The challange is to grow a marijuana plant from clone/seed to full flowering maturity, with the entire root system contained within a 3oz. container.
We ask that you only post each weekly update/submission. If you want to make comments about someones submission or post more pics throughout the week of your plant(s) you can do some in this chit chat thread. If people fail to heed this request I will have all posts deleted that are not submissions. You can multi-quote something here then have it quoted in the chit chat thread (link under text box) when you post a reply in there.
The only GC members that are not welcome to compete are our gracious volunteers; our distinguished panel of judges:
- sUpA nOvA D9
- the imitator
- DiAmOnD RaStA
Please study these rules carefully. Failing to comply with any rule may result in disqualification by a popular judges vote.
3oz Challenge Official Rules.
First, a short preamble;
The object of this challenge is to bring the members of GrassCity together in the spirit of friendly competition. If the game strays from this spirit, a judges vote, or a request from the GC staff can disqualify any contestant for any reason that they see fit, or bring the competition to an end. Because of the creative nature of this competition, there will be some unforeseen circumstances in which the rules may not advise on. In the event of these circumstances, the judges will vote on the proper course of action to take.
1. The root system of competing plants must be contained in a 3 US fluid ounce (88.72 ml) container.
- A) If any roots exist outside of the 3 oz. container, they must be cut.
- Root systems may be removed from the 3 oz. container for trimming, soil replacement or any other root system modification modification, as long as the roots are returned to and confined in the 3 oz. container to continue it's growth.
- C) External watering systems and reservoirs are allowed, but are limited to 1 Gallon in size.
2. Each contestant may choose one seed, and one clone to enter.
- A) No clones may be cut, and no seeds may be germinated until the contest start date (8/1/2010).
- Several seedlings and cuttings may be started in cloning/germinating mediums, but only a single seed and a single clone may be chosen to compete. The competing plant(s) must be transplanted to the 3oz container as soon as roots are present.
- C) The cutoff date for choosing the actual plant(s) that will be entered to compete will be 8/20/10
- D) Any cannabis plant is allowed, including plants with sativa, indica, and/or ruderalis genetics.
- E) Clone size is unlimited.
3. The competition will begin on 8/1/2010 and end on 11/13/2010 (17 weeks)
- A) Competition end will be the mandatory harvest date
- There will be no penalty for early harvests.
4. No lighting restrictions
- A) No light schedule restrictions
- No light intensity restrictions
- C) HPS, MH, CMH, CFL, LED, UVB, Plasma, the Sun, even candle light. Anything goes.
5. Pictures are mandatory.
- A) Updated pictures of your plant in it's 3 oz. container, with a Metric or standard English ruler must be submitted in the competition thread weekly.
- Pictures must clearly show the plant in it's container. Blurry pictures or pictures that look suspicious will be rejected.
- C) Pictures must be posted once every week. Weeks begin on sunday at 12:00AM GMT and end saturday at 11:59PM GMT.
- D) Official Pictures must be at least 5 days apart, but can be posted at any time during each week.
- E) Extenuating circumstances may be grounds for picture delay without disqualification, but must pass a judges consensus for the validity of the claim before the week's end.
- MX Grower
On a side note; anyone that is doing this un-officially please only post in the chit chat thread.
Thank you and we are all looking forward to see what you Mad Scientists pull out of your hats
Edited by NOVA, 25 September 2010 - 05:07 PM.