Intermittent Fasting- I am your guinea pig

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Russia, Aug 16, 2010.

1. This is awesome

2. I know this is an old post but I would like to ask you for your results.

I have been IF'ing and Powerlifting for over 3 years now. Since we are in this forum I wonder: did you notice any difference in your cannabis sensitivity?

Because I had never smoked until about a year ago, and for some reason I always get way higher than everyone else. I suspect that the combination of IF (raising met. + getting rid of metabolites faster and therefore reduced tolerance to THC) plus vigorous exercise (additional metabolism increase, reduced fat ->less THC storing sites) is the reason for this increased sensitivity.

3. Yes starving yourself will provide weight loss results. Turns out the body cannibalizes its self when it cannot get proper nutrition. Doing this you will lose both mass and size. some people call it fasting, others say counting calories. I however always think of anorexia or bulimia.

You will be calorie deficient.  you may say and do things you may not have wanted to do. you will have no energy. you will initially lose weight but the next time you eat the body will store more reserves to recover and also prepare for the next lean time. your body will also store more water than normal so it can maintain reserves. YOU also will have a very low metabolism. so forget normal bowel movements and decent cardio ability's. chances are when you do eat you will be to tired after to do anything.

So unless you are going to fast every other day for the rest of your life I would not consider this as a viable weight loss method. as soon as you get back into a normal eating schedule you will gain back twice as much as you lost I guarantee.
       Here is what I suggest to lose weight.
    1. wake up early every morning and run for at least 30 minutes. at first it will be hard just focus on keeping that heart rate up for 30 minutes. you will walk more than run at first most likely.\t
    2. eat enough every day to maintain cardio fitness. lots of carbs but also fruits veggies and decent amount of lean meats..\t
    3. Don't drink alcohol, Don't eat processed foods (like fast food or chips) Don't drink anything other than water, black tea, or black coffee. Remember those fake sweeteners not only give you cancer but tend to make you gain weight. (water retention from toxic chemicals)\t
    4. stay consistent with diet and exercise.

I have been fasting every other day for 3 years, and no I did not loose size, strength or intellect (I gained tremendous size and strength, as for intellect it is a bit more subjective but my cognitive performance is either unchanged or improved) I also do not consume less calories, I simply consume them in a smaller window of time. Search 'Intermitent Fasting' and you will see what I mean.
    Your body takes quite some time (more than 24 hours) before it starts using protein for gluconeogenesis so you do not loose muscle, as for neurons there are some studys suggesting your brain works more efficiently on ketones (by-product of using fat as a glycose source), which I don't entirely trust, but at least it might prove that you do not get any "dumber".

Anyway there are some theories on how your liver is more efficient at getting rid of toxins while fasting, and that is the reason I suspect I have never felt any "tolerance". It is just an hypothesis, but it would be interesting if more people experienced the same as it would give some hints of plausability to my theory.

As for your advice, I appreciate that you actually put some time trying to help me, but since I am a powerlifter my overall health (nutrition, exercise, sleep, toxins) is well controlled, 

5. #345 yurigadaisukida, May 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2015
    Delete