin.

4. Homer I used general hydro nutes this year that were from 2003 they were kept in a cool dark place.

5. My thinking is that the nutes would start growing algae or something like that. Then producing methane like salsa left out overnight. Or that lake in the field that is sludge cause of all the nutes from the cow paddies! Bit getting in touch with fox farm is a no brainer!! I never would have thought of it,lol.

6. Algae needs light to grow and light excelerates the decomposition process so like I said keep it in a COOL DARK PLACE! If your nutes come in a dark bottle they are probably photosensitive.