Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

weed brownies and the high

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by coltonwinieckie, Jul 28, 2005.

1. My point exactly. "Oh god, I was lying on the couch and i didnt have the energy to get up!", that my friend, is called being high. These guys irritate me even more than chicks that take three shots and pretend they're wasted. At least those chicks are still hot :D

2. To be honest I can't even tell if it's a serious post or just a troll. If it's serious then that person is ridiculous.

"it took 6 hours for me to be able to get up, walk around..." Dumbest thing I've ever heard. I've spent my fair share of time in the hospital. I spent 14 days there when I had pancreatitis for the 2nd time... meaning for 14 days I didn't drink a single drop of liquid or eat a single bit of food (intravenously injected liquid + nutrients). I hadn't stood up in days and I'd lost a good chunk of my body weight (and I wasn't fat before). I was being fed painkillers through an IV and to put the pain in context, the woman in the floor above me suffering from the same thing said it was far worst than either of the two times she gave child birth.

Took me about 5 minutes to muster the energy to get out of bed.. oh and did I forget to mention I was 11 at the time.

3. Yeah dude, this guy is either a troll or the dumbest motherfucker alive. It's guys like this that give the DEA the statistics they want to back up prohibition. Word of advice to all newbies out there, CHILL OUT and let the high flow through you. Although in fairness, i spent half of my first time freaking out at every siren i heard (I live in the city so there were quite a few).

4. No, I've been high before, and this was way worse. I mean, at first it seemed like I was like tripping on acid (which i guess is fun for some people), but the tests said it wasn't laced, maybe they were wrong, i don't know. And none of my friends had the same reaction, but even the dealer was high as shit from them. Maybe I'm allergic or something, I really don't know.

Whatever, I mean, I'm not saying never try a brownie, I did it. I don't give a rat's ass, all I'm trying to say is that you actually CAN overdose on weed if it's an acute overdose (which isn't a serious overdose- and I KNOW this). Everyone assumes that overdosing means DYING and it doesn't.

As far as IVs go, there were 7 needles stuck into me, I guess I have no idea if they were all IVs, I don't remember.

I knew everyone would be all over this, but what I went through really sucked. I'm not saying this to be a big ole whiner and complainer and blah blah blah, all I'm saying is that it sucked.

And....did I ever even compare it to anything? ...Child birth? anything? .....I realize that people have gone through MUCH worse things, and that this was pretty freaking minor, I'm not a retard, but this is a forum about brownies... not pancreatitis, so that's why I said all this. I really don't care if you believe me or not, but you don't have to be a dick.

5. It's funny because you probably did smoke laced weed or you had a panic attack and went to the hospital.

6. Uhh, yeah dude, this is a forum about fucking brownies, not your panic attack stories. Although to the guy right above me, he is sorta right. An OD is defined (medically, although I'm paraphrasing) as any side effects serious enough for hospitalization. That means if you check yourself in, you automatically have an "Overdose". This is essentially one big catch 22; by checking in to see if you have an overdose, you have had an overdose. Just because the hospital wrote you down for that doesn't mean you had ANY serious side effects. Maybe you're allergic (I've heard of tht before), and I'm sorry for trash talkin if you are, but you just sounded like some DEA propaganda machine, especially since you only have these two posts on ur account.

7. Pot Brownies
    How well do you think this would work? Will it really make 32 doses????

8. Im not saying you are but you sure as hell sound like a mom that just caught her son smoking and sent him to the hospital. Then later wanted to troll sites about it.. but whatever you went to the hospital shit happens doubt it really was from THC

9. well, if you take too much weed it will make you go to sleep. So you fell asleep and your friends freaked out and called 911. Shit happens. There is no way you had 7 IV's put into you. It may have taken them 6 or 7 times to finally get good IV access, and even then, all they probably did was dump normal saline into you, to try and dilute the THC. That's all they can really do I would suspect. The only drug I know of that completely reverses an overdose in a matter of minutes is Narcan which only works for opiate overdose.

10. Considering that you would die from your stomach literally exploding from being stuffed to capacity long before you ever reached this feat it can be concluded that nobody will ever be able to OD on weed end of story.

