Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Wildwills Glycerin Tincture How-To

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by WildWill, Aug 22, 2010.

1. More of the THC is absorbed and is more efficacy being used because its not starting at the lungs. As for the drug test, most are only a drug screen and there is a difference and I bet less thc comes out your pee when you absorb it under the tung. As of right now I must smoke a estimated .73 a gram a sitting and that only last a little bit. If I can take only 1-3 drops under tong and have it go way farther that would be sweet and I would save money!

2. *sigh*

You don't understand how it works. What they test for are the metabolites left over from the THC as it's processed by the liver. If anything you'll be MORE likely to test positive using tinctures exactly because more of the cannabinoids are entering your bloodstream.

How you ingest it has absolutely nothing to do with whether you'll pass a test aside from the more you take in the more you'll pop positive. That is scientific fact, not my opinion.

3. That makes sense, +rep oldskoolgrower
    Thank You :smoke:

4. So how many of you all have tried this method and what is the verdict on it? Has anyone compared this to the sun version?

5. I've made my tincture this way for many years. It works quite well.

The Sun method is inferior as both the visible and UV light from the Sun can and will degrade cannabinoids.

6. How long and what temp do you use oldskoolgrower?

7. Around 200-220 for 8-12 hours typically. I'm not too anal about it.

8. Do you use Mids and what kind of Glycerin to meds ratio do you use to get a powerful tincture. I don't want it 2 week.

9. Mids??? :laughing: I only use what I grow. Definitely not mids ;)

I don't weigh it either, I just mix it so that it's a semi-thick slurry of bud and food grade glycerine. You want it to still be pourable of course but I cram as much as I can in there without making it into mud.

10. #50 carnival, Sep 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2010
    Is the temp in fer hight or Celsius? Im trying to home in the temp on several appliances. On the Wok burner even on high seems to be getting to 200 degrees F ish when covered and the water evaporates. Will the Glycerin also steam off?

11. Fahrenheit. Glycerin has a higher boiling point.

12. I just have one quick question, WildWill. If I wrap up the cannabis in the cheese cloth and tie it off like a big tea bag, then put it in the crockpot like that with the glycerin, will cooking with the cheese cloth hurt anything? I wouldn't think so, but I don't want to waste my weed. I can get an OZ of shwag for about 30 bucks. If I use the whole OZ, since it IS shwag, that should make a fairly potent batch, right? Okay, so that was two questions. Sorry, man! :D

Fantastic post, though. I was going to make some alcohol tincs until I read your post. This really should be a sticky.

13. #53 Hoova, Sep 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2010
    after reading this thread two days ago i decided i wanted to do it. yesterday i set off on a mission to get all the mats. got the glycerin at whole foods, four 4oz bottles at 6 bucks each, all they had :(, and got the cheese cloth there. then got the mini bottles at the container store and the crockpot at target for 7 lol i was so happy when i saw it was actually there. after getting my shake i started the batch last night around 11:30 and here i am now to finish the task and ish. will edit when done and tasting it. thanks again wildwill :smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking:

edit: alright so i opened the lid and noticed the weed was mostly at the top, idk if that matters just documenting everything. i stirred it around a bit and noticed there was a good ammount of liquid still, seemed odd as i was expecting much less. please note i put in 16 fl oz of the glycerin and approximately 18-20 ish grams of shake so maybe i used to much weed? but once i started straining i noticed my yield was much higher than i had guessed, i got around 10 fl oz of the tincture so did i not let it sit long enough or what? i set it on low and left it out for ~9 hours. i just tried some of it, it was hard to get out of my little containers i got for it. any help is appreciated, thanks.

14. Could you use this with an electronic Cigarette?? I have been really wanting to try this!!:wave:

15. Use hash oil if you want to use an e-cig. Tinctures like this aren't meant to be vaporized.

16. there was a wildwill mod on some yugioh forums i used to go on.

17. Hoova - you do need to stir it up occasionally during the process, I guess I forgot that part. Your yield sounds about right, the length of time you let it sit should be good. Sorry the glycerin was so expensive, I bought a 16 oz bottle at Whole Foods for $10 last month, but I've gotten it WAY cheaper at non-chain health food

What's the consistency? It should be liquidy but not TOO thick. You may need to put it all back in the crock pot for a couple more hours. I use bottles with droppers, are you doing the same?

18. I am the same person.

19. haha, thats awesome, what a small world.

20. that definitely would have been helpful info lol but no worries. alright cool, i just wasnt certain because most people posted saying they had 4oz or less. yeah its lame lol ill have to get it somewhere else for my next batch.

it seems to be like heated up syrup, thats the best description i can give. but yeah i had bought two 1/2oz eye drop bottles, one 1oz spray bottle, and one 1oz dropper bottle. i messed up tho with my yield calc, im pretty sure i had more like 11-13oz i just had to get rid of some. thanks for the help!