• Sep 09 2010 03:38 AM
  • 16 Replies
  • Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • Bk Buds
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:38 AM

I know that putting a coin in a grinder helps collect more keif but I have a 5 piece grinder. Do I put the coin on top of the top screen with the bigger holes or the bottom screen? I figure the bottom screen would knock it into the catching area but the top screen comes in contact with more bud so idk.
Replies (16)

Similar Topics: Coin in Grinder     x

• No Turn Un-Stoned

• Liqweed
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 3,019 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:42 AM

My grinder is a cheap one. Its got the spikes on it, with just one screen. Well, I put a coin in the collection part, and yes, there is more keif in there, microgram per microgram......but the penny also increases the surface area inside your grinder. A bunch of keif ended up sticking to my penny and then I didnt want to scrape it off and smoke it because of how dirty coins are, (seriously its gross).

I also damaged my screen, and I barely shook it, I took it out and my weed spilled into the keif part.

all in all, if you want your screens to last, dont do it.

I would recommend a keif box over a grinder if you want to get more keif out of bud.
  • Dazed and Confused 08 likes this

• PipPipPip
  • Bogrow
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:49 AM

Don't use a coin, you'll get more tiny plant paterial specks all in your kief. just shake tap the grinder a few times after your grind up bud.

• The Haer Crew

• Whohulkwalk
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 7,980 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:57 AM

I have a five piece grinder to and I have been thinking about this and I think you should put a dime on the top screen but make sure you clean the fine with alcohol

• natesnuggs
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 802 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:01 AM

i have a 5 piece spacecase and i just use the triangular scraper thing that came with it as an agitator(cant spell that word). my screen is as good as new and it collects kief at a pretty good rate.

Edited by natesnuggs, 09 September 2010 - 06:42 AM.

• The kingdom of heaven is within

• Majestic Raven
  • Bronze Member
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:51 AM

I have a 5 piece grinder and I put two pennies in my top chamber where the bud sits. The very bottom chamber has no plant material jus the very pure kief.

• my DANK makes babbies cry

• Electus Unus
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 834 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:05 PM

Don't use a coin, you'll get more tiny plant paterial specks all in your kief. just shake tap the grinder a few times after your grind up bud.

its a five piece... he'll get much more of that 2nd level kief

• Metal Bacardi
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 625 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:56 PM

put your grinder in the freezer for like 20-30 minutes then grind it up with or without the coin and you will get much more kief. FREEZER

Also i would put it on the top screen, since kief is pretty much all that will be falling from it anyway you dont really need the bottom screen to have a coin.

• urn man
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 864 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:05 PM

why does a coin collect more kief, I dont get it.

• Metal Bacardi
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 625 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:24 PM

why does a coin collect more kief, I dont get it.

Just presses the weed and "agitates" it more so that more kief is put through the screen.

• 419GottaMin?
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:36 PM

Personally i never use a coin in my grinder, especially after it left a big ole dent in the center. Yea you do get a lot more kief/plant material in your bottom chamber by using a coin, but at the expense of damaging your screen.

So if you still really want to put a coin in knowing you have a high probability of damaging your screen go ahead. But i would definitley not reccommend it. I have had 3 of my friends actually have their screen pop out and bascially destroy the grinder(or kief collecting ability atleast) due to them shaking a coin around. And yet they still put a coin in their new grinders :confused: beyond me lol.

• Zweeezy
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 500 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:51 AM

Can I hurt my screen by using a penny in mine?I have a small chromeium crusher

• The Haer Crew

• Whohulkwalk
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 7,980 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:08 AM

Lol I didn't even know I posted in this thread.

• PCmids
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 172 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:29 AM

Yeah I would either just get a grinder with a keif screen or just forget about it. Think about how much shit and dirt is on the coin. Do you want to smoke that shit?

• Zweeezy
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 500 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:32 AM

Is there any possible way It can physically damage it? I have clean copper wire the diameter the size of a dime that im just going to cut thin and use in the screen.

• Connoisseur

• PipPipPip
  • thcheesy
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:37 AM

I also heard to use a coin. Mine was a single screen SharpStone grinder. At first i used a nickel and everything was fine, even with the shaking. I decided bigger was better, so i used a quarter. Lasted for a long time, but then finally knocked my screen out, now i have no screen. No coin.. no coin!

• Banned

• HelpDesk
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:32 AM

No point in a coin... after you grind... aggressively tap the top of your grinder with something heavy.. get's all the keep to sift and settle.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 1999 - 2015 420Network BV | All rights reserved