Failing a Drug Test for THC in the Army

Discussion in 'General' started by Something New, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Back in 2006 you would of just gotten a field grade article 15 and if you were lucky enough after completing asap still got to stay in. I know a couple of people this happend to. Now since everyone is wanting to join the army im not sure dude.. it all depends. If you are in IET or Basic.. which i doubt since your on here. IF u were at a duty station and failed then u might be really fucked IE discharge. It all depends on your company commander, first sergeant, seargeant major, col and etc.. If your a shitbag you will prob be getting the boot. GOODLUCK.. shouldnt have smoked lol. Just do your three years and get out honorable and smoke like me:)

2. That's a good point, bonghits.

With the influx of enlistees skyrocketing since the economy took its nosedive, they are holding no bars in discharging service members, if anything just to make room for the new recruits! The Army in particular is really overstaffed.

3. LOL if you're only making $550 per check in your last 2 years of a 4 year enlistment you're doing it wrong. I started out as E-1 (earning my stripes the hard way) making $545 /check and at the end I was making $1,500 /check. Also COLA FTW!!!!!! when you're a E-3 or below :)

4. umm i know 6 people in the marines and we get drunk and smoke blunts of spice every weekend.
    i dont think they test for jwh

5. Yes they do, you should tell your friends. I even had a conversation with my recruiter about her friend being discharged for getting caught smoking spice. They dont test for it in all piss tests, but they will test you for it if they suspect you of being on spice.

6. In Finland, you are just discharged methinks. And after a year or so, you can join back in again. Or well, you must do that anyway or do community service, or jail time.

But please do note, even B2 vitamine gives a false positive on THC on urinal tests. I find it stupid to rely on them. If its blood sample test, it may be more accurate. Which test is it? Urinal test is like shotgunning, may give positive for someone who never smoked even a cigarette, or may give negative to someone who is stoned while he took the piss.

But I highly not recommend you to even try it, if you are not aware of the consequences. Try to seek out some websites about your country army and the consequences for the certain actions etcetera. Asking here isn't exactly the best way :p

7. lol I recognize Brittany Snow, but not he movie... What movie is this from? And is she punching him or stabbing him?

8. It also depends if you're Active duty Army or NG/Reserves. Active component will probably come down harder on you for popping positive than NG or reserves will. Now, I have a good friend in NG who popped once and just had to test again the next drill weekend; his unit had a sort of '2-strike' rule. In the event that he had come up positive twice, (going by what he told me) he would have gotten a General (Under Honorable Conditions) Discharge - Failure to Comply With Army Standards, or something to that effect. A bit of Googling will reveal that you can still get some benefits (VA, GI Bill [sometimes]) after General discharges, and even have a GD changed to Honorable, though it takes time and paperwork.

Stay safe

9. not to be a dick but dont be a pussy, you knew what you were getting into when you joined. My mom quit smoking weed for all 8 years she was in the army and when she got out she started again.

10. And that's the worst part any VA, or military paperwork is a bitch to get completed especially upgrading a discharge...it's not worth it stay clean while in then once you get out party like there's no tomorrow.

11. Usually an article 15. 45 days extra duty, 50% loss of pay for 2 months, reduction in rank. If you're e4 or below almost for sure to e1.

They don't often discharge people for it, but you're life will be miserable after you get caught. If you're low rank (I assume 6 months in you are), then it will hurt your career less than if you get caught at high rank. Then again, high enough rank you can usually get away with it, as I've personally known, say, a first sergeant who smoked from time to time.

I would recommend don't do it unless your on leave, and quit at least a week early and start flushing your system. Also once you're in the army longer you'll get a feel based on your unit of how often they will drug test you. I know a lot of people who will smoke down from time to time maybe a week or so after a drug test.

It's always a risk, and IMO not worth smoking while on active duty. I always just smoked during long periods of leave (At least 2+ weeks)

12. so they have no problem sending you off to war before you can legally smoke/drink, and they have the balls to dishonorably discharge a soldier for smokin a blunt?

fucked up. nothing but respect for the military, they deserve much better things when they resign

13. Well here's the thing short of getting drafted no one has to serve. When you sign those papers you know what freedoms you're giving up. It's not at all unreasonable.

14. You will have a shit time getting a job after the fact. It's looked down upon by all.

15. 16 hours a day for 2 months

Go down 3 grades in rankMy friend is a something 4, but would go to a 3 if he fails

I bumped this since everybody is so oblivious and just searching the internet...when I have a friend who did this

But thats when you're on base

They test rarely and randomly coming back from Iraq...there is no war just work and cleaning up....

16. hey thanks alot guys.

Alot of really good shit in this thread.

Ill keep everything in mind.

Im probably not going to smoke very often though lol.

17. Dishonorable Discharges are usually handed out when a major crime (i.e. rape, murder, sexual assault) takes place. Failed drug tests are usually punished using administrative discharges.

However, I would agree with the argument of not being able to drink, but still old enough to sacrifice one's self for their country. They should make the min. age of enlistment 21. Too many high school kids are dying over there...