First poems I've ever written, with a back story

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by MA Toker, Aug 31, 2010.

1. THE STORY is pretty long and may not interest you - the poems are the more interesting part - but the two go together. You can only look at the poems if you want, I don't really care. But know that there is a story to them :)
    If you want to just read the poetry without having to read the story just skip to the poems :p

This story is about the best high I have ever obtained from a single hit, which ended with me writing some poetry for the first time in my life.

About 2 months ago I was sitting on the edge of my bed packing a bowl, with my nightstand right next to me with the drawer open and full of junk. I managed to drop the bowl right after I finished packing it in there, and it all spilled out. Fuck that, time to pack another bowl and forget about it.

Fast forward to a few days ago :)
    Long long long long LONG story (I'll only talk about the relevant part :p) but I had to clean out my entire room, clean everything, get all the furniture out vacuum etc. make it spotless.
    So I have this huge drawer of just useless junk piled up over the years in my nightstand, and I dumped it out on my bed and sorted through it, throwing away like 90% of it and the rest I had to clean. So I look back into the drawer to make sure it's all out and I see this gross ball of hair/dust/random fibers/broken up weed pieces sitting there.
    I hadn't had time to smoke weed in a few days, and had been dry anyway, and had been having one of the worst weeks I've had in a few years. Fuck it, let's smoke a bowl.

I sorted through all these tiny little hairs (they looked like fibers of some kind idk) and particles and dust etc. and finally I'm left with about .1 of some sweet mary jane. Load it up into the bowl, burn it, hold it in, exhale... and about 2 seconds later it hit me. It was the PERFECT high. It was a kick-ass hybrid, with some really good qualities. My body felt like it was floating on cloud 9 while retaining full functionality (i.e. no couchlock, fully active) and I also had a very strong but clear-headed cerebral high. The type where you walk out into to the woods and look around you, and just stand there in awe of the beauty of it all. Colors popped out at me almost like I was tripping, everything seemed happy and vibrant, and full of life. I was very active and walked around the woods for a while. I just couldn't stand how beautiful it was. Then I returned home to pet my dog for a solid 45 minutes (I thought it was like 5, but then I looked at the clock) and my dog just felt so amazing and she was being really friendly and it was just surreal. I then retired to the hammock in my backyard to forget about all of my worries and softly play some zeppelin and hendrix and the likes as I just stared at the clouds, watching them shift shapes and just being amazed by how beautiful it was. The music felt like it was part of me, a wonderful sensation. And there I sat. And it was perfect.

It's now been about 2.5 hours and I no longer feel stoned but I still have a very strong sativa buzz going. The weirdest thing happened - I started writing. I have always HATED writing for school. It's a chore, you have no freedom over what you write about. My least favorite things to write? Poems. I hated it (in school). But I started typing and it was just flowing from my mind to my fingers, without me stopping to think about it. It started off with me just rambling. I didn't use any punctuation or form or anything, I just wrote. It was pretty much babbling.
    After about 30 lines of this babbling, it started transforming into something that I would dare call poetry. It was still half me rambling but it was starting to flow better and go from random abstract thoughts to some cool ideas. They started to get better. I wrote for about 2 hours until I all of a sudden realized that I wasn't even high anymore, just in a really really really good mood. I read through what I had written, which was one solid chunk of text with a line skipped every now and then. First, I got rid of my high ramblings. Those, albeit quite hilarious, were fucking stupid. :cool: Next, I split it up into 5 sections, each which seemed to contain it's own idea. I didn't do this on purpose while writing, but it happened. In between each of the 5 sections I deleted a few lines that didn't really fit into either, slapped a title on each one, and called it poetry :smoke: Anything here hasn't itself been edited since I originally wrote it (I kinda wanted to but I somehow felt like it would almost change the integrity of them. These poems are essentially my purest most unadulterated thoughts on life that I could not put into words without the help of marijuana, and to edit them non-high I just feel would change them for me). But they are cut out from larger sections, as I said before.

Anyway, here is the poetry directly copy and pasted from my word document that night :smoke:
    I feel like they get better as I go on. The last is my favorite, the first is my least favorite, and they go in that order in between them. The first two are still pretty much ramblings, I almost hesitate to call any of them poetry, but idk what other category they would fit into.

I have no idea if you guys will love them or hate them. I have no idea how to judge poetry. This is my first time ever writing it, so take it easy on me ;)
    They could be absolutely terrible and I may not know it, but I still want to share these with you guys.

Title: Untitled Ramblings
    in this moment, you are a golden egg
    the next, you hatch
    over and over and over again for every moment of our entire lives
    you decide what comes out. you make the moment.
    even if you screw up, just wait a moment;
    peck through that shell and hatch again, a new person.
    or will it be something new entirely?
    debts and regrets are artificial, dont worry about them,
    just live that moment.
    ----------
    Title: Me
    the ball of clay,
    the pair of hands,
    the kiln.
    they are all the same
    for i am all of them.
    you cant decide when your life starts and when your life ends
    but you can decide when you will start and stop living
    it is up to me to make sure
    that the two are equal, for me.
    ----------
    Title: Poly
    im just a fish in the sea;
    a sea filled with trees, and glow in the dark feathers.
    commodities and atrocities and psychefunkadelicaness,
    rollercoasters. underwater. mouth watering sativas.
    i didn't sign up for this,
    but then again i didnt sign up for anything.
    it all sorta just happened.
    i shall make this happening a blessing
    ----------
    Title: The Anti-Grinch
    marijuana is lifes febreeze, but better.
    no matter how bad we stink up the place,
    just a few puffs and it's all good.
    just a few puffs,
    and it's all good.
    ----------
    Title: Sativa
    intense cerebral fibrillation
    amicable vibrations in synchronization
    tumultuos entropy beyond harmony
    cycling, swishing, thrusting
    continuum of everything pure
    magnificent as a tap-dancing millepede
    unmoored, unhinged, free
    sizzle crack sizzizzalizzle
    trinoculars. quadnoculars.
    where does it all stop? SHARK ATTAAAAAACK.

2. yeah, i have no idea how to judge no poems or nothin but the-anti-Grinch, and sativa are pretty good.
    i tried writin some one night cause i was depressed.i don't do this sort of thing at all. but this is the best one i did i think....

A chapter of my life come and gone,
    the moon moves in front of the sun,
    with out light their is no happiness,
    in the darkness,their is the sadness.
    Tears fall down from the sky cause their is no light,
    my world filled with darkness and sadness for the rest of my life.

When will the moon move from the sun,
    my world crumbling with out my sun,
    darkness shadows over me now.

How will my world go back to normal,
    after all that has happened,
    i must take control and not lose myself.

time heals all wounds,
    but my time is frozen,
    for i cannot move on, im frozen stiff,
    as the darkness creeps on.

3. #3 gentlemanshigh, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2010
    it must be magic lint hairs and dust in your drawer haha

haha the sativa one made me lol, in a good way.
    I really like "quadnoculars", keep it up!

I sorta dont feel like it,
    but man ill just try
    i've got homework to do
    and my containers dry

what am i doing
    procrastinate
    it'll change your fate
    i dont do it now
    but 2 am im like 'how??'
    why oh why did i not do this earlier
    caught up in gc, conscience i heard of ya

i generally dont write poetry