A guide on when to harvest.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by dc199, Sep 15, 2010.

1. lol :p check this link again by another browser!

2. I always thought the rule of thumb for harvesting is when all trichs are cloudy, full and at least half are amber in color.

3. Hey guys,
    it's been 4 weeks since my last post, asking you, the experts here, if it's time to go for harvesting, since i'm a first-time grower.

Since then, the whole plant has started to turn almost all its leaves to yellow day by day, smells a hundred times more intense and the flower buds have started to ger fat and feel a bit sticky to the touch near the trunk.
    So, what do you guys say? Should i start chopping one of the following days?  :smoke:

View attachment 127245
    View attachment 127246
    View attachment 127244
    View attachment 127243
    View attachment 127242

4. Well, I'm a bit confused, this baby looks ripe to me and is on week 8 of 12/12, So I want to shop it down, but the trycomes are to cloudy, not to many amber trycomes, what do your guys think shoul I harvest now or not.
    \tAttached Thumbnails
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]

5. I am nearing the time to harvest my ladies from my first grow. I've been reading all I can on when to harvest, I have a hand microscope and the trichomes are turning milky Yah!!
    From what I've read I need to flush the nutrients out of the soil and let the plants use up what they have, which from what I've read this can take up to 2 weeks.
    How do you decide that it is time to do the flushing? Will my ladies continue to mature during this flushing period?
    Help!!!

6. you flush 10 days to 2 weeks before u want to cut your plant down & they will mature threw the flush

BigC

7. Hi I was wondering if my baby was ready to go or if I should hold off a little while longer I still need to flush her but she's a auto white widow x auto jack horror been flowering for about 3 weeks now 1383173790701.jpg

Sent from my ADR6400L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

8. I'm at 7 weeks today, I switched to 12/12 within a week of them showing sex, I know I have about 2 weeks to go, I'm not impatient. Pistils are just starting to color and shrivel. Trichs are mostly cloudy. They are ww x bb, does my timeframe seam reasonable? Thanks for any input guys! 1384230675313.jpg 1384230685499.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. 3 weeks, seriously dude? Have u read this thread at all? Come back in a month

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Can someone please answer my question? lol don't mean to sound rude

11. does anyone know how to check out the pics?

Im using chrome on a macbook. tried to open in safari and its the same problem.

12. Can one of you help me determine how long I've got left until harvest? Usually I use a loupe but I misplaced it since my last harvest... What do you guys think of this? It's at week 10 of flowering.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Here are the pics

Attached Files:

14. #615 leodicapario, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014
    your buds look way too imature for your leaves to look that shitty.... i think you need to water them and feed them asap

15. Water seems to be the need. I forgot to water my vegger and the leaves looked dead. Straight to the ground. 

16. Yeah I watered the day I took those photos. Any idea when it looks like it would be ready?

17. Week?  Pic after water would help too.

18. wish the pics from the main post showed up... 

19. Glad Im not the only one!

Ive given in to the all seeing eye, and strictly use chrome...decided to open up safari hoping it was a browser issue...and still no luck!

Im torn...pistil color vs. trich color?!?! when should i harvest!?