Organic Higher Learning Resources

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Chunk, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Yea

2. Is the warning actually printed on the box or is it an attached sticker?

3. That's a new one on me. I'd contact Dr. Earth directly and ask them.

Ask Dr, Earth or call them: 707-448-4676 707<span style="color:#fff;">707-448-46760707-448-46767-448-46767-448-4676</span>

4. #264 dlsmokes, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2014
    Yup, what specific info were you looking for? I use that, and Down to earth brand.

I've seen that, and its why i started getting the other shit.

5. It looks like it was stamped on the box in black ink. It is on the alfalfa meal and fish bone meal, but it isn't on the blood meal. I got all of them from amazon. 

6. Printed with an expiration date...

Attached Files:

7. chrony

It's the value-added versions of these two specific products that may require this label in some jurisdictions, i.e. the so-called 'beneficial bacteria' and some rather interesting strains of endo and ecto mycorrhizal fungi. Both of which are somewhat murky under USDA NOP's rules and regulations. 

I wouldn't worry too much about it if it were me. 

HTH

CC

8. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm glad I can use this stuff without worry. Not many resources locally other than Espoma. 

9. #269 GiMiK, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2014
  10. #270 waktoo, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014

Oh, snap!  You da' man, G'!  :metal:

Muchas gracias.

11. Newb to organics and an off the bottle frame of mind.  Thanks for all the time and energy that went into  the Organics section here on Grasscity! :metal:

12. Can someone explain to me what these products can do for my grow?

1. 2000x aloe Vera powder
    2. Bio ag full power
    3. Coconut water powder

13. You should get those three if you go into organics. Ful power is fulvic acid or concentrated compost. It helps your plant up take minerals and such. Chelation. Coconut juice is good for you plus it is steroids for plants. Aloe is good too. It helps with the roots plus a other stuff. I'm new to organics and I use all of those. They are to be used not all the time some once or twice a week. Ask Jeremy from BAS. Leave a message on the website ask and he will tell you all about it. -FT

• Like Like x 1
  14. The ten main areas of chemical constituents of Aloe vera include: Amino Acids, Anthraquinones, Enzymes, Minerals, Vitamins, Lignins, Monosaccharide, Polysaccharides, Salicylic Acid, Saponins, And Sterols.

Amino acids found in Aloe vera include: Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Threonine, Valine,And Tryptophan. Some Of The Other Non-Essential Amino Acids Found In Aloe Vera Include Alanine, Arginine, Asparagine, Cysteine, Glutamic Acid, Glycine, Histidine, Proline, Serine, Tyrosine, Glutamine, And Aspartic Acid.

Enzymes include Amylase, Bradykinase, Catalase, Cellulas, Lipase, Oxidase, Alkaline Phosphatase, Proteolytias, Creatine Phosphokinase and Carboxypeptidase.

Aloe vera also contains Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, and B12 along with Choline, Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, Manganese, Chromium, Selenium. Additional elements found in Aloe vera include Copper, Iron, Potassium, Phosphorus, And Sodium.

What coconut water gives you are Gibberellins – specifically G1 thru G8, Indole-acetic-acid (IAA), enzymes and Cytokinins

Fulvic acid is a chelater/catalyst for many functions (above my paygrade). More information can be found at bioag.com

Peace!

P-

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. <<<<<<<<<< what he said. Thank you. I'm new too and just learning the terms. It's hard when you want to help and you don't know why something does what it does. Thanks P

Lol, been there done that. So much info gets thrown down around here it's hard to take it all in sometimes. I think I have like 100-150 pdf's from Coot I need to read still lmao. :eek:

Peace!

P-

• Like Like x 1
  17. I've recently looked into the bio ag products tm-7, vam, Ful-humix and cytoplus. Thinking I have some more learning to do. I understand that they increase uptake, vam is myco but the cyto plus and Ful humix are a little confusing to my simple mind as to when, where and what. I am looking into these products because feel I can achieve better performance from my super soil mix and AACT. BioAg has a good website but is there an area for noobs or can I find someone more learn ed on these products in here willing to give me a few guidelines to follow while using this stuff. High Everybody👋

18. I went back to their website and found some nice recommendations and rates in the FAQ section and under each products feature area. I missed some of the links on first read. Interesting stuff. Am I right in thinking that with my no till, water only method; I should be ok since there's already some good humic acid sources happening already with my compost and other parts of my soil mix?

StickE.

I have two packages of TM7 sitting on my shelves that I haven't used in 2+ years. IME, the quality of my home made vermicompost provides the humic acids needed to sustain my grows. Adding kelp meal to my worm bins has me covered for the micro-nutrients. I've adopted a minimalist style of growing as of late and am quite happy with the results.

I use fulvic acid in foliar sprays like alfalfa-kelp or aloe vera-kelp. FA has a smaller molecule structure than HA and helps foliar sprays permeate the cell membranes of leaves. It's real important to follow the directions when using these products as they can make things go wrong in a hurry.

Check out this link to learn the differences in humic products:

The Real Dirt on Humic Substances

20. Highya chunk :wave: I have a question or two for you, if you don't mind. What sort of frequency would you suggest for kelp tea foliar sprays on OD vegging plants? 1x per week? Bi-weekly? 1x per season? I understand that timing is very important with these things. Also, what would be your recommendation for alfalfa/kelp mixes? I wouldn't want to overdo anything. I agree that "less is more" is the best policy. Looking forward to your opinions! Thanks :)