Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

How long to veg before flower?

• Please log in to reply

wanderer46

wanderer46

• Registered Upgraded
  • 103 posts
First indoor grow... Top 44. I'm wondering how much time I should veg before I start flower?

Does a longer veg period produce more yield because there will be more places for buds to grow???

The pic (if it posts) is 16 days old.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20100818001 Seed1 day016 long shot to post.JPG

Similar Topics: How long to veg before flower?     x

The Dragon Does

The Dragon Does

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
You get to decide the answer to this. Yes you get a better yield the longer you veg, but also you need a higher lumen requirement with a larger plant.

Rule of thumb: you plant grows 3.5x it's veg size in flower.

dangerousD

dangerousD

smoke weed every day

• Registered Upgraded
  • 934 posts
agree with above poster. if you want to clone, you should wait until the plant is big enough to support the cutting of clones, but it seems like if you can be patient (and have enough room) you should wait till it's about 1/2 the size of what you can fit in the flower room.

deacon

deacon

BANNED....from reality

• Registered Upgraded
  • 13,896 posts
beautiful plant...you've got it dialed in...short internodes..must have light and temps right on...would check out the plant training forums...lst...i would top twice..get 4 main kola..then lst...might scrog that baby....keep up the good work...easy on nutes:smoking:peace deacon

wanderer46

wanderer46

• Registered Upgraded
  • 103 posts
I think these are ready to flower. What do the experts think???

They're 25, 26 and 28 days old. Sure hope they're girls.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20100830001 All 3 day028-026-025 Angle small.JPG

BadKittySmiles

BadKittySmiles

Compassion Support BadKatsCannaPharm.com

• Bronze Member
  • 6,586 posts

deacon

deacon

BANNED....from reality

• Registered Upgraded
  • 13,896 posts
i actually find it about 3 times the veg height....height can be controled easy enough...kick em in flower..turn em loose:eek:

Mirvs

Mirvs

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 2,153 posts
I keep seeing 3x the height.

Maybe my strain is different but at the most I get 2x the height, although it is much more common for my plant to grow 1.5x the veg height.

deacon

deacon

BANNED....from reality

• Registered Upgraded
  • 13,896 posts
thats why rule of thumbs suck....indicas grow short....hybrids med..sativas ..tall...rule of thumb...but you can get phenos that pick up one or the others traits...i take my veg height...double that..and then add that to the veg heigh for a guide...strains vary..light height can cause stretch...high heat can cause plants to stretch...nutes lock can stop plants from growing...rootbound can slow growth...so it all depends on the factors involved in that particular grow:smoke: best bet is always find a grow journal doing as close to what you are doing and read it through...see what that strain does...how it reacts to nutes...light...medium...let them have the problems...you learn from them and be ready if they pop up in your grow..its always easier to learn from others mistakes...and cheaper;)

wetdog

wetdog

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,606 posts
Everything else aside, a plant will not flower until it is sexually mature, usually 5-8 weeks from seed.

When you have alternating nodes and pre flowers, it's ready to flower, not before.

Wet

BadKittySmiles

BadKittySmiles

Compassion Support BadKatsCannaPharm.com

• Bronze Member
  • 6,586 posts

• StankDankMT likes this

wanderer46

wanderer46

• Registered Upgraded
  • 103 posts

When you have alternating nodes and pre flowers, it's ready to flower, not before.

Is this what you mean 'alternating nodes and pre-flowers'? Second pic is a close up of first pic.

Too early to tell?

Attached Thumbnails

• 20100902001 Seed1 sex 45.JPG
  • 20100902002 Seed1 sex 45.JPG

Mirvs

Mirvs

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 2,153 posts

Everything else aside, a plant will not flower until it is sexually mature, usually 5-8 weeks from seed.

Wet

This is not true.

You can flower straight from seed and the plant will force itself through it's life cycle to get to flower as soon as possible. I think DrGreenGene actually sets up his clone box like this and does perpetual harvests that yield 3/4 an ounce every week this way.

Or you could veg for months, it's completely up to you and your ability.

wetdog

wetdog

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,606 posts

Is this what you mean 'alternating nodes and pre-flowers'? Second pic is a close up of first pic.

Too early to tell?

See how the leaves/stems come out opposite each other? Alternating nodes is a leaf/stem on one side and the opposite one is a little ways up from it, not directly across. Sort of staggered.

@28 days, you should be seeing them pretty soon. Like I said, 5-8 weeks from seed depending on the strain. Indicas like yours are usually closer to the 5 week time frame.

Mirvs
Yes, you can do 12/12 from seed. Usually with reduced yield and potency, but go for it if that what floats your boat. Is DrGreenGene doing this with seeds or clones? Clones are sexually mature and can be flowered as soon as they are rooted. I do this in a SOG set up.

Wet

hdcruiser07

hdcruiser07

• Registered Upgraded
  • 689 posts
a little off topic but what strain you growing.They sure look healthy.

wanderer46

wanderer46

• Registered Upgraded
  • 103 posts

a little off topic but what strain you growing.They sure look healthy.

Top 44, heard it was easy for beginners, has been so far.

wanderer46

wanderer46

• Registered Upgraded
  • 103 posts

See how the leaves/stems come out opposite each other? Alternating nodes is a leaf/stem on one side and the opposite one is a little ways up from it, not directly across. Sort of staggered.

@28 days, you should be seeing them pretty soon. Like I said, 5-8 weeks from seed depending on the strain. Indicas like yours are usually closer to the 5 week time frame.

Wet

Thanks for the tips.

I'm hoping I'll increase the female population of the planet by 3.

wanderer46

wanderer46

• Registered Upgraded
  • 103 posts

I'm hoping I'll increase the female population of the planet by 3.

I think I increased it by 2. Vote here:

http://forum.grassci...ons-please.html

darringreen

darringreen

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
so its cool to start flowering around 10 inches/12/12 for flowering

Project ICE

Project ICE

Norml NJ

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,495 posts

Top 44, heard it was easy for beginners, has been so far.

Is that the Seedsman skunk 44?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users