Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Obama delivers aid to Pakistan villagers

• Please log in to reply

aaronman

aaronman

n'wah

• Registered Upgraded
  • 14,794 posts
Did I say aid? I meant to say 4 AGM-114 Hellfire missiles.

At least six people have been killed and several others wounded in a US drone attack in the Kurram Agency in northwest Pakistan, Afghan local officials say.

A US drone fired four missiles on two vehicles in the Shaidano Dand area in Lower Kurram tehsil of the Kurram Agency on Friday night.

The death toll is expected to rise further as more people are trapped under the rubble of a building. "A rescue operation is underway," a local official told Press TV.

According to local residents, the drones were still carrying out aerial flights over the area, creating panic among local people.

The identities of those killed in the attack were not immediately known. There is darkness in the area and it is very difficult to get information, a local official based in Parachinar, the main town of Kurram Agency, said.

Since August 2008, about one thousand people have died in about 100 raids by US drones.

US drones frequently targeted South and North Waziristan of the Pakistani tribal areas. Pakistan officials, however, believe that militants have shifted from Waziristan and the Orakzai Agency to the Kurram Agency after starting military operations last year.

Which is more offensive to you:

Muslims building a mosque next to ground zero?
or
The US waging an illegal war on a civilian population?

ienjoysmokin

ienjoysmokin

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 657 posts
shit...:(

Chill with the mosque tho, i got no problem wit it

deep blu

deep blu

lost thoughts

• Registered Upgraded
  • 341 posts
we're so used to the drug war, martial law, the perpetual warring, genocides and mass extermination of the 20th - 21st century, we've been desensitized to the point of only showing empathy when natural disasters occur. hurry to your local alters and fund their lavish lifestyle. the priests, the politicians, the business elite are our true saviors.

Shade

Shade

Ghost of Christmas Past

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,399 posts
In before warmongering right-wing apologists.

AGM-114 Hellfire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Posted Image

Hellfire's cost ~$68,000 each--multiplied by four = $272,000. Assuming this is an average per drone raid, that's $27,200,000 (per year for Hellfire missiles alone) of taxpayer money contributing to death. How many of these deaths are confirmed terrorist threats, and how many are innocent civilians, I wonder?

It sure would be nice if none of my tax dollars were directly contributing to the death of innocent civilian lives.

Not to worry though! This type of behavior will surely be invaluable in discouraging any further hatred toward the U.S. and its citizens!

Kylesa

Kylesa

Don't Tax Me, Bro. ʘ‿ʘ

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,758 posts
I don't know if you guys followed the Manning/Wikileaks drama a couple months back, and the subsequent Lamo drama. Basically, Manning (the dude who possibly leaked the War Diaries, unconfirmed, but likely) was talking to a famous hacker/ex-hacker Adrian Lamo, and was depressed and needed to talk to someone about what he saw, looking over intelligence reports. He talked about how in the 'aid packages' we send to countries, most of them contain weapons and munitions, planes, tanks, etc. I realize the thread title was a joke, but the irony, is that it's possibly true and has far-reaching consequences.

smokinp

smokinp

السلام والمحبة

• Bronze Member
  • 7,377 posts

Guest_Joe Luxon_*

Guest_Joe Luxon_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Hellfire's cost ~$68,000 each--multiplied by four = $272,000. Assuming this is an average per drone raid, that's $27,200,000 (per year for Hellfire missiles alone) of taxpayer money contributing to death.

The nagasaki and hiroshima bombs cost ~ $5 billion each. assuming this is an average per air raid thats $500,000,000,000 (per year for WWII nukes alone) of taxpayers money contributing to death.

I can extrapolate awesome figures too if i ignore facts and use your "method" :rolleyes:

The cost of the (current) war is pretty easy to google, you dont have to invent your own figures ;)

The fact iof the matter is drone raids do happen, but a pilot chooses to fire hellfire missles, and only at targets which are cleared.
We don't have security clearence to be told what every target is that the US are bombing, but they have thier own inhouse checks, and pilots cant simply fly around shooting shit allday just for funzies - the react on intel. (yes a pilot chose to fire the missles, not an "automated drone")

deep blu

deep blu

lost thoughts

• Registered Upgraded
  • 341 posts

Yip..

US administrations have being arming extremists for decades..

