Official Disc Golf Discussion.

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by HeadySpaghetti, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Yup, that's the one. Be careful though, Pueblo PD are FUCKING ASSHOLES. Spent a day in Pueblo County Jail one time cause of those fuckfaces.

2. Kinda off topic question but what happened?

3. Haha, kind of a long story, so I'll abridge it.

Me and my buddy went down to Pueblo to play, got a camping spot but got the wrong permit, park ranger gives us shit, I get arrested for possession (this is pre-CO MJ state), get thrown in jail.

My buddy got the worst of it though, they towed the car, left him in the desert with no cell reception with nothing but booze, he drinks the booze under the blazing ass sun for 8 hours, I got fed, he didn't, I get released after friend posts bail, he is sun burnt and wrecked, I'm well fed and rested.

4. Ebay discs are pretty reliable, plus they're usually cheap as well.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but Durchii aren't you into road biking as well?

5. Exactly my point. I wish this thread would get stickied, put a lot of work into it, btw what u guys think of the new first post? maybe we can get it stickied if some ppl msg the mods in this part of the forums asking with me :)

6. I think it's a really cool thread, seeing as I also have my own, and I love disc golf. I just think that the number of members who play disc golf is very limited.

I would like to see it stickied

7. true, but like the ufc or the nhl, or any other of the PRO sports. none of them are actually pros, but play them or watch them. Enough of us play this and if its stickied and a lot of ppl play, i could see it getting BIG on here! I already see it now, blades playing withor

8. Sticky would be nice for sure, however, Disc Golf isn't that big, however, it is growing.

I just wanted to post on this, and if you find it inappropriate, feel free to delete it,
    but my toking buddy, also my disc golf partner dyed his disc a few weeks ago, and I thought I'd share. It's a champion Beast, Bob Marley commemorative.

Attached Files:

9. I would like to see this thread take off. That bob marley disc is something else.

10. Pueblo PD is the absolute worst law enforcement agency that I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. In the Springs, all we really have to worry about are constant speed traps all over the city; in Pueblo, on the other hand, I get hassled while I'm doing something as benign as fishing at the Reservoir and minding my own business.

Have you run into many hassles by just playing Disc Golf at that park? I know that it has gotten a bit of a rep as a 'stoner' sport, but that's still pretty ridiculous. A lot of the college campuses in this state have dedicated Disc Courses, which don't seem to attract much frivolous police attention.

Good to know! I've seem some really attractive designs on well-reviewed discs, so I've been considering ordering a few when the time is right.

And yes, I'm into biking in general. I ride mountains on a Kona Hardtail, currently, but I know quite a bit about road bikes and have been meaning to put one together. It will probably benefit me more when I end up at University, though.

You did put a lot of work into it, but let it kick off at least a little bit more before proposing a Sticky. Thus far, it's stayed very close close to the top of this particular forum so more people will notice it and post if they express interest in the sport.

So far, it's just been a select handful of blades that have been contributing to the thread, so it would make no sense to sticky it just yet. At least that's my opinion.

11. Very cool man I thought i read somewhere this summer that you were a biking guy. I ride a lot of trails in the fall when the temps drop, but mostly road biking for me.

I've never had a runin with the cops on a course. Biggest problem I've had is some shady characters hanging around the park.

12. By next year I'll be carrying, which is unfortunately illegal for you back in Illinois (even though you need it far more than we do), but we have similar characters that traverse the parks when you get closer to the downtown area. There is a lot of Meth influence here, so any park that is relatively un-policed is considered free game to most vagrants.

I keep a knife on my person at all times and will probably dedicate a good defensive blade to my Disc Kit once I find a bag that I want to use.

13. That's so true. One of areas best courses in chicago is about 40 mins southwest of the city. The other day me and a buddy were playing and saw a guy clearly hitting a pipe in his car. He got out and we realized it wasnt a bowl, but a meth pipe.

I always carry my bowie knife in my bag while playing.

14. I've never had any issues at the course itself, but they are always cruising around the park. There's lots of thuggish kids hanging out there too, but I've never had a problem with them either. They're usually at the skate park.

I want to say it's hole 8 that there is usually always a cop parked taking a nap or some shit. Just watch yourself like normal and keep an open eye and you shouldn't have any problems. I have a feeling you know how to be incognito.

15. Well, I'm thinking about heading down there next weekend after I get some throw time in at the local parks. I'll let you know how it goes.

I've been thinking about picking up a DX or Champion Fairway Driver, as you guys have said that I shouldn't bother looking into a Mid-Range until absolutely necessary, but it seems like I should get something that does lie in the medium to some degree. What do you think? Should I get something that has a more vicious hook, as opposed to my relatively straight-flying Distance Driver?

16. I usually try to stay with straighter flying discs for fairway shots, Leopards are great for this. One of the best discs I have for fairway shots is the Aero. Technically, it's a mid, but I can seriously get a hold of that thing.

This is what I toss with:

Drivers

Champion Beast - Innova (unsure of weight, found it)
    Champion Valkyrie - Innova - 150
    Champion Groove - Innova - 175
    Venom - Discraft - 174
    Star Xcaliber - Innova - 175
    DX Leopard - Innova - 149

Mids

Champion Aero - Innova - 169
    Champion Panther - Innova - 168
    DX Shark - Innova - 147 (this disc is useless, I hate it)

Putters

Champion Aviar - Innova - 169
    DX Aviar - Innova - 147
    DX Birdie - Innova - 150

17. Good to know, Amigo! I'll keep an eye out for either of those the next time I go looking.

What experiences have you had with the Champion Beast? I'll probably head out later today and give her the first toss, but I really have no prior knowledge to build off of, just what 'feels' right.

18. I really like it, it's a pretty quick disc. I think that it's normally an overstable disc, but I have a feeling mine is a lower weight, thinking maybe a 164, so it flies a bit straighter for me. I've been loving it though, it's pretty much my go-to as a driver now.

19. #60 HeadySpaghetti, Oct 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2010
    I think you should get a Star TL for mid range, its a low speed, and very straight, barely and fade what so ever. I love mine.

that bob marley dye is awesome! i wanna learn how to dye and dye one of mine with a pot leaf on it :)

Looks like a good collection of discs, u should look into gateway drivers, and how do u like the groove driver? I love it!