Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

How bad is vape to the lungs?

• Please log in to reply

moorglade

moorglade

• Registered Upgraded
  • 115 posts
I recently graduated to smoking mostly from my Magic Flight Launch Box vaporizer. My lungs definately feel better than smoking from a pipe or bubbler but I still feel a little tightness in the lungs a day or two after a smoking session. So how bad for your health is marijuana vapor? Am I still hurting them? or does this completely repair after days/weeks of non-use. thoughts?

BlazedSuperman

BlazedSuperman

Flying High

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,801 posts
If you are smoking from a vape you aare doing it wrong. Herb is used to treat asthma, but it has to be vaporized as smoking it would be counterproductive.

Brenjin

Brenjin

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,801 posts
keep the temp below 375, above that your smoking, below that your vaporizing

TheCaveman

TheCaveman

Sa Da Tay

• Registered Upgraded
  • 106 posts
haha vaporizing is factually better, or atleast thats what the hundreds of articles i glanced through said before i got mine... and iv been on mine for like 3 years and i gotta say its my preferred way except large amounts start to have a weaker effect alot faster than in a pipe so i find my self on a new bowl every fifteen or so lol. but it should be better in everyway my only suggestion is to rip it as fast as you can and pull it off before you start to slow so it never burns

thebubblerman

thebubblerman

Mechanical Genius

• Registered Upgraded
  • 170 posts
yea, ive heard from alot of places that vapor is better than smoke. but ill stick to my bubblers.

MrMatrix

MrMatrix

The Pothead Platypus

• Registered Upgraded
  • 680 posts
As long as you aren't burning any plant material there is no tar or carcinogens released by vaporizing.
The tightness could be from a number of other things as well like stress, humidity, allergies etc.

http://marijuanavapo...r-benefits.html

Edited by MrMatrix, 21 September 2010 - 02:28 AM.

WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid

• Registered Upgraded
  • 214 posts

keep the temp below 375, above that your smoking, below that your vaporizing

Except that for example my Vape needs to be put on at about 215 - 220C which = 428 Fahrenheit, that's because most vapes don't burn at the temp they say they are burning at, some are hotter, some are cooler, mine is cooler.

The easiest way to tell is if you look at your bud after and if its dark yellow then you are doing it right, if it's closer to black then you are burning it, and therefore getting carcinogens. So just do trial and error with your vape, you will see the bud darker if you actually had combustion occur.

tgr

tgr

• Registered Upgraded
  • 969 posts
there might be slightly higher levels of ammonia but thats negligible, there are a few other downfalls, but none that will be enough to damage you more than smoking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users