11. haha, 7 ivs. there aint even 7 places to stick iv's into you, homes

12. I had my first brownie today, it kicked in in about an hour in a half and I felt a pretty good body higj

13. Isn't a "OD" on a drug where you die? Come on dudes we all know people have low tolerences, and black/pass out when they smoke or in this case eat to much. With buds however I think we should consider the passing out to be an OD. Its not possible to die so why even consider it a OD.

I hate smoking with people way past there limits for my self and them NOT FUN!

14. Lol @ what this thread has become

15. I'm pretty sure it's because one of the main ingredients in brownies is butter or oil, depending on your preferences, and that's what you're straining the THC into. I'm sure if you wanted to, you could make weed cupcakes or cakes but you probably wouldn't get as high das all. :)

16. #56 BadKittySmiles, Aug 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2011
    edit - super old thread, circa 2005!

Brownies, and cookies, are actually items which are up around the high-end of the safe/applied-heat spectrum, for edible canna!

The quality of the oil is the most crucial part, next, is how you use it. You should be making oil, first... tossing herb into a brownie batter, is not the way to go about making an edible, so the oil content of the recipe itself doesn't necessarily matter as much, as how well you've made your oil, and whether or not you made it at the correct concentration to allow the correct number of doses, for the number of servings, the recipe makes.

You have many options once you've made your oil, and the less heat you use to make your edible, the better.... ;)

Cold truffles, quick peanut butter fudge, capsules... these and similar items are best, because you can make your oil precisely to the effect/potency you want, and nothing will change between preparing, and serving the dose. In cold recipes you can even more-effectively add naturally occurring terpenes and elements, from other fruits and foods, to enhance the effect.

For instance there are around 120+ naturally occurring terpenes in cannabis, many if not all can be found in other plants; mangoes, lemongrass extract and hops contain myrcene which is both analgesic and a sedative, and can effect cellular permeability, allowing cannabinoids to pass more easily and effectively, and oranges and other citrus contain limonene which has similar properties, and so on..

'Raw' cacao (cocoa) powder, also has many benefits..

To learn how to make this (or your trimmings...)

[​IMG]

Into, this...

[​IMG]

See the link below:

(First Page, contains detailed information on decarboxylation, or cannabinoid conversion..
    decarboxylation is the process of activating your cannabinoids 'potency' by removing the
    carboxyl group in the form of carbon dioxide and water vapor, converting your cannabinoids
    from their acid, to their more potent delta forms):

Photo Tutorial: Highly Activated Med Grade Bioavailable Canna & Hash Oil, Edibles, Drinkables and more...

The best oils, produce little to no odor during processing, if sealed properly and heated and cooled correctly. You can easily put it in any boxed brownie mix... be sure to read the final paragraph for detailed dosage information.

In the above link, you will also find tutorials for:

Capsules...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Canna 'Bombs'...

[​IMG]

Glowing candy...

-"Meddy" Moose Pops-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Philosopher's STONES-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Main courses...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Soup...

[​IMG]

Many desserts, even Jello...

[​IMG]

Drinks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

UV/Glowing Drinks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Ice Cream...

[​IMG]

And among the many others, there are of course the old favorites, brownies and cookies...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And more...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All of the above recipes and tutorials, are in the link. Have fun, and good luck!

17. Yesterday at 12:30 p.m. I ate 6 small quarter sized brownies. It was equivalent to 1 1/2 tablespoons of cannabutter. Not only was I trippin off my ass, twitchin, paranoid, and singing to myself, at one point my whole body was in pain as if I had just ran a marathon. I thought I was gonna die, but I managed to get to bed and pass-out. 24 hours later, I am barely coming off of it; almost feels like a bad hangover from drinking too much from the night before. I'm very weak and disoriented---sucks that I have to work tomorrow. My advice for the novice cannabrowny eater: take a small piece and wait for an hour or so, thus you can determine your tolerancy level. Seriously, I was thinking so hard I actually though I was traveling back into time to speak with my young self....no kidding. So yes, an overdose of canna-edibles is possible, and not fun at all. It is painful, especially when you're barfing with your face in the toilet.

18. I had a brownie for breakfast cooked with 2 ounces of heads per pound of butter and its been 2 hours and I'm high as shit so def make brownies and enjoy it cause its sweet.:D

19. I made brownies in the winter with abv and kief. I had about 6.5 grams of abv and 2.5 grams of kief, and boy was I escalated into a high that day I ate a brownie and a half