Cleaning a solo pipe with resinate?

Discussion in 'General' started by hunte12, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Hello, my friend borrowed my solo pipe a year ago. I forgot about it, and he just returned it and it's very dirty. It's caked with black gunk-funk. He offered to buy me a new one, but I'm wondering if I could clean it with Resinate Cleaning Solution? This job is bigger than the brush that came with the solo pipe. Thanks.

2. Soak it in isopropyl alcohol, higher percentage is better. It'll clean that shit right out.

3. rubbing alcohol and kosher salt in a plastic bag, with the pipe, shake the shit outta of it, rinse, looks like new.

4. Okay thanks to you both, so soaking it completely won't damage it? I guess the internal mechanisms are all steel? I was just going to soak a brush in resinate and scrub it trying to avoid getting it in the side of the solopipe. But that's awesome and easier if I can just soak it in alcohol.

Thanks!:hello::hello:

5. Should be fine, but I wouldn't go with anything less than 91% for ISO. Preferrably look for 99% ISO if you can find it, obviously the higher the purity, the faster it will evaporate off the internals without causing any undue harm.

6. oh im sorry man, i just looked up a solopipe, for some reason i thought it was a glass pipe, im now unsure if soaking it would allow it to still work, let alone clean it.

only use rubbing alcohol on glass.

my apoligies, i would just take a paper clip to it till its smokable, but i still am not sure how this pipe works, so im not much help.

7. This. Since your pipe's metal, you're really going to want to use 99% iso. The less water the better, rust is very unsightly.

8. #8 Weedity, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2013
    Yeah except that salt and alcohol shit evaporates off the glass and isn't full of chemicals sticking to your glass pieces :smoke:

Every post you have had since your created your account has been about "Klear"  :laughing: 

Klearly you are advertising the product and that is all hahaha. Listen, Klear is nothing but a bunch of shitty chemicals. Alcohol evaporates quickly, so I don't know what harsh burning hits your talking about. Maybe not rinsing it out enough :confused_2: 

90 percent iso alcohol and sea salt will clean any piece to perfection. Avoid nasty products.