Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Best yield with a 400 watt hps?

• Please log in to reply

SauchBoss

SauchBoss

• Registered Upgraded
  • 534 posts
I got a qp my first time with my 400, then i got 8 oz on second harvest, then last night the third grow's final weigh came to 12 oz's.

i achieved this 12 ounces by putting 15 plants in 2 gallon square buckets in a 2x3' box i made. Got crowded as a mofo. they all got to be about 36 - 40" tall

I was hoping for a pound, but i thought 12 ounces was good enough....thats about 2 oz/square foot in coco.

whats ur guys' best yield with one 400 watter? anybody hit the pound mark with a 400??? if so, how was this goal achieved?

thanks guys

420FLASmoka

420FLASmoka

Livin' n Learnin'

• Registered Upgraded
  • 847 posts
I have 2 400 watters in 2 different rooms, absolutely love them btw. My overall harvest amounts are hard to decipher since I have a staggered crop, and genetics play a big part in your harvest numbers.

But with using 5 gallon buckets in a 5'x5' room, and doing some various training with bamboo sticks to get all the plants at about the same height, I usually crop about 3-5 O's per plant. That's a good harvest though.

theinkman26

theinkman26

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,116 posts
good job

Puffer6

Puffer6

Young Puffer

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,716 posts
i am on my first grow using my 400watter alongside my old 150hps...i will be the happiest blade if i can achieve results like you guys and your 12oz!!

i currently have 8 females all different strains but they are already flowering and quite small...i refuse to give up until i get results like you guys are getting so i am on gc every day :hello:

toastybiz

toastybiz

keep it green

• Old School
  • 14,213 posts
A rule of thumb is an experienced grower with a dialed-in setup can get 1 gram or more per watt, so one pound from a 400w lamp is right about on target.

BadAxe

BadAxe

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,168 posts
I got 6.75 oz from my 1st harvest. 2 plants, 400w hps. I also have a bag full of leaves and popcorn buds, thats 3 oz. So 9 oz out of 2 plants. I plan on getting more this time around. I can not speak of limits, as this is only my 2nd grow, but if I can get what I did out of my 1st harvest, i have no problem believing I could eventually near a pound out of my setup. Maybe not with just 2 plants, but I think it could be done with the light.

awkwardstoner

awkwardstoner

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
best harvest w/ a single 400 watter is 10 oz from 4 plants in a scrog each in 5 gallon pots. it was northern bright seeds from nirvana. grew some pretty dense buds

now I have a 600 watter, doing a perpetual grow, so no more huge harvests every 3 months, but smaller harvests every 3-4 weeks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users