The RUSH Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by passage2bangkok, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Wow, it's been a while since this thread has been active.

Anyway, I figured I'd revive this to let you folks know that the new album Clockwork Angels has been leaked, and is available for free download. Apparently there was some sort of early release in Europe, and the torrents started showing up a few days after that.

That being said, the album is pretty awesome. I already had the album pre-ordered, so I don't feel bad about downloading it. Check it out!!

2. You got lynx? Or I can just wait six more days until it's released.... :D

3. I love me some rush :D , I live quite close to 'lakeside park' .

4. I believe that would be against GC rules.

However, it took me all of three minutes to find it once I heard it had been leaked. Google it, it's pretty easy to find.

5. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZS82iWQ-X8]Bytor and the Necromancer 1977 Live - YouTube[/ame]

6. love rush's self titled album every song is so god damn good butt his one's my favorite
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAbD1Sd-zs4]Rush-Here Again (Lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

7. The Holy Triumverate

8. What's everyone's favorite album?

9. #89 NeverOddOrEven., Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2012
    Working man
    Fly by night
    2112 Temples of syrinx
    closer to the heart
    the trees
    the spirit of the radio
    freewill
    tom sawyer
    my favorite rush tunes :smoking:
    oh and limelight

10. Nothing after Moving Pictures? Keeping it old school, I see.

Have you heard Clockwork Angels yet?

11. I can't say I have, I just know these songs cause my dad introduced me to them long ago. :smoking:

12. Saw them again in Chicago on 9/15. They were amazing as always.

13. Awesome how were the new songs? Still haven't given that album a good listen yet, I was pissed when they didn't have a Vancouver date this tour.

14. I saw them last Thursday (November 1) in Atlanta. The show was, of course, fantastic. Mastertokes2.0, the new songs were especially cool live. They opened the second set with nine of the twelve songs from Clockwork Angels, and they had live string accompaniment for that entire section of the show! It was really awesome. You can find some videos of songs from this tour on YouTube, which I would highly recommend ... as well as getting tickets to see them in person! :D :metal: :smoke:

15. Wow thats badass, and yeah I saw them on their last tour and it was epic as fuck hearing the entire Moving Pictures album live.

16. Yes, the string accompaniment was quite awesome. I was also super pumped about how much the played from Power Windows.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rush is one of the greatest bands of all time. What makes them so appealing/interesting to listen to for me is that you can listen to any one instrument alone at a time, and it's mind-blowing. Then, after listening to all of their amazing parts, you listen to their sound as a whole, and the way all the parts intertwine with eachother. Kick ass band.

I was just watching Trailer Park Boys (Canada) the other day, and there was an episode that had Alex Lifeson in it, and it was fucking hilarious.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thank you dad! Just found his stack of vinyls and found Moving Pictures, Signals, and my favourite Rush album ever, Hemispheres!

19. Holy fucking shite... ^