Just ask Osama and his posse the Taliban where they got their munitions from...;)

Good ole USA handing out weapons like candy...:D

who is this America you're talking about? the few corrupt politicians and ceo's which back them financially, buying their seat and putting their business agendas through legislature? because if that accounts for all Americans, the stereotypes must be true.

smokinp

smokinp

السلام والمحبة

• Bronze Member
  • 7,377 posts

Arteezy

Arteezy

iVape ◕◡◕

• Registered Upgraded
  • 7,377 posts

Not to worry though! This type of behavior will surely be invaluable in discouraging any further hatred toward the U.S. and its citizens!

War is peace. Oh, and we need not worry about blowback: that's just some crazy-tinfoil-hat-wearing-nutjob-idea.
  • Shade likes this

k.smith904

k.smith904

Boogie Man

• Registered Upgraded
  • 5,805 posts
...and the war machine keeps turnin.

willisvillis

willisvillis

Smokin' chokin' muffucka

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,981 posts

Hellfire's cost ~$68,000 each--multiplied by four = $272,000. Assuming this is an average per drone raid, that's $27,200,000 (per year for Hellfire missiles alone) of taxpayer money contributing to death. How many of these deaths are confirmed terrorist threats, and how many are innocent civilians, I wonder?

But don't you feel great about contributing to the peace effort? Pay taxes, preserve peace. :rolleyes:
  • Shade likes this

aaronman

aaronman

n'wah

• Registered Upgraded
  • 14,794 posts

The nagasaki and hiroshima bombs cost ~ $5 billion each. assuming this is an average per air raid thats $500,000,000,000 (per year for WWII nukes alone) of taxpayers money contributing to death.

I can extrapolate awesome figures too if i ignore facts and use your "method" :rolleyes:

... but that's not how much the bomb's cost. And they only dropped 2, ever..

$500,000,000,000... Wait, what?

Facts are, we do well over 50 attacks in Pakistan per year, and over 200 attacks in Afghanistan per year.

If that's the case, then his estimate was pretty low. :confused_2:

We don't have security clearence to be told what every target is that the US are bombing, but they have thier own inhouse checks, and pilots cant simply fly around shooting shit allday just for funzies - the react on intel. (yes a pilot chose to fire the missles, not an "automated drone")

Some sources say we killed over 700 civilians in 2009. That's only in Pakistan.

The collateral damage on these things is the real national security risk, not Al Qaeda.

Shade

Shade

Ghost of Christmas Past

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,399 posts

If that's the case, then his estimate was pretty low. :confused_2:

True. I was merely using the figures provided by that article and the price per unit which the wiki page provides.

4 Hellfire missiles per raid x 100 raids (in Pakistan alone?) at a value of $68,000 per missile.

In any case Joe's post made no sense to me either, lol.

Edited by Shade, 31 August 2010 - 01:55 AM.

garrison68

garrison68

Freak Out!

• Bronze Member
  • 12,631 posts

Home Movies

Home Movies

Squigglevision

• Registered Upgraded
  • 170 posts

Osama bin ladan was asked if he received help from the United States, and he denied it.
This is part of an interview with Bin Laden in the 1990's

Shade already debunked this...

Of course he denied being helped by, or in league with, the U.S. in 1994. Saudi Arabia rejected Bin Laden in favor of U.S. support against Iraq in the Gulf War in 1990. At this point he considered the U.S. infidels for setting foot on what Islam considers "holy land" and had already started planning to retaliate. This doesn't negate the fact that we did covertly help him, his combatants, and his cause in the Afghanistan conflict.

zpyro

zpyro

Max. Support of Min. Govt

• Registered Upgraded
  • 5,282 posts

Which is more offensive to you:

Muslims building a mosque next to ground zero?
or
The US waging an illegal war on a civilian population?

Both are offensive. Both are stupid. Both should stop. :wave:

garrison68

garrison68

Freak Out!

• Bronze Member
  • 12,631 posts

Edited by garrison68, 31 August 2010 - 02:20 AM.

Home Movies

Home Movies

Squigglevision

• Registered Upgraded
  • 170 posts

This is not "debunking", there is no evidence presented that his claim is true.

That is definitely evidence, care to prove it wrong...

Just because someone says that they weren't helped by something doesn't make it true, or is bin laden incapable of lying?

iDontSmokeBlunt

iDontSmokeBlunt

There's always a silver lining.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,830 posts

That is definitely evidence, care to prove it wrong...

Just because someone says that they weren't helped by something doesn't make it true, or is bin laden incapable of lying?

Is Shade incapable of lying?

e: Not saying that Shade is lying, but Garrison is correct in saying that Shade did not present evidence (sources) to back up the claims. By your logic, Shade could also be lying.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users