Official Disc Golf Discussion.

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by HeadySpaghetti, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Bummer,  I started putting with the Wedge. I think it will work for me.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I had to go get a wedge, too. That thing'll go right where you aim it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    i have a discraft challanger laying around but it only comes out on windy days.
    relying on my mako for putts right now, so far so good.

maybe i can work out a trade with my buddy.
    he has a wedge and XD he doesn't use, might take some persuasion.
    :smoking:  :bongin:

have you thrown an XD?
    don't get me wrong, i love the wedge for banked shots, buttery smooth every time.
    just feel like the XD is more subtle on the finish or something or it could be my terrible form haha

4. I haven't used an XD. Most of the shops near me sell primarily Innova discs. I found one an hour away with a good selection, but i'm pretty lazy.

5. The XD is an innova :smoking:

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Word, guess I've just not seen it.

7. Can we make this the official Disc sports Discussion

8. What is the difference?

9. Disc Golf is exactly what is. There's Ultimate, Freestyle, Guts, etc....so we should change the thread to All things Disc

10. But it isn't all things disc.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Figured I'd search the forum for 'Disc Golf' and sure enough, there's a discussion - HELL YEAH!

Whatup?

Been discin' for a little over 4 years now. Total disc count is probably over 30 - current bag is running about 15 discs. 

Go-to Driver
    Pop top Star Teebird (175g) post Ken Climo

Go-to Sidearm Driver
    Pro Wraith (Fly Dye)

Go-to Tomahawk Driver
    Z-line Flick 

Go-to Midrange
    Crystal-Z Buzzz (Tourny stamped)

Go-to Putter
    Pro-D Challenger (Tourny stamped)

If anyone has questions, feel free to ping me. I'm somewhat of a 'disc junkie' I guess haha. 

12. Anybody else a huge fan of the Katana? Shot one yesterday, sold after two shots.

Also found a shark my last time out :smoking:

13. My friend is letting me throw his Blizzard Beast today. Hopefully it'll be good!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Update: it threw amazing! I'm small so I don't have as much power in my throws so the light weight of blizzard plastic really did the trick. Hoping to buy my own when I get paid Wednesday

• Like Like x 1
  15. Really? No one has anything new to say?

16. I went on vacation for the last week n half and forgot almost all of my discs at my old house in Oregon so now I am stuck with a blizzard Wriath and blizzard boss and my wedge for putting and driving until they are shipped to me. Least they are good discs.

17. I really like Blizzard plastic because it's so light. I was supposed to go again yesterday but it poured out. Luckily I got a refund. Supposed to be shitty weather the next few days out here

18. Just got done throwing a round on my lunch break. Finished 2 under par using only my Firebird.

19. So my local disc shop stopped stocking Innova. They carry a brand called Dynamic Disc...

Anybody have any input on the brand? I have a few discs to trade in but now I'm really hesitant.

20. #440 DeathStarContractor, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    I would just buy your discs online from here on out. Sucks that you don't get to actually see them before you buy but better to spend money on something you like. I personally haven't heard anything about the brand though. Discraft and Innova are the way to go imo. But if you are interested in trying this new brand maybe buy one and see how you like it then go from there. Who knows they may have have a disc that's a really good fit for you