Baking Soda and Vinegar for pH Adjustment???

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jakrustle, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Man, if you could re-find that link it would be fantastic.

Wet

2. #22 Possuum, Sep 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2010

This is it! What everyone is looking for is this (what he said)! Read, assimilate, do! OSG props! If one is not willing to lose the whole fucking crop, then WTF are you doing here reading this? You have to get your own groove on to get it right! If you're not willing to fuck it up by learning the right way, then you are basically fucked. And if you don't understand this then you don't get "it". Make sense!?!

Thats all I'm saying :)

3. That reads pretty harsh today. Yesterday, while in the throes of celebrating someones birthday it read "ok". I'm pretty sure the party went from about 3:00 pm to 12:00 am or so. By the time it was over for me one could have performed surgery and/or limb removal on me and I would never have felt a thing.

Today I am reminded - harshly - why I decided a year ago to not drink Grey Goose vodka on the rocks anymore. Sure seemed like fun at the time.... :wave:

4. possum, it's cool, i've been there, done that. i just wish i was there enjoying the grey goose with ya, dude. where i am at now there is no alcohol allowed.

like i said before, i wish i could grow more, so when i screwed the pooch, it would be easier to let go.

however, learning is the key and you have a hell of a point about having to screw it up some before you get it right.

a little grey goose on ice right now would be optimal!!

JaK

5. Know what you might do? Instead of growing out the two bigger plants in 3 gallon and bigger containers, you might just grow more plants in square 1 gallon containers, directly side by side under the same light you are using. When you do stuff to your plants, just don't do it to them all, that way you learn what the plants are telling you or you kill them, but you still have some still alive? They grow the same, just smaller and they make weed the same, just less, and they usually don't all croak at once, so you don't have to have a heart attack when one starts to crump because it's one of only two that you have. Just an idea... they make some nifty 1 gallon square containers designed for hydro and they fit very neatly side to side, 4 to a sq ft.

6. You know, Skunk, since i have a small tent w/150W HPS, i was thinking of going square. These round 3 gallon, round containers take up quite a bit of space. Can't inefficiently get 3 in my tent.

Either that or get a bigger tent and a bigger light. I was thinking how great it would be to have a tent/or other structure that I could walk into!! ...........................................................Had to come back down to reality for a minute there. Thining how cool it would be to have about 8-10 going at a time.

Thanks, Skunk!

JaK

7. For many years i ran a single 150 hps... it was like finding GOLD after years of florescents though. I eventually used the square pots and 4 fit neatly under one light. Prior to investing in a more substantial light many years later, i ran 2 150 hps lights in a 2x4 ft area with variable headroom but no need for it. 8 small plants at a time, lots of phenos, lots of strains, tons of breeding/crossing (which is fun like learning organics is fun) and all under my same two 150 hps's. You can run 4 small well kept plants at once, you can cycle them quickly into flower or learn to prune and shape them. 4 is good, if you kill one off, you still have three to smoke :yay:

8. You're too kind. But as always, you won't know until you grow. Try some stuff and as OSG said, (sic) there's always another day to grow a fresh start :D

Peace!

9. In the 'dark years' when I had to do tiny stealth grows in order to keep it hidden from my daughter (kids have loose lips, among other reasons) I used a 75 watt HPS* with a couple of small fluorescent side lights and was able to harvest more than enough to keep me supplied.

EDIT: * I think...it's been awhile. It was under 100 watts. It wasn't meant to grow with but it worked.

10. OSG, the dark years, I like that!! We have our tent in a master closet. I keep things small right now due to odor more than anything. I figure if I go bigger, I will have to invest in air scrubbers and all that stuff. Just wish I had a nice, big, private yard to grow some monsters. Let the good old sun and wind stimulate some good ganj to reach for the skies.

JaK

11. That's exactly what I do. The pots are 6"x6"x8" and are a bit more than a (nursery) gallon, more like a true gallon. I can leave a couple inches free at the top for watering, top dressing, whatever and still have plenty of mix for the roots.

I am running just clones though and can regulate just how big I want them.

Wet

12. I still have about 2 dozen of mine too, i only use the 3 gallon now, the fives were too big when i expanded a little. square 1g smart air pots might be a good idea. might write the company.

13. I'll applaud that :hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:! That's a very good way to increase the velocity of ones data-knowledge assimilation. Excellent advice! I like to refer to such thinking as having "spatial clarity", i.e. seeing the bigger picture!

Do it! :D And a reprep rep!

14. Oh, no rep is ok, i had a ton of green points once... got into a 'discussion'/'argument' with August-West and Oldskoolgrower(not recommended), three minutes later...took all my green blocks and assigned me with a red one. Years later here i am, started posting with my red warning sign under my picture, with no reps left... might be better to not give me any, that way i don't cry when i loose them all again. I did learn not to have an opionin that wasn't shared by a mod however(or to shut up about it).

but, yeah, spatial thinking... very left sided dominant brain here, you are too i have noticed :wave:

15. For real THAT Skunk! I have to seriously concentrate on my right hemisphere just to... well, you know.... empathize. Be human or something I'm told... LOL! IDK. I is what I is and that all that I is. It what I be like! :D

16. Empathize, a great SAT word :eek:

17. as far as i have been able to understand, Empathy is when you feel for someone when you have gone through the same thing, sympathy is feeling for them even though you have no direct experience with their suffering

but that is so OT....o well

18. so is this stuff good for are olant sor what can u tell me more about what it is is it jus sioil im sorry i should just google it but gc has helped so much btw i live in nm thats why im wnering what its used 4

19. thanks a lot guys been using baking soda for a year and couldnt figure out why they needed so many flushings.

20. The ph of tap water here is 8.5. I've used apple cider vinegar for 3 grows so far and had great success. Since my soil is pretty hot I just add about half a teaspoon to my watering can (which is pretty huge), and it drops to 7.5. It works out fine. Obviously I've never felt the need to raise pH though.