Official Disc Golf Discussion.

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by HeadySpaghetti, Sep 20, 2010.

1. I really like the blizzard plastic too but I have noticed that the super light discs don't get as good of a skip.  The 140g  blizzard wraith I am throwing hardly skips at all. The glide tho!  In zero wind that disc will glide forever.  I have never heard of Dynamic Disc. I think the head shop around here stocks a ton of different brand names. Will have to check them out.  Bummer they stopped stocking Innova.  Only other brand I have thrown was Discraft and only because I have found them on courses.

2. Blizzard plastic is great. I made the mistake of jumping to conclusions thinking that higher speed=better disc when I first started, so my first discs were the Champion Groove and the GStar Destroyer, not a waste of money bc they throw great for my boyfriend. I then bought a GStar Leopard which was great but not much distance. So like I posted earlier my friend let me try his Blizzard Beast. It worked so well that I bought one for myself. It's really all about finding the right disc for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I own 2 other wraiths a regular quality plastic and a champion and now the blizzard.  I never threw the other 2 they just didn't feel good in my hand but the blizzard wraith, it has a permanent spot in my bag now.  I own a champion groove, I friggin hate that thing. Turns over no matter what I do and I can't throw it forehand because of the groove. Luckily I buy factory 2nds so it was only 8$.

4. My boyfriend actually loves the Groove, he throws tomahawk with it. I think it's just way too heavy for me though

5. It is wild how some people can throw certain discs so well an others it just goes stupid. I will give the groove a tomahawk throw   never tried it that way.  I'm always open for new ways to use a disc I have in my bag.

6. Anyone throw a round this weekend? I did today and yet again my Blizzard Beast did the trick. Such a great investment.

7. #447 norml56, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2014
    I threw 9 at the close to my house course this morning and then 18 at the further one this afternoon,  Hit a few birdies on the further course  damn Mississippi river kept it flooded out most the summer so just now been able to play it. Threw my blizzard boss for what I think was a record distance for me  forehand.  Thing just wouldn't stop flying,  wasn't in the right direction exactly but damn was it a good throw. Still getting use to my blizzard wraith  it only weighs 140g  so I can't throw it forehand without it rolling over hard  so only backhand which doesn't work on the second course for me since i'm left handed.

8. So I'd consider myself somewhat ambidextrous but lately I've been putting lefty just for a change of pace. Nowhere near as accurate as my righty putt but I'll be there soon enough. Draining them oppo from like 15ft feels good.
    :smoking:

Now I just gotta learn to drive lefty!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I played 27 over the weekend. -13 and -5. The second game i Lost my brand new beast driver in a thicket. I was so pissed. Waded thru chest high bramble bushes trying to find it. Wasted 45 mins looking to no avail. Good thing it was only 10$ I've got a starfire and a Starlite Mamba. That starlite is so easy to throw far. Wants to turn over on me easily tho.

What's everyone use for midrange? I've got a cobra that literally can't be beaten. Straight as an arrow throw. Perfect for when you gotta split a gap or your fairway is getting squeezed by trees.

Current Grow: 1k Multi-Strain

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1252985-cloud-delta9.html

10. I was using a Stingray for Midrange but lost it so  now I just use my Wedge  for midrange and putting.

11. I only got to play 18 this weekend. Finished -6, my best score at that course by 2 strokes. I had been using a Buzzz for midrange, but I just got a Claymore by Latitude 64. It has the same flight, flat and straight with a soft landing, but I can get about 30 more feet out of it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Current midrange star mako is treating me real nice. Also have 11x kc roc that comes in handy!

13. what is an 11x?

14. Anybody got somethin nice to say about the Classic Roc? I used one like 3 or 4 throws, and was super impressed! I wanna hear from someone who throws one regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. The 11x champion edition. I forget what number kc is on now. New 11x sell for $50. It's a special plastic they cannot seem to replicate exactly.

16. Awesome. I checked it out  some of the discs are going for up to 200$, insane!  I don't like spending 10$  esp with how easy they can be lost. If it was a nice open course I would consider it but with how heavily wooded and overgrown they are around here no way. Can't wait to go play a few rounds this weekend.  Came down with a stomach bug over the week and haven't been able to get out an throw. Also I brought my real golf clubs back from my trip home in Oregon so have been practicing my swing.

17. Totally feel you on the disc prices. I'd never collect discs, honestly I found this 11x kc roc and a guy was drooling over it. Let us know how "real" golf goes. Sold my clubs years ago and never looked back, my slice was ridiculous :smoking:

18. I haven't played regular golf in about 12 years, but we have a driving range that is open 24/7 so figured go down at 10 or so tonight with a few cold beers and see how I do.  going to play 18 this morning at the disc golf course and can't decide if I want to hit up play it again for a new disc since I left almost all of mine in Oregon.  I have a star Tee Devil I could throw in the bag,  but it was a disc that I got at a bachelor party and it was custom stamped and I don't want to use it for fear of losing it.

19. Lost my star mako yesterday. That thing was my go-to disc so I also gotta hit up the local play it again. Put a little too much angle on her and she soared out into the middle of a huge water hazard. I might've been too ripped to play...
    :smoking:

20. Sucks to lose a favorite disc. Fun to buy new stuff tho.  Think I'm go play a quick 18 after work today and then all weekend I'm be playing. Summer is going away to damn fast.