Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

bubble cloner problems?

• Please log in to reply

horsefacekilla

horsefacekilla

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
hey i made a bubble cloner with of a 5gal bucket and a 6inch airstone and i think i might be seeing the start of some trouble. its only been 5 days but im not seeing any type of root growth and a couple of cuttings have a light brown ring around the cut end. the cuttings themselves look fine and arnt wilting. any help would be great, thanks.

Similar Topics: bubble cloner problems?     x

Tihspeed

Tihspeed

master bator

• Gold Member
  • 9,242 posts

horsefacekilla

horsefacekilla

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
ive seen those cloning machines before that mist the roots with a pond pump but i already had a air pump and stone so i went this way. i just read a gide on the do-it-yourself fourm and i dont thinki have enough bubbles.. as for the water im just using tap water that sat overnight, ph'd to 5.8 and no nutes. no pics i dont own a digital camera...

fred_light

fred_light

• Registered Upgraded
  • 163 posts
No reason to panic just yet my friend. It takes time for the root to show. Some take 4 days some over 2 weeks. And yes, in the meanwhile the plant will begin to look a little funky. Brown rings on the stem, leaves that die some etc. Just check your water to see if you see any slime or algea. If you don't keep going.
I am using a bubbler myself, and I am 7-8 days into cloning. No roots.

http://forum.grassci...econd-grow.html

horsefacekilla

horsefacekilla

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Day 7 today and one plant has roots....the worst looking one of the lot, well she must be the hardest working because shes got 3 different roots sticking out of her:). a couple look like they sealed off compleatlybut hopefully ill get a few!

stricklyHYDRO

stricklyHYDRO

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
good luck man ! , im having the same problem

HardDrive

HardDrive

Another 3 knucked chimp

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,666 posts
I got 100% sucess on bubble cloners with tap water.
The key to secess is make the water boil with air bubbles and cover the top of the cloner with something to keep in the moisture.

I use 2 plastic tubs that are the size of a loaf of bread. I get 10 clones from it, one is covered with silver tape the other is clear plastic.
I put a 13w CFL over them and in about 10 days I got roots.

dpmymrs

dpmymrs

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

I got 100% sucess on bubble cloners with tap water.
The key to secess is make the water boil with air bubbles and cover the top of the cloner with something to keep in the moisture.

I use 2 plastic tubs that are the size of a loaf of bread. I get 10 clones from it, one is covered with silver tape the other is clear plastic.
I put a 13w CFL over them and in about 10 days I got roots.

yea same...ive done one lot of clones in a bubble cloner...its got 8 clone sites in a simple 10L tupperware container completely covered in silver weather-proof tape

i had these clones in 1" RW cubes in a huidity dome and they werent gettin anywhere in 2 weeks. so i thought, if im gonna change my whole system to DWC, why not try the bubble cloner.

only had 1 4" air stone and a water heater heating the water to 25-30 degrees Celcius and within 5 days they were showing signs of roots

just hang in there

friedguy

friedguy

Is this your bush?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 448 posts
I've got 100% success from bubble cloners.

A couple things I due for success:
* Keep temps over 80*F
* Add about 5ml of regular hydrogen peroxide per 2 gallons of water
* Use sharp and sterile tools
* 24 hours of low lighting
* Use a humidity dome if necessary

horsefacekilla

horsefacekilla

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
how long do u let the roots get before transplanting cuttings into their own bucket?

HardDrive

HardDrive

Another 3 knucked chimp

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,666 posts
I let em' get about 6 inches or so, then set in the net pot, let a couple hang out, cover em' up with hydroton, keep the net pots in about 2 inches of bubbling water until the roots come out the bottom a couple of inches, they are ready then.
  • Yoda likes this

Yoda

Yoda

Hydro NUT

• Super Moderator
  • 29,099 posts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users