Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Grow Tent Design.

• Please log in to reply

ihatehippies

ihatehippies

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Been playing around with the idea of starting my own grow for a while, and finally have the time and space needed.

Not to crafty with my hands and also not in a permanent situation so wanting to get a grow tent.

Looking for any and all feedback on how to improve my set up.

For the tent was thinking:
Amazon.com: 24 x 48 x 60 inches. 100% Reflective Mylar Hydroponics Grow Tent, Non Toxic Hydro Dark Room Cabinet Box Hut, GYO1009: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Assuming my first grow goes well I was thinking of getting two of these and using one to veg everything and the other to flower.

Don't want to spike my energy bill too much, and since the inside of the tent is mylar was going to go with a 400-600w interchangeable MH/HPS.
Amazon.com: 400 Watt Electronic Switchable Ballast Hydroponic Grow Lamp System with Metal Halide and High Pressure Sodium HPS Light Bulbs, Cord + Hanger, GYO2002: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Ventilation I'm somewhat at a loss, from what I've read I should be leaving the intakes open and use negative pressure to vent out into a carbon filter.

High Tech Garden Supply

Thanks for the feedback.