Smart Pots & Air Pots

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jakrustle, Sep 25, 2010.

1. see my post above..plus water in two steps..first around the stem....then aruond the edges giving time for first shot to swell the rootball:smoke:

2. better idea. use 2.5 gallon in the autopot setup or water from the bottom in trays. put perlite/pumice/whatever you want in the bottom layer which will wick into whatever soil you want above. only put nutes in the top. kinda like Organic Hydroponics | Cannabis Culture Magazine

3. Anyone use the Square Root pots by sunlight supply? They are like the smart pots but much more sturdy and square instead of round. Also I noticed roots don't go through the sq rt pots like they do with the smart pots which makes transplanting and reusing easier.

4. your plants use the same amount of nutes no matter how often you water. If you are watering twice as often then you use half the dosage of nutes. I never have problems with water coming out the side, I just pour the water right in the middle and you can see the fabric get wet but no water actually comes out.

5. I have some 2gal smart pots, will that get me through my grow??

What are some more tips for using smart pots?

6. i water till 25% runoff and let the pots wick the rest works great

[​IMG]

i also run coco:smoke:

7. Beautiful deacon!!!!

8. Definitely major league...................

9. thanks p38..means much comin' from you:smoke:

thanks so much Ldawg;)just keepin' my head down and hands in the coco:p

10. Awesome stuff everyone! Thanks! Getting ready to start up another PC case micro grow and this thread seals the deal. Air pots it is! Now the question is 1L. or 2.3L.? Any thoughts?

11. using 2 gallon smarties give me better results in yeild than the 3gallon regular pots i used ta run so you can downsize some to still get the same or better yeilds.....they have square smarts now which would help in confined space..runoff is a factor...i feed to runoff and let the pots wick the extra runoff...but i run coco...soil is way different:smoke:

12. This thread made me go smart pot for my grow. HTG also has their own similar smart pot bag...more like a bootleg but does anyone have it and is it comparable to the original?

13. GrimloxK

Not too sure about the product you asked about specifically but I am running a product from Sunlight Mfg. which is a felt-like material and is a square pot vs. a round one.

My initial observation is that I don't care much for this product because as you go up in size it appears that the thickness of the material increases which pretty much defeats the original intent of air-pruning pots in general.

The pricing isn't all that much different from the SmartPots product so I'm probably going to stick with what has served me well for several years - i.e. SmartPots.

The ones that you mentioned (probably) are worth checking out - they're not a bad product but my run with them hasn't given me any concrete reason to switch.

However - YMMV

LD

14. Isn't that bag at HTG more of a solid material? I thought it was more of a waterproof, non-breathable, plastic type, nursery grow bag. Maybe I looked at a different one, though.JaK

15. JaK

Some former associates of mine are considering setting up a commercial (legal) grow in Northern Arizona - that's the claim any way.

Is Argowinn available in Arizona? They're willing to have me ship them 4 cubic yards of Oregon grown EWC/thermal comppost vs. sourcing Argowinn out of North San Diego County over to AZ

Any thoughts or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated by any number of folks.

Peace

LD

16. LD, I have never found an Agrowinn dealer in AZ. I have sent another email to them to find out if they have any retailers established since then. This guy in Tucson is supposed to have some good earthworm castings.$36/20lbs. Here is there web site. I think you may have been the one to send me this site. Acme Worm Farm www.acmewormfarm.com/I'll do what I can to help you out, LD. Be an honor. The best EWC I have found in my area were bags of Black Gold EWC. I have no idea how good they are, but I was using them in the last couple grows. Arizona is surprisingly sparse when it comes to real, Oregon type organics. JaK

17. LD, I have another email into the guys at Agrowinn to see if they have established any retailers in Arizona. Last time I asked they did not have any. There is this guy in Tucson, Acme Worm Farm, Compost Worms | VermiComposting Worms from Acme Worm Farm | Worm Composting | Worm Castings. He has EWC for $30/20lbs delivered.Only other decent EWC I have found was at a nursery and they were Black Gold brand. They only had small, 5 lb. bags at the time. Arizona is a little sparse when compared to Oregon - very sparse.When I get an answer back from Agrowill, I will let you know what they say.JaK

18. #58 LumperDawgz, Dec 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2010
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

And these 'former associates' (nee complete assholes - we go back 40+ years through a myriad of pacts, deals, grows, et al. Definitely the founding members of the whole W.P.F. paradigm) i.e. they have far more money than I do or ever will have. Let them spend it to whatever extent it takes. Bottom line - it ain't my f*cking money. LMAO

Thanks again my friend! Sincerely!

LD

• Like Like x 1
  19. LD, George at Agrowinn got back to me. They do not have anyone in AZ. However, I noticed their 40lb bagds of EWC are less expensive than the guy's 20lb bags at Acme Worm Farm in Tucson. I don't know what a 40lb. bag shipped is though. I imagine quite a bit unless you got a pallet on a semi and shipped it there. If they are in the Flagstaff area, they will have some nurseries there they can check with. Flagstaff is a beautiful area. Some old growth patches of forest to get some nice humus. Like you said, though, they got the money, shouldn't be a problem getting what they need. Peace, LD

20. yo lump, not trying butt in here but if you're in need of moving some agrowinn products from sd to az i may be able to offer some assistance. shoot me a pm if you'd like, i've just begun my winter break and have plenty of free time on my hands...