Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How much from the dispensary can you buy?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by happyganja, Sep 9, 2010.

1. This is a stupid question, but I got my card yesterday and I joined a dispensary. I bought a g, and, well, I kinda smoked all of it already. Haha, since it's like a "prescription" are you limited to what you can buy at a time? I live in so cal by the way.

2. Depends on what state you're in, but here in CO it's 2 oz's can be in your posession. Ask the people at the disp and I can guarantee they'll know.

3. For Shame on your doctor for not explaining the law to you.

I dont know about Cali, but in Montana its an ounce. Im sure Cali has some sort of restriction, but I dont know.

I bet your dispensary knows....

4. i can purchase 2 ounces a day here in CO.

5. Every state and every club will have a different cap. Please though, only purchase as much as you need, if you buy more for other people that aren't patients, that's diversion and that's illegal.

6. I thought it was one ounce a day?

7. the dispensaries in sacramento keep telling me they were told that they cant sell more then a qp to each patient a day.

most dispensaries sell grams to ounces. if you buy more you get a little better deal but like wildwill said, dont get more then you need. the more you have the quicker you smoke it i find.

i buy 1/8ths and 1/4ths because usually its alot cheaper $/bud ratio then the gram prices

8. #8 DankSeeker, Sep 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2010
    8 oz. is the legal possession limit in California w/ a Dr. rec., but your Dr can rec more in specific circumstances.
    Word to the wise; becareful in this real gray area.

9. Thanks everyone. I was not planning on buying it for my buddies. I was just curious.

10. this guy...

11. lmao is that sufficient?

12. is that a two ounce cap on dried product, excluding oils and edibles?

-C