Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

pound a 1000 watt light doable?

• Please log in to reply

hemphero

hemphero

• Registered Upgraded
  • 302 posts
Yes 1000 watt lights can produce a pound with like 20 plants under a light, BUT FOR MY CASE being medical i can only have 32 plants, so im putting 4 plants under each 1000 watt hps. with co2 and hydroponics is it possible to get a pound a light, meaning a 4 ounces each plant. Genetics are Great, sensi big bud, serious seeds chronic and green house church...
LET ME KNOW THANKS

fishkiller

fishkiller

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Oh Yeah!

Plasticninja

Plasticninja

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Yes. It is doable but you will need good nutes and to keep the temps right and have a good veg period. If you do those things with your set up you'll pull that.

iCLONE

iCLONE

• Registered Upgraded
  • 429 posts
I just pulled 26+ OZ (730 grams) from 8 plants under a 4' X 8' ScrOG
and using 1400 watt Hps (2 x 400 watt, 1 x 600 watt). I grew in FFOF.

see the grow @ youtube.com/L4SV3GAS. Also see it here at GC:

http://forum.grassci...90-post214.html

http://forum.grassci...tml#post8135709

Very doable .....

ogdreamin

ogdreamin

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
im sorry im new but how can you pull a lb with 20 plants under a single 1000w hps? I am setting up 2 1000w hps planned on doing about 25 plants was hoping to pull MAYBE 2 lbs off of that. it is my first grow so i have been reading all the advice i can read!

kkilleen99

kkilleen99

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
1.3 Oz per plant seems very low for 2000 watts IMO, I am more than doubling that under 600's, I aways scratch my head when I see so many posts of people averaging so little per plant. I think my yield is poor compare to some local friends yields, but do not understand the sub 2oz per plant in soil, Hydro I can see that, but not in soil. I can only contribute it to strain, because I sure don't do anything special. I use FF soil and nutes (including beatsie and chaching etc) follow their schedule, actually 75% of what they recommend and incorporate Lumperdawgz Tea, once in ver and once in flower(just started this) I also run 1200ppm or co2:hello:, I have 30 plants under 3 600's....veg for 4 weeks, and dont top or pinch etc, I do start from clones(from the bottom of the plant prior to flower. pretty straight forward, no magic. I am not trying to toot my horn, just confused why some growers get such low yield,

kkilleen99

kkilleen99

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Very doable .....

Nice video, and good yield, can you fit more plants under your setup? or are you limiyed to 8

Guest_Bedorf1_*

Guest_Bedorf1_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
you can easly get 4 ounces a plant with a 1000wer, my friend just got 3 ounces in a pc case using 4 23w cfl's so id say it wont be trouble for you at all

brizoke

brizoke

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

you can easly get 4 ounces a plant with a 1000wer, my friend just got 3 ounces in a pc case using 4 23w cfl's so id say it wont be trouble for you at all

Pics or it didn't happen.

Guest_Bedorf1_*

Guest_Bedorf1_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
http://forum.grassci...l-wwxnl-16.html

brizoke

brizoke

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

http://forum.grassci...l-wwxnl-16.html

Very very nice!!!

TooSober

TooSober

• Registered Upgraded
  • 133 posts
Yeah.. those number dont make much sense to me either.
Im on my second grow now, but my first, I harvested one plant under a 400w HPS and got 3.5oz cured.

That was only like 13 or 14 little stems.

BurnabyBud

BurnabyBud

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 299 posts
i would replace 4 1000 wat lights with 7 600watters... i woulnd't be surprised if you could pull 5-7 lbs off 4200 watts... with aeroponics sky's the limit, i bet you could pass the gram per watt threshold (yes 4200 grams)

trickJames

trickJames

skunky funker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 103 posts
Main factor is going to be genetics and then environmental.
I've pulled 2lbs off a 1000W growing the Sage. When you get genetic stock just look at what they yield per square meter. Then get plants to fill the space.

Just keep your conditional variables within their limits, give Co2 and quality newts, good ventilation and u will get an lb. off a 1000Watter easy.

SkunkFish

SkunkFish

Cannabinoid Receptors ON

• Registered Upgraded
  • 110 posts

Very doable .....

I bet you stood there looking at the buds for at least 15 minutes.

Russy

Russy

Dr. Green Thumb

• Registered Upgraded
  • 10,183 posts
Its doable for sure.

that's only .448 Grams per watt , and i think most people shoot for .5 , which would be 17.8 oz's . I think , as already stated, that environmental conditions, and genetics have a lot to do with it.. I think that you could run a heavy yielding strain to optimal conditions and get much more.
  • snoopdog6502 likes this

iCLONE

iCLONE

• Registered Upgraded
  • 429 posts

Nice video, and good yield, can you fit more plants under your setup? or are you limiyed to 8

I could easily fit 12 plants under that screen. I should have ... My yield would have been better.

I bet you stood there looking at the buds for at least 15 minutes.

I did spend a lot of time admiring them but I also spent too much time tending them. I made mistakes
that cost me time, money, effort and yield. But all in all I was satisfied.

Humboldt Billy

Humboldt Billy

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

It is possible to get 1 1/2 pounds per light and more,  I got 3 pounds running a set up using 12 5 gallon pots, plants were about a foot tall when they were flipped to 12/12.  I run straight pro mix and use guano and worm casting tea, switch guano for flowering. This was under 2 1000 watt hps. Really fat nugs, indica dominant stain at around 28% thc. I made a custom made watering system that water every 30 minutes during the 12 hour flowering period. Kept temp between 72 and 80 degrees. I know I could get more by vegging longer and using scrog of other methods. Peace

Humboldt Billy

Humboldt Billy

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

It is possible to get 1 1/2 pounds per light and more,  I got 3 pounds running a set up using 12 5 gallon pots, plants were about a foot tall when they were flipped to 12/12.  I run straight pro mix and use guano and worm casting tea, switch guano for flowering. This was under 2 1000 watt hps. Really fat nugs, indica dominant stain at around 28% thc. I made a custom made watering system that water every 30 minutes during the 12 hour flowering period. Kept temp between 72 and 80 degrees. I know I could get more by vegging longer and using scrog of other methods. Peace

Without me this pot is nothing, Without it I am nothing

marvajuana

marvajuana

Power Hitter

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,612 posts

It is possible to get 1 1/2 pounds per light and more, I got 3 pounds running a set up using 12 5 gallon pots, plants were about a foot tall when they were flipped to 12/12. I run straight pro mix and use guano and worm casting tea, switch guano for flowering. This was under 2 1000 watt hps. Really fat nugs, indica dominant stain at around 28% thc. I made a custom made watering system that water every 30 minutes during the 12 hour flowering period. Kept temp between 72 and 80 degrees. I know I could get more by vegging longer and using scrog of other methods. Peace

wow! just think what you could do if you used actual soil.

Twas Ever Thus!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users