Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

5-0 gave me a summons, but riddle me this.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by streetFarmacist, Sep 16, 2010.

1. So. Ill try to make this as short as possible. We were at the park playing handball or whatever and decided to go to 'Dave and Buster's' to play some pool. I had more gas then my friend, so I drove. We do our thang, and we get back to the park, at night, that 'closes at dusk', and 2 of my friends got into the other car and one kid stayed with me. Sure enough park police rolls up (not your average park police, same as a regular police office just assigned to parks, can right summons tickets etc. Flash their lights, block us off the whole 9. We tell them whats up, and they tell us their version of whats up, in the end he takes everyone out and searches them or w.e but im the only one with bud, go figure. about an eighth. Gets to me asks if i have anything so i play the honesty game and painfully gave him my bag and grinder right off the bat. it was one of those moments where we both held the bowl for a few seconds because i didnt wanna give it up. kief filled to the brim that I was saving for way too long. All in all he wrote us all tickets for upm, not even cpm and a ticket for trespassing.

1. I already told my friends they jus thav to show up to court and explain they arent guilty because i took complete posession over the bud.
    but 2. does us being in cars change anything in the matter? my weed and such wasnt on my person it was in the center console and glove compartment. the tickets they wrote dont say we were in cars

Anything else you can find wrong with this situation let me know. oh and ftp thanks.

2. Damn, that sucks you got your bud taken and everything. I'm not sure if they really had the right to search you, depends on your local laws but I'm pretty sure unless your car smells like bud or you do then they have reason to search, so if that was the case I guess thats tough.

3. Being in the car changes nothing, you should have not given up your stuff, they cannot search you unless, A: they have probable cause (they will always attempt to bend what this means) or B: you give them permission.

Lesson, never let them search you if they ask say no in a polite manner.

On the other hand your a good friend for looking out for your bros, id toke you out right now if I could bro.

Best of luck.

4. oh shit! that was short?

5. never admit to holding unless you know they have probable cause to search. check your local laws on norml

6. you shouldve ran cuz wen i cop asked him i have any weapons i said no and walked away

7. It's entirely possible that being in the park after it closed qualifies as "probable cause" in OP's jurisdiction...but in general, it is very wise to know the laws where one lives and NEVER give the police consent to search you or your stuff. If they have your consent, they don't need probable cause anymore.

See this thread for all the info you could possibly need on dealing with the law. :wave:

8. Don't let an officer search you unless he/she has probable cause.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA"]Flex your rights![/ame]

9. :]yay

10. Giving him your weed was a mistake. There was no reason for you to give him something out of the vehicle he had no right to search.