Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Wildwills Glycerin Tincture How-To

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by WildWill, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Coconut oil makes great capsules, because it hardens at room temperature, and is easy to get in the caps. Just process your vapeweed and coconut oil in the crockpot, strain it to get the larger bits out, let it sit till its soft and scoopable and put it in pills.

2. cool, I might try that tommorow with an 8th or so and see how it goes.

3. I haven't tried making my own capsules, as the method of delivery is faster under the tongue with the liquid itself, I have no need for capsules. I've USED pre-made capsules before (Emerald Relief, not sure they make them anymore to be honest) and I do like them, but they were stronger than my tinctures have ever been.

If you already have the THC oil, I don't think I'd mix it in with the tincture until after it's been made, I would just worry about losing potency of the oil itself. BUT I'm sure it would kick the tincture up to 11 on the potency scale

Actually this batch is less potent than an edible, much less, mostly because I didn't use very much material to make it. THIS batch gives me a nice overall soothing body effect and the onset is very fast. BUT previous batches which were made with more material have been stronger. The effect is also unlike an edible in that it doesn't last nearly as long nor do you have the bloated "omg I can't believe I'm still medicated" feeling that you get on some of the stronger edibles.

When making the stuff though, yes there is a smell, but only when you open the lid really. It's not going to stink up the entire house, just maybe the kitchen.

4. [quote name='WildWill']I haven't tried making my own capsules, as the method of delivery is faster under the tongue with the liquid itself, I have no need for capsules. I've USED pre-made capsules before (Emerald Relief, not sure they make them anymore to be honest) and I do like them, but they were stronger than my tinctures have ever been.

cool thanks I plan on using you're glycerine recipe once I have enough hash made. I'm going to use half in capsules and the rest in tincture form. I want to try to make it as strong as possible because I really like using tinctures for medical reasons, they always worked great for my pain in my back and hand.

5. Good luck, let us know how it turns out!

6. Glycerine works primarily by bonding to the hydrogen atoms of THC and CBN and truly does not need heat, but requires 30+ days. Heat greatly speeds up the process down to 1-3 days. And yes, it does smell when you're slowly cooking glycerine and herb. Not the same smell as smoking weed, but definitely a dank smell!

And the effects? It's way different than smoking it, I think. It numbs my stomach a bit, gives me some energy and reduces aches and pains. If I take lots, it will make me super tired.

7. Can you evaporate the glycerin down to a small dropper bottle somehow so as to have a more potent product, like you can with alcohol tinctures?

8. Cut the bean open, and scrape the seeds out. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Or just use a drop or two of pure vanilla extract...

10. A couple quick questions

What temp should it be in the crockpot?
    How many doses will I get per gram of Grade A medicine using this method?

Im shocked that this is not getting more attention. Also leaving it sit doing it the slow method I bet leaves a poop taste compared to this method. Im sick of smoking all the time for relief, its just inconvenient.

11. I don't know, I don't think so, as the glycerin is quite sticky. I do know that the longer it ages the more potent it gets. By the time I was done with the last batch it was only taking one dropper to notice the effects where before it was two or three.

Yes, that's what I SHOULD have done. Rather I cut open the bean and just threw it in the mix.

Or almond or orange extract or any type of coffee syrup flavor.

Temp - hmm...I use the "low" setting, I haven't ever checked the tmeperature.

Doses? You'll get a LOT. 16 oz of glycerin cooks down to 13 oz or less, considering you need only a tablespoon per dose really, that's a LOT of doses.

There's still a bit of nasty taste to this stuff though, so I do recommend a flavoring, but experiment for yourself, you never know you might like the unadulterated flavor.

12. Could you possably get a temp from that crockpot for us? I would just put some water in there and let it reach full temp and take a reading. As for flovoring I would imagine that Coffee syrup in low ammounts added would be nice maybe even a sugar free one or some mint leaf added. Hmmm mint oil.

Also I have some theory on cooking temps and how they may effect some released cannabinoids. I do know that Glycerin boils at 290C and I want to find the sweet spot.

13. Ideally you want it between 170 and 220F*. The latter number is the temperature where THC will fully decarboxylate, and the former is the minimum you want for good extraction.

A low simmer is fine.

EDIT:*The higher the temp the shorter you should leave it in for. Heat will eventually also degrade some of the cannabinoids so it's a balancing act of sorts.

14. I start out by making green dragon, then mixing the green dragon with distilled water and vegetable glycerine to make a sublingual propylene glycol tincture. I then add diferent flavorings used in making hard candy such as grape, cotton candy, watermelon etc....

I use small 1 ounce brown bottles w/ droppers or sprayers to administer. My current ratio is about a quarter of good stuff to make 4-1 ounce bottles.

Some folks use up to 1 quarter for 1-1 ounce bottle, that stuff is potent. :D

I have found that one gram of hash is about 1 quarter of the good stuff and use hash to make it as well.

I use a ratio of 2 parts glycerine to 1 part everclear to 1 part distilled water and 1 gram of decarboxylated hash.

Works great and you can make it as strong as you'd like.

Peace...:smoking:

• Like Like x 1
  15. So would it be a good idea to decarboxylate the meds then use this method, maybe this whole process can be speeded up by decarbing then slow cookin it with the glycerin. The green dragon method followed by this process just seems to be a waste of time based on what all I have read and understand about all this.

16. Yes I agree. Green Dragon is fantastic as a drink but if you're going to make an ethanol tincture it makes no sense to mix it with glycerine later. Whatever works for an individual though, it's all good.

17. I have also read that some people use a mixture of leaf and stem with there bud to change the overall effects of the meds when cooked, I bet that could be applied to this to home in the medicinal values needed.

18. I would also bet it would be harder to fail a drug test also because your body is wasting less of the thc because it is entering via the blood stream. I have also read that using a mouth wash first could open pores in your mouth and help the absorption process.

19. Mouth wash yes, drug tests no. You are just as likely to pop positive with edibles or tinctures. How do you think it gets you high? It enters your bloodstream when you smoke or vape it too, just via a different route.

20. Whoah, thanks for this recipe WildWill! and thanks for the bonus info OSG!