A guide on when to harvest.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by dc199, Sep 15, 2010.

1. trich. for sure.

I just figured I would have a look an no look to be had haha

trich though for sure just depends on what you want!

2. When a good 50% of the bud hairs are red is an old tried and true gauge of ripeness.

Otherwise the good old $6 60X hand held microscope is the shit.

I don't even bother to inspect anymore, when the plants are laying down , falling over all heavy and look ripe I harvest.

3. Hairs only tell part of the story. Some strains keep popping more hairs and some hairs will turn brown before the plant is at its best

I broke a branch of one of my plants by accident when all hairs were brown and she was most def LOOKING done, but alas she was not. :(

Here is a pretty good guide to both. 

Attached Files:

4. I know I was disappointed to when I just opened this thread

Sent from my ADR6350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Hey guys I'm new to this forum and to growing. I'm on my 1st grow and now I'm drying. its the 2nd day but my bud aren't as big and I'm curious to know if its possible that buds can dry in 2 days. Now since its my 1st grown and I'm on a tight budget my set up isn't perfect (far from it) but I also know that this is just an experiment so I can learn on how to be a decent grower until the time come were I can be just as good as you guys. So my question is can the buds dry in 2-3 days if they aren't big? I? My buds aren't big at all (7 branches but all small buds except 4 which are decent size but not big) but I don't want to mess it up by over drying it. I have it in a closet, dark with a small fan blowing but not at the buds but more towards going out and is hanging 2 feet above the fan. the smell isn't a loud smell but you have to get up close to smell. Any advice and info would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if I'm in the wrong forum.

6. I have a couple of male plants and 1 female i beleive. I grew them outdoors... its been rainy and not so sunny as usual here in greece.
    I ve heared you can smoke male plants... last year i threw mine out .... this year i wont make the same mistake...
    *******can some one please tell me if i should cut these plants now?
    only because im leaving in 5 days and i wont be back for a long time

7. #627 jules007, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014
    View attachment 143130
    I have a couple of male plants and 1 female i beleive. I grew them outdoors... its been rainy and not so sunny as usual here in greece.
    I ve heared you can smoke male plants... last year i threw mine out .... this year i wont make the same mistake...
    *******can some one please tell me if i should cut these plants now?
    only because im leaving in 5 days and i wont be back for a long time

8. Males don't produce enough thc to warrant having it near your only female unless your trying to get a thousand seeds. Trash the males, you'd have to smoke all of both plants to get a head change most likely.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Wish the pictures worked for me..

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

10. It depends on temp and humidity,and yes they can dry in 2 days. If they dry in 2 days i would put them into paperbag with some kind wet cloth or paper to raise humidity and remoisten. Always use R/O or distilled water. Distilled is better. Wet bandaids injar works also.

First put plants in closed bag for a day to see if there is any moisture left in plant. Ifmoisture is still present the flowers will remoisten. You can use glass jar if flowers fit. Just check it every 12 hours to mack suer it is not too dry or wet.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

11. Me too.... cant see em either...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Id say the type of high you want is more important. Thats why I chop when I see mostly clousy trichs

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Ready or not?

DSCF1753.JPG DSCF1755.JPG

Thanks.

14. Thanks this just helped me in the nick of time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411716012.689509.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. #638 Soup79, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
    HELP ME SOMEONE PLEASE!! :D I'M a "first timer" but very advanced in other forms of growing

ok, so I had this one random seed from some pretty lilac purple medical stuff I acquired.  This was late May this year, I had planned on saving til next spring but accidentally cracked the shell, forcing me to go ahead with growing. Started inside on a paper towel, then transferred direct to ground after 1 week or so. Did nothing but let nature takes it's course first 5 weeks or so, then did some fish emulsion, and bone meal, and 1 month later did another round of it. OMG the scent is STANK, you can catch wind of it outside my very large fenced yard. BUT WHEN THE HELL DO I HARVEST?!?! I took a picking of it 2 weeks ago and it's potent, but still doesn't look ready to me. This pic is over 1 week old

IMAG2918.jpg IMAG2803.jpg IMAG2801.jpg

17. Here are updated pics, same plant, but just took these pics
    IMAG2966.jpg IMAG2963_1.jpg IMAG2962.jpg
    Also are the browning of the leaves due to too much moister? being it's fall, temps here in DFW are cooling and i like to water the garden my "little special friend" is in at night, so am I better off letting her dry out more before next watering? 

18. #640 Stoned ko kamen, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2014
    Hey.
    First of all, Peace and Weed to everyone in here.
    It's my first time to grow but i'm high for about 15 years :)
    First question, how to uploade picture?
    :)

tnx ;)