Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ingesting Rick Simpson's "Hemp Oil"

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by clinton, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Hey everyone! Had a question about what method would work best for me.

I'll start off by saying I live in a medical state, have a medical card, and have access to a wide variety of CO2 extraction RSO.

I have Crohn's disease, general anxiety disorder with panic, depression, and a bunch of other things that lead to pain and fatigue. I've found high THC and low CBD ratio RSOs to be more effective due to the fact I need the energy, the THC works wonders for pain, and THC-A functions quite similarly to CBD as an anti-inflammatory.

The issue I'm having is getting as much of the dose past my stomach acid and absorbed in the intestines as possible. I've been given a prescription antacid to reduce pH in my stomach an hour before ingesting the RSO, which seems to help, and I try to eat a whole mango every morning if I can for the Myrcene, which helps cannabinoids more easily pass the blood-brain barrier, and I also think reduces an enzyme in the liver responsible for filtering out cannabinoids, though I could be wrong on that one.

I've also tried putting it under my tongue, but it's difficult to keep it there, and usually slides on top of my teeth without me realizing. I don't mind the taste.

*****Dosage*****
    I'm currently taking an RSO with approximately 52mg THC, 22mg THC-A, 2mg THC-V, 2.54mg CBD, and <= 3mg other cannabinoids per dose. That's a 0.1mL dose from a 1mL syringe. Typical method is placing it in an empty gel capsule an hour after the antacid and mango.

*****Primary Question*****
    I'm wondering if anyone with Crohn's has found the most effective method of administration that also preserves the high, as I've found it to be instrumental in fighting my anxiety (otherwise I'd use it as a suppository). I would love if that 1mL syringe could last 20 days instead of 10 days.