Peat moss....??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Butter, Aug 5, 2005.

1. So I have some peat moss but don't know too much about it.. I did a search and didn't find too much information about it... I thought I read somewhere that you should mix some other "ingredients" with it and it makes a good growing soil...

Could anyone explain the jist of peat moss and can it be used by itself for soil, or maybe if its mixed with the dirt from outside... I dunno, ima go look on the internet for some information but if anyone could help out it would be appreciated....

thnx in advance

edit: one more question.. will it be ok for some seeds germinated.. til i can find some better soil for it... i need to check on my seeds now, i forgot about them lol...

2. Hey Butter..

My green thumb Momma always did about 50/50 mix with good topsoil...it doesnt have to be prefect.....just eyeball it..

She grew prize winning shit all her life..

Oh an Peat is a very high niutrient concentrated soil that is usually found in lowlands or boggs.. its a product of sediment and heat below ground. Some people grow in 100 % pete tho it can be acidic for alot of plants....hence the soil mix....if you wanna get precise mix up alittle and test the PH with a little soil tester you can get off Ebay or prolly at wallyworld..in the garden dept...when you get the right level put your plants in it....LOL....Mom always eyeballed an planted...she never had a problem..

I gotta start lookin at post dates ....LOL.....