Vaporizer vs Bong Efficiency

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by TheDubiousBaker, Aug 13, 2010.

1. "Quiet a bit" is a pretty relative term. Don't know if 100 bucks is "quite a bit", but you can get a darn good vape, the LaunchBox, for 100 bucks.

2. #42 Danonymous, Aug 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2010
    Well I guess it depends on whether you think you need other stuff besides THC to get you high. Idk but I feel like I'm not very high unless I got a nice body stone goin on.

Edit----didn't word that right, I know pure thc will still get you high.....just not the same you know? :)

3. ive been using bongs for years, got my own a little over year ago and got the Da Buddha just about a year ago, so ive had a fair amount of daily experience by now. when i first got the vaporizer it was my new "thing", in my mind nothing compared to it i had gone almost a month without smoking and only vaporizing. I took a trip back to where i used to live and stayed with a couple friends who only used (2-3 foot tall) bongs or blunts for the 4 days i was there, when i got home and went back to vapeing it just wasnt hitting me as hard so i went back to my bong daily. just recently though i started using the vaporizer again, and im going to go back to it for the next couple weeks.

as far as efficiency, the vaporizer absolutely wins.. you can start the temperature on the lower side and hit off of that until you dont feel or taste anything, turn the temperature up a little until you can only see a small amount of vapor, and even though if you can get a thick vapor cloud your temperature is too high ill turn it up one last time and get a nice thick last 2 hits. ive had one .5 gram whip pack last me 2 full days of morning and night sessions. a vaporizer is a very good tool if your just chillen and watching tv, the high is perfect for that and you will save a lot of bud compared to if you had been smoking the whole time.

as far as the high though i would always prefer a bong, for first timers the vaporizer is a new way of smoking so that alone will make you feel more high, the smoke simply delivers more chemicals that contribute to the overall high feeling that you have been used to though.

4. #44 nascarfan, Aug 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2010
    Yes a vape really does get you higher on less. But in my opinion it's a different feeling high. I usually settle into the really relaxed feeling where I'm nice and tingly all over. It also takes a few minutes to creep up on me.

When I smoke out of a bong I'm overwhelmed with a head rush and feel kinda restless, and it comes on very fast. Sometimes I can't even stand after a few bong rips lol.

So eh, bongs are great at getting you fucking ripped as fast as possible, but vapes, in my opinion, are better for a comfortable high. I actually do prefer the vape high after using my MFLB for a couple of weeks. But I still take the occassional bong rip lol. Because hell, bong rips are loads of fun.

5. #45 Hydroriffic, Aug 29, 2010
    vapes are good for efficiency, but idk just dont perfer them. I dont really care about saving weed. I like the feeling of milking a tube and ripping it. Volcano is the only vape ive used before and it got me high but didn't seem to knock me down. I understand the bong has bunch of crap in smoke, but couldn't give two shits. Plus I love glass art. This thread is just another vape vs bong thread like the last 30. Its all personal preference.

6. If the thread asked which was better then you would be correct.

Since it is about efficiency then your assertion about this thread is false, it is unequivocally true that a vape is more efficient.

So while you are correct about the fact that determining which is best is a subjective matter you are incorrect in asserting that this thread is about that topic and thus doesn't have merit.

The topic at hand is about efficiency which is a objective topic that can and has been proven through the scientific method.

7. #47 Hydroriffic, Aug 29, 2010
    Yea i agree the vape is more efficient and it uses less budz. My post was definitely more towards preference rather than which is more efficient. I just got my point across wrong.

In my mind its more efficient to get the bong and smoke a bowl rather than smoking a bowl out of a vape because I dont enjoy the vape as much. When I smoke the bong I have a higher level of enjoyment which contributes to my overall high. But yea scientifically speaking the vape will use less weed to get you higher. Plus you can make edibles with the ABS or smoke it. My homie with the volcano saves the ABS for his girl because she likes it, idk why but w/e.

8. With the GBC Vaporizer ($65 on ebay), from personal use, a person can easily get blazed with .2g's.. the high is so much better as well as much smoother and longer lasting. Although, the high isn't for everyone. If you love huge clouds of smoke and hits that knock you on your ass, the vaporizer may not cut it. If you are on the fence, go with the vape if you are buying a secondary piece. (meaning you already have a nice bong to rip).. If you are buying a first piece, you probably haven't smoked too much to care about the different highs. In that situation, go with the vaporizer. You will love the amount of cannabis you save! Plus you can use the vaped cannabis for edibles and hash :smoking:

9. sorry to revive an old topic, but i looked over the pdf that sleepy96 posted a link to.. and according to Table 1, combusted smoke contains 3.24% THC, whereas the Volcano vaporizer only contained 1.95% THC. How is that more efficient???

10. There needs to be a new test,with the newer vapes also,possibly even with a herb iron,i got one and i think i get more smoke because i'm guessing flame destroys some of the weed and first contact?

11. idk man, the Volcano is a pretty highly-regarded piece in the vaping community. everyone keeps posting shit like "science proves vaporizers are better" just because one person says so.. yet nobody actually bothered to look at the figures lol.
    science proves that my bubbler > my vape; bitches.

12. #52 xsploit, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2011
    Its also a completely different high and i think it saves your weed,an eight never lasted me like 4 days,then i started vaping and it lasted me a full week or more. But iam vapor bonging from an extreme q
    also
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_MqPy_rabA]YouTube - Extreme q vaporizer whip and bong[/ame]

13. i still dont think that would increase THC percentage nearly enough to compare with combustion. this is kind of depressing news for me :[.

14. Well i didn't really read, but what if it was per bag and you can get more than one bag from a dose? I'm going to read the whole thing lol..i think

15. hm yeah true...