shopping list for beginners and other useful information

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by housefullOweed, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Great post dude. I'm just wondering though - does that digital ballast that you posted work with both MH and HPS bulbs? And do you know if that company ships to Canada. +rep

2. #42 housefullOweed, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2011

You missed the update, lots of the info on this thread is out of date, check out my shopping list v 2.0 for updated links and a lot more info. http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-marijuana-growing/895055-shopping-list-v2-0-a.html#post11921445

Sorry man I'm not sure if those digital ballast are switchable i have heard all digital ballast are but I'm not sure on that so you should most definitely check before purchasing one, and as far as whether or not dc hydro ships to Canada I'm not sure on that either but I'm sure they could answer your question with an email or phone call.

You might want to check out my updated shopping list for some possibly cheaper pricing dc hydros prices have went up a lot since i made that shopping list.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-marijuana-growing/895055-shopping-list-v2-0-a.html#post11921445

Could an admin please close this thread?

3. Thanks for the diagrams. Im trying to set up co2 for the first time and am a little confused. i have a question about the last diagram with the sealed room. I notice you're not using a fan/ filter at all. That makes me nervous for smell reasons. please tell me if this setup would work.
    I have a 4x4 tent with a 1000w hps, a fan, and a filter and an ozone generator. I have then built a 7 x 7 sealed room out of 6 mil plastic sheeting around the tent. This way I can clean the air but still have a sealed room. With the last diagram, I see that you exhaust the hot air from the light, but you never bring in fresh air? and never exhaust used air other than the from the light? You just recycle the same air over and over? Also, with a sealed room, I probably shouldn't use an ozone generator?

4. #44 housefullOweed, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2011
    In the second and third diagrams the light is on its own ventilation track, in the second diagram the ventilation is controlled by a thermometer and a relative humidity controller in the third room the room is taken care of by an air conditioner and a dehumidifier if necessary.
    You should never use an ozone generator and let it fill up the inside of your house, ozone is toxic when it is concentrated so you should only use it in a well exhausted room or in a exhaust duct that is being exhausted out of the house that way there is no chance of exposure to you. You are correct the air in the 3rd diagram is reused over and over and there is no problem with this as long as you are using co2 enrichment it sounds to me like the second ventilation diagram would be better for you. Also that 7x7 tent you have set up out side your tent sounds like a bad idea a 1k watt light is gonna heat that up very fast and with out cooler air coming in to cool down your plants they are gonna fry.
    You don't need an extra tent to control odor you also don't need a carbon filter and an ozone gen all you need is negative air pressure and good equipment as long as you have that you will be fine. Check out my updated shopping list and grow guide here, http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-marijuana-growing/895055-shopping-list-v2-0-a.html#post11921422

5. yea you might want to put the ozone gen info inthere, a lot of people try and close off that room

6. Its in my updated thread i cant update this thread Ive tried to get the mods to close this thread multiple times but it doesn't happen, and i have put multiple links to the updated thread in here but people keep responding here. http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-marijuana-growing/895055-shopping-list-v2-0-a.html

7. Bump for the lols. $1500 min upront expense ro grow a weed? Lol. I can grow monster tomatoes indoors for years for less than that.

Noob gardeners need a seed(s), a pot, some cheap dirt, some cheap balanced fertilizer, and 4-6 23w cfls and timer (if indoors) for a first grow. Your plants will miraculously survive and produce. Notice deficiencies and improve. You dont need to drop $1500 on a first time experiment. Under $50, more likely. If you have catastrophic pest failure, or you find out your water supply comes from 3 Mile Island, or whatever.....it doesnt have to cost you $1500 to learn those lessons. If, as with most, you dont experience catastrophic failure you WILL wind up with something decent, and experience for improvement. Enjoy more, stress less.