Organic Higher Learning Resources

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Chunk, Jul 31, 2010.

1.   I haven't read all the posts but if an individual wants to learn more about Organic Gardening on his own go to Ebay and buy the Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening. This will tell you the "facts" of Organic Gardening!! No BS !!! Composting, Manure teas, NPK, PH . You name it it's right there on your fingertips . Also look for books on Organic's and Composting.. This can and will change a novice into an Experienced Gardener!!

2. Why not take some time and save some money while reading here? Most any kind of applicable practice is expounded on here, in relation to gardening (cannabis or otherwise).

There's literally hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars worth of reading material offered for free scattered throughout GC. I personally uploaded 3 "college textbooks" on the subjects of vermiculture, biochar and enzymatic reactions within the soil.

The info is already here for free, if you have the ambition to learn.

3. Well said bro. This thread has saved alot of folks some good money. This one and HaGGarD's library.

What books are you referring to above and how can I get my eyeballs on em? I'm still on the hunt for TWN also but every digital copy I've come across gives me issues with downloading.

4. I posted them in the lounge a while back but it got buried. Here they are again for easy access.

5. Thank you sir!

6. hi just wondering if anyone could help with some beneficial for flowering outdoor organic got the basics with molasses and guano wat else is good

hi just wondering if anyone could help with some beneficial for flowering outdoor organic got the basics with molasses and guano wat else is good

7. Welcome to GC! There's ALOT of beneficial information stored around. You're actually in what I consider to be one of if not THE best thread here for a plethora of reading material and links. Also check the rest of the stickies.

My best advice is to save yourself a ton of frustration by first obtaining the best humus you can get your hands on. Compost or worm casting...or both. Start there and you'll be glad you did. I wouldn't worry so much about the guano and molasses just yet.

What are you asking?  :confused_2:

Is this the Rodale book? I have that, still packed away after the move 7 years ago. :confused:  Have had the book since the early 70's.

GIMIK, yes, there is a shit ton of information on the net but it's a real pain to drag a PC under the blankets on a cold winters night for reading. :ey: 

I do love my books.

Wet

10. lol yeah, me too. I try to get as many books in physical form as I can...one day I'd love to build myself a library and fill it with my own books.  :smoke:  I used to live at the local library (practically), going from shelf to shelf looking for my next story to absorb every day after school for years....

Theres a reason I went with the pdf though...those books I linked are along the lines of "college textbooks" and the price tag shows it.

In order to avoid paying upwards of $1000 for all the files I've picked up, I found them on the interwebz. Looking through the links now I find the price has dropped considerably since I last saw but still more than I can afford.

http://www.amazon.com/Vermiculture-Technology-Earthworms-Environmental-Management/dp/1439809879
    http://rd.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-642-14225-3_2
    http://www.amazon.com/Biochar-Environmental-Management-Science-Technology/dp/184407658X

One of the more convenient bits of info I picked up from LD/Coot is about Evernote, which is both a program for the PC and an app for your mobile device.

All you need to do is make an account using your email here: https://evernote.com/

It uses a cloud esque data storage system so you can upload .pdfs from your home computer and then download them onto your phone. Has a built in pdf reader so it's all you need past the files you want to view. Just started using it back in may; I absolutely love being able to read my downloaded pdfs on the go.

11. #251 Dreamboxuser, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014
    Check out a PC/Mac/mobile program called Calibre. It will convert, organize upload and download anything to and from almost any ereader.

calibre-ebook.com

12. Does anyone have Paul Stamet's Mycelium Running in pdf form?

13. #254 Anatman, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
    My god the information in this post. Epic, to say the least.

14. anybody know of a good granular myco product that can be sourced on-line? :confused_2:

15. Do any of you have any experience with Dr. Earth single ingredients? On the back of the fish bone meal and alfalfa meal box, in the bottom right corner, it says not for use in organic food and crop production. Could someone maybe explain why these products aren't organic? Btw, I got them through amazon if that makes any difference. 

Are these the products that you purchased?